Sign in to follow this  
Roysta

Travelling by air (fly)

Implement proper deed border blocks on PvE (similar to Second Life)

Yes, this would be the best solution (in place of KoS) to prevent others from entering deeds but that is another topic.

=Ayes=

Flying is for the Gods. No flying, no way, no how. Get a horse. Or a boat. And get off my lawn.

There have been lots of improvements to Wurm since inception and many have been as a result of suggestions from the player-base.

I respect the idea that is being put forward here but I feel that flying would not be appropriate for the 'core' Wurm idea and suggest that it would therefore have an overall negative impact on the game.

Coal for fuel source - keep it hard to obtain.

New steam powered boats for good speed in bad wind and low boost in good wind.

Hot air balloons to raise altitude and float in the direction wind is blowing +/- 180 degrees.

Adding something like ...In-Game maps would ruin this game for me personally.

*Sniggers* - you should probably avoid clicking the "map" button.

Hot air balloons to raise altitude and float in the direction wind is blowing +/- 180 degrees.

+/- 180 degrees is 360 degrees .... *Sniggers*

Just saying.

Edit: Oh and on topic +1 to jumping if it is an easy implementation with warning for people to replace low stone and wood fences.  Flying is sso far beyond scope right now I think we have more critical matters that require attention.

Edited by Nyack

-1 to jumping in the case of people needing to replace walls with tall walls.

People have worked hard on their deeds, with specific designs in mind. Don't for them to change it anymore.

No no no no no no no no no no no no.....

Please no!

This is Wurm, not Second Life....

Dragons can fly now, there are full animations of flying and fly fighting. But only up to sea  y can see flying dragon, if they are on land then walking, so its useless. Game engine is big stop for flying. Dominate dragon is almost unpossible in pve, so will be nice bonus for someone to get freedom fly over the island. y cannot use them for stealing, champ troll hold only several hours green. On dragon will be probably only time to one fly. I get +1 for it.

Edited by ftoz

People used to be able to dominate red dragons with the crown of mag and ride them. "Flying" was being able to climb any slope with them. Edit: on second thought no -1 to any forms of flying. Unless people want them on pve.

Edited by Twinsen

There should be nice, to jump and fly, but only as high skill lvl. Can imagine jumping over low fences with high jumping level, so it will help stealing. Also flying as not common event. Specially dragons as a game bonus. Dont understand -1 for getting into close areas. Insanity port also can go to your home and port back, but probability is almost same as dragon dominate.