Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Chaos : A Buisiness Opportunity

Currently any freedom isle player entering chaos walks in with a nice big target painted on their forehead.

They're marked as hostile and, as far as I know, give full PvP rewards.

Something this idea requires is to shift that status down from "hostile" to a default of neutral:

As a freedom isle player:

You cannot initiate combat with anyone in a kingdom (or another freedom isle player).

You cannot go unlawful.

Combat can be initiated against you, but no fighting experience is granted to your attacker (And their reputation drops sharply), if attacked you can defend yourself against any member of that kingdom (initiate combat) for a set amount of time (30 mins?)

Now comes the interesting part, players from the freedom isles can be contracted by kingdoms.

New Item : Mercenary Contract

Crafted from : Paper, reed pen (ink).

Use:

When used in the inventory the length and payment of the contract can be entered (X silver for Y days), the maximum length being a week.

When used on another player it offers them a contract (only works on freedom isle players), if they accept they become a member of the offering kingdom for the duration of the contract with all bonuses and penalties attached, if one does not have the silver listed on the contract in the bank then trying to use it gives the message "you cannot afford to make this offer".

Once the contract runs out the freedomer reverts to the freedom faction.

They are paid at the END of their contract (goes straight into their bank).

Optional extra : Contracts have clauses including : "Stay on Chaos" (if character leaves chaos contract ends, no payment), "X Hours of Play" (if player is not online for a certain amount of time payment is the percentage of that time they did spend online) and "X Kills" (only counts if one makes kills against opposing kingdom members, if quota is not met only a percentage based on completed amount is paid).  These are tick boxes and are mentioned before a player accepts a contract.

My first thought on this is that they could be used to scout out enemy deeds...

• Like 5

People would abuse the out of this -1

no no no no no no no no

• Like 3

-1 breaks lots of mechanics in pvp that will make it MUCH easier to pvp as freedom, making it completely unbalanced.

-1 cant explain the face palm in this....

I wouldn't pay for any freedomer, or anyone really.. to fight for me.

Bad ideas all around.

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 1

Even when abuse is put aside i can see any reason for this. I'm sorry maybe didn't understand you well but it seems like very stupid idea from my point of view. -1 ofc

My first thought on this is that they could be used to scout out enemy deeds...

this

We have a deed specific for freedoms to be able to have a safe place. It is also used as a recruiting hub for those interested in joining our kingdom.

Hrm like the idea of formalizing a mercenary system that works with the current enemy/ally system, especially one that makes use of crafted paper 'n ink.

For one thing you may not trust that person enough to let them into your pmk; however, you have no issues with letting them fight with you in a limited ally capacity. They may not wish leave their own kingdom (which may or may not even be involved); however, the char may be perfectly willing to fight on your behalf, especially for coin.

However, as already noted, great care should be exercised in avoiding setups that may allow for un-attackable spies and scouts.

Still I believe the idea has merit as far as "hiring" someone from an unrelated third faction to fight in a war between two factions. Sure it can be performed currently in an unofficial capacity; however, something tied into the permissions would be nice.

Especially as the number of factions grow as more pmks become established.

Edited by Klaa