Sign in to follow this  
Rhea

Shrine construction on freedom servers?

Hello everyone!

I have question, can anyone help me understand how it works? If I buy unfinished shrine can I build it on my deed at freedom server? If the rules of  shrine mission apply in this case? Does it need to be specific location, only 5x5 slabbed area or it can be finished anywhere? If it can't be built on deed can it be done on perimeter and later expand deed over it? I just want nice decoration for our deed :unsure:

Thank you in advance for any advice!

• Like 1

It cannot be built on-deed.  I've been told that it's possible to build it off-deed and then push it into position on-deed, but if you were to resize your deed later you would have to push the shrine off-deed first.

But I have not tried any of that myself.

Edited by vardoj

They can only be built where the missions specifiy, if you try elsewhere you'll be blocked from doing so

No they can only be stated were the mission requires there also the only one that does not have a push pull destroy option so no you can not build on a deed and you can not expand over them. The others you can build in premier and push onto deed.

Thanks for all your replies! I see it is bit complicated and probably can't be built just as decoration at least off deed :(

But why people selling unfinished shrines? I was about to buy 1 and now not sure why they selling it at all if we can't build it ? If I will do mission why do I need unfinished shrine for 1s if I can build it myself ( of course if I find right location, but that was not the case ), I was hoping to be able to build it where I want to just as epic Guard towers ).

Oblisk are punishable if you like them takes a bit more work I have a few I made on deed and the tops glow at night. But with these they also run about 1s ( the locations on from are punishable messed up which is why they sell) just keep in mind only the creator last part attached can push it

'But why people selling unfinished shrines?'

People use the unfinished shrines as decoration

You can drop and continue an unfinished shrine even if there is no specific mission active, but you cannot start. When you drop you don't need to slab it - bur I never tried it on deed.

If they are like obelisks, They can only be created when the mission is running with all its requirements.

If they are like obelisks, they can be finished any where off deed.

i built a few shrines before, you can build them off-deed anywhere at any time, you only need the mission to start them,thats why people sell unfinished ones.

the problem its unlike most epic items(obelisk,temples,spiritgates etc) shrines cant be pushed at all so you cant move them into your deed after you finish it and they will block deed from expanding near the shrines(unless this has been fixed its been a while since my last attempt).

People use the unfinished shrines as decoration

Thanks Aeris!

Do you know how they look like when unfinished ?

Oblisk are punishable if you like them takes a bit more work I have a few I made on deed and the tops glow at night. But with these they also run about 1s ( the locations on from are punishable messed up which is why they sell) just keep in mind only the creator last part attached can push it

Ty Booskii ! By punishable you mean pushable? Got me thinking here :huh:

Shrine only >I have built one off deed(1 tile off deed) . It cannot be pushed after completed.  Nor can you deed over or destroy  after it is finished.

I built mine outside of the mission ( it was started in correct location then I brought it to my deed and completed at my leisure).

Edited by Chiqa

They can only be built where the missions specifiy, if you try elsewhere you'll be blocked from doing so

Becket's finished all of ours over on Xanadu without the need of a mission. They did have to be done off deed, though.

OT: I can't recall if a shrine can be push/pulled after finalization.  I know obelisks and pylons can be.

OT: I can't recall if a shrine can be push/pulled after finalization.  I know obelisks and pylons can be.

they cannot be pushed/pulled

Becket's finished all of ours over on Xanadu without the need of a mission. They did have to be done off deed, though.

I should've specified that "be built" meant "be started"

Edit: Found a picture of an unfinished shrine used as decoration on a deed:

p6hC4Rf.jpg

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

Yes push able silly phone :)

Well, I decided do not mess with shrine and  just bought one obelisk for our deed. Can you pls tell me how big they are at the base ( 1 tile like GT or bigger ) ? Thank you!

• Like 1

There about 1/4 a tile( maybe just s bit more) in with or so there skinny but really tall so you can center it on a single tile ( as much as wurm allows us to center) just remember the last part attached owns it. So only that person can move it I recommend doing it as close to the line of tiles you will push it down just out of deed and it can't fit through a door :)

• Like 1

Ty bunch Booskii Very useful info. Skinny is good :P

P.S. I was sailing by realy nice deed today on my shopping trip , saw your merchant with dyes ( I think,  but there was only 1 item sadly ), that the deed I got obelisk from. Now will make some new MOTD hehe with village next task, that will take awhile ... but its fun, hope we can finish it one day.

• Like 1

I should've specified that "be built" meant "be started"

Edit: Found a picture of an unfinished shrine used as decoration on a deed:

p6hC4Rf.jpg

Thanks Aeris for picture! Well, that doesn't look attractive :wacko: at least to my taste but finished real pain to make, oh well.

Ya I have been recently cleaned out I have will have everything stocked before the weekend and if you have a special color you would like just shoot me a pm most dyes are free glad you got one!!

Boo