Sign in to follow this  
JustReQt

Arched walls materials

So, 

arched wall use 20 planks, and for me it makes no sense. They look like 5 planks if not less.

I suggest reducing planks count needed to build arched walls from 20 to 10 or even less.

• Like 2

Well i guess we should make it use more nails then maybe 20-30? 

Kegan, nope because one item of nails in invetory is not actually one single nail but a pack of 5 or 10 nails. +1 for the idea, i remember my newbish days when i first started buiding house and yhought that i'll save some material on arched walls :D

My gems weigh more than onions.

Wurm is not built on common sense, however +1 since I can see no harm in this (though it would also need to cover brick arches too).

This has been suggested so many times that I highly doubt it will change at all at this point.

Edited by Rasu

It has been suggested a few times and never was changed i just don't think it is a big deal when there are more important things that need changed. If they think it is worth spending time on then okay i guess but its not at all a concern of mine and likely not one of the developers either.  

The arched walls would use more wood then you think making the end caps with trim around the opening and with all the corner cuts..etc compared to just a few planks to cove the wall. 

Edited by Kegan

Less material for arched walls could easily lead to much lower quality, when finished - what will lead to need much more high quality material (and time) to improve it to quality of other walls ... so -1 from me

do not repair, what is not broken ... until your objective is corrupt even more things

So much salt in this thread, wow. As for the suggestion, I'd be fine with a reduced amount of materials but there would have to be a change so that the ql would come out the same as if it had taken the amount of materials that it currently does.

So, with that in mind, +1.

Less material for arched walls could easily lead to much lower quality, when finished - what will lead to need much more high quality material (and time) to improve it to quality of other walls ... so -1 from me

do not repair, what is not broken ... until your objective is corrupt even more things

Like when floors and roof mats were halved, their final build ql was halved.

I agree with you.

maybe instead of reducing the amount of mats needed for arched walls they should increase it on the other walls ;)

Edited by Zetuka

The arched walls would use more wood then you think making the end caps with trim around the opening and with all the corner cuts..etc compared to just a few planks to cove the wall. 

On top of that the arch itself needs more wood to support the large opening. A 2x4 won't be enough. 

why are stone fences 10 bricks but stone parapets 15 V :)V

See first we built the wall, then we cut out the hole. ;)

Though, don't think about it too hard... ya know, not needing mortar to build tall walls.