Sign in to follow this  
Jollibee

PAX Prime 2015 Meetup?

Hello everyone PAX Prime 2015 is just around the corner and I was wondering if the Wurm Community is interested in a meet and greet somewhere in the Seattle Downtown area?  It would be a nice way of meeting those mysterious players we see online and put a face on them.  

I myself will be flying in for the 4 day event and was curious if anyone is interested for this.  I can plan it or preferably a local person from Seattle can plan it since I dont have much local knowledge of that area.  

Anyways it was just an idea I had please let me know your thoughts and opinion on this. 

• Like 1

Always thought it would be halirious to see a Wurm Online booth (comprised of a table and a sign) housed by like two people in the middle of the event.

Edited by FranktheTank

Imagine if you will a man in a booth with Wurm's Logo at the top. Imagine that booth operator layed out a sandbox, and placed the following building materials in it. Water, Sand, Buckets, Shovels.

Imagine that man behind the booth telling people to make a sandcastle. During which, he'd ask them how they felt as they built the castle.

When an answer is given, good or bad, the booth operator then offers them additional tools. Perhaps tiny banner flags to decorate with, or plastic wooden walls that interlock together to make a wooden house.

Then and only then the booth operator tells the people infront of him that Wurm is a game that plays out not unlike the unfolding idle games that have recently taken the internet by storm. It is a game of patience, where players start off with very few options and very few tools and are told to survive. However, unlike a survival game, the longer the player survives, the more tools are given to them. With more tools given to the player, the player is then given exponentially more paths to take. He tells them that as a player of Wurm, game-play is limited only by imagination and a drive to create. Not unlike the ability to create little sand castles, or wooden castles in the sandbox infront of the booth.

That is when the booth operator starts up the screen, and showcases Wurm's many unique abilities as a Building Game, as a Terraforming Game, as an Exploration Game and as a game of Trade.

Then, just as players think they understand all that Wurm has to offer - the booth operator smashes their creations in the sandbox with his hand. This is when a new video starts up, showcasing the political intrigue that exists on the PvP servers, interspersed with quick clips of large scale battles unfolding, finishing with the statement:

"Welcome to Wurm Online."

I would visit that booth.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 1

Imagine if you will a man in a booth with Wurm's Logo at the top. Imagine that booth operator layed out a sandbox, and placed the following building materials in it. Water, Sand, Buckets, Shovels.

Imagine that man behind the booth telling people to make a sandcastle. During which, he'd ask them how they felt as they built the castle.

When an answer is given, good or bad, the booth operator then offers them additional tools. Perhaps tiny banner flags to decorate with, or plastic wooden walls that interlock together to make a wooden house.

Then and only then the booth operator tells the people infront of him that Wurm is a game that plays out not unlike the unfolding idle games that have recently taken the internet by storm. It is a game of patience, where players start off with very few options and very few tools and are told to survive. However, unlike a survival game, the longer the player survives, the more tools are given to them. With more tools given to the player, the player is then given exponentially more paths to take. He tells them that as a player of Wurm, game-play is limited only by imagination and a drive to create. Not unlike the ability to create little sand castles, or wooden castles in the sandbox infront of the booth.

That is when the booth operator starts up the screen, and showcases Wurm's many unique abilities as a Building Game, as a Terraforming Game, as an Exploration Game and as a game of Trade.

Then, just as players think they understand all that Wurm has to offer - the booth operator smashes their creations in the sandbox with his hand. This is when a new video starts up, showcasing the political intrigue that exists on the PvP servers, interspersed with quick clips of large scale battles unfolding, finishing with the statement:

"Welcome to Wurm Online."

I would visit that booth.

Oh snap, if they ever have a booth I think you should plan it.