Sign in to follow this  
Horsch

Meditation change please?

please, make meditation like, ALOT easier. like 20 times easier. but at the same time, make it more like faith/favor when you convert or switch pathes... it should be reset.

this will allow more versatility with all the new priest combinations of spells and things that change in wurm. along with changing kingdoms.

so, it wouldn't take a year or two years to get sotg. but at the same time, if you change kingdoms, you'll have to start again.

i think its a small price to pay for making it much easier and more versatile. 

please let me know what you think.

things i think would affect negatively:

price of account sales

people already with sotg type accounts

things i think would affect positively:

versatility in changing paths

versatility in type of gameplay such as going from skill gaining to pvper

versatility in choosing what you want just like priests

faster/better meditation gains so it dont take 1+ years to get 70 meditation

possibly the ability to get 100 meditation

like i said, please post your input. i think this would be a better way to the meditation ways, as opposed to currently.

• Like 1

The new weekly enlighten possibilities make it easy enough to switch paths.

right now, any new players, are told to start the path of insanity, cause of sotg and it would take forever alone to obtain. so why not allow new players and old alike, the ability to change and go through trial and error phases of their wurm life experimenting with different pathes and figuring out what works best for their gameplay?

thats the overall goal of this. not make all those players lose out on a year+ of meditation training, but allow those same players, to be able to play around with those meditation paths as well, see if they like path of hate > path of insanity, or see if they want to go grind skills and go path of knowledge.

that's all i'm trying to accomplish with this idea.

ok, and what about the "new player" who only plays for 6 months? yeah, not possible for them to get it 70 meditation or even 90+ to experience meditation paths.

they'll be lucky if they get to 40-50 in 6 months and thats with constantly meditating and setting RL timers to login and meditate with sleep bonus and using a 1ql rug with high enchant.

come on now. be real. go start a new character and start meditating, please.

ok, and what about the "new player" who only plays for 6 months? yeah, not possible for them to get it 70 meditation or even 90+ to experience meditation paths.

they'll be lucky if they get to 40-50 in 6 months and thats with constantly meditating and setting RL timers to login and meditate with sleep bonus and using a 1ql rug with high enchant.

come on now. be real. go start a new character and start meditating, please.

Since new year I've actually gone from 0-67 meditating, slacking included. I would be well over 70 if I had done it properly.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

Why should a new player reach 70+ meditation within 6 months? :o  This is not what meditation is about - it is a very slow process, on purpose! Wurm has many players who reached 70+ meditation, and some are even at 90+. So it is definitely possible, but it takes time and dedication! (Wurm is not a quick and easy game for impatient players :) )

• Like 3

Meditation isn't as bad to grind as everyone seems to even on freedom you can hit 70 meditation before the questions all come up if you just get 5+ attempts in per day. I also don't see why converting kingdom should reset it.

Edited by Webba
  • Like 1

Should enlightenment work i would not complain here - but no success ever here even with much higher skill than needed...

If you're only playing for 6 months then you don't need to bother with meditation.

Since new year I've actually gone from 0-67 meditating, slacking included. I would be well over 70 if I had done it properly.

Nice.. :D Fun to come :D

• Like 1

I would be much happier if a successful meditation gave skillgain, instead of succeeding and NOT getting skill... Especially since successful med with no gain takes away one of the daily attempts...

Skillgain should be even and straightforward across the board - you succeed in an action, you gain skill - you fail an action, you get no gain - simples ;p

as it is now, some skills are like that, but others are all over the place - win to lose, lose to win, win to nothing, and so on... success = gain, fail = no gain should be the system for ALL skills IMHO

• Like 1

Mediation is fine I have gotten to 80 meditation before i finished to cooldown to go to level 11, which is less than 166 days appx 5 and a half month.

maybe its just me who goes 7-9 meditations a day and goes 1-2 weeks without a single ticket of meditation.

maybe its character based on the rng or whatever, i dont know.

grats to those who got ticks. but im sick of not getting meditation ticks. its just annoying.

and i figured if to make something easier, you would have to throw in a downside as well. thats why i suggested if you change kingdom or path it resets your skill. 

but whatever. like i said, not everyone is happy with how the current system is because I know for a fact, i'm not the only person who goes a week or longer without getting a tick.

but then theres players who get good luck with ticks and see no problem with the system. 

You don't get ticks because you're on epic where the curve messes up ticks

I think horsch's suggestion is like cornchips said, its based around epic code.

For those that don't know, we get skillticks at the frequency of our effective skill, but the size of the tick is dependent on the actual skill. It makes some skills a lot more difficult, namely meditation, and we have ran some tests, nothing official just side by side and in my experience we can usually get 2 points on Epic in the time it takes to get 6-8 or so on Chaos/Freedom.

but w/e, i dont really mind one way or another, the 24 days bothers me certainly, but one of my accounts is already where he needs to be in meditation, the other is on freedom where it is quite easy to grind.

skill requirement isn't on the curve, therefore skillgain shouldn't be either (in terms of frequency)

the problem isn't directly with the time it takes to get 70, it's the skillgain mechanic as a whole that isn't even a measure of effort put in or in some cases even of time put in, but simply of time spent with premium (ie. people logging in only to meditate who never really play the game other than that)

paths are imbalanced horribly, simple as that; yeah, gone is op as ######, but nerfing it will only fix the most op option, then it will follow down the hierarchy of the next best, etc. because that's how wurm's "balance" works (same as with armor)

all in all, the whole meditation system needs an overhaul - I've been working on a concept design, but who knows when that will be finished

Edited by MisterTeddy

The problem with these threads is that you never see someone finish grinding med to 90+ and then say "please fix", it's folks who get sick of the grind on the way up and want it easier, I don't like how meditation works but it's just the nature of the beast and it's how it's been for years. I don't see a reason for it to be any easier now. If epic is messing it up then it should be clearly stated as such in the OP and if it's a bug then fixed, if not then it's just part of playing on epic. -1

• Like 4

The problem with these threads is that you never see someone finish grinding med to 90+ and then say "please fix", it's folks who get sick of the grind on the way up and want it easier, I don't like how meditation works but it's just the nature of the beast and it's how it's been for years. I don't see a reason for it to be any easier now. If epic is messing it up then it should be clearly stated as such in the OP and if it's a bug then fixed, if not then it's just part of playing on epic. -1

You're wrong, there have been epic players who got to 90 and then asked for a fix, but that doesn't matter at all, since Rolf probably won't touch meditating anyway.

edit:

What needs changing the most are the buffs themselves :^)

Edited by Monokles
  • Like 1

normally I'd soapbox about viable options, but I think the better solution is subtractive design

I know that the trend of making Wurm easier is making progress (there is not enough balancing pressure to make Wurm harder), but please leave us some long-term goals to pursue.

• Like 1

its just a problem with the epic system,maybe it could be better i dont play there and dont know,but in freedom its fine.

I know that the trend of making Wurm easier is making progress (there is not enough balancing pressure to make Wurm harder), but please leave us some long-term goals to pursue.

yeah, all for long term goals that have some kind of difficulty involved (ie. a challenge for the player to overcome)

but -1 to long term goals that are all about tedium, or worse - how long your character has been subbed, these ruin the game