Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Crate Transfer - A better load/unload and storage solution

I have posted this idea in a few topics but i guess i will put it up as its own suggestion. 

I am suggesting that we be allowed to drag and drop crates to and from a cart/wagon to a boat and it triggers the load timer but transfers the crate over instead of making us unload only to have to load them again.

Just think of it no more unload-disembark-embark (hope you put them in the right spot) then load them up. With the crate transfer you could just open your boats inventory drag and drop your crates and wait for the load timers to transfer them over then go back and get more. 

It is already in the game that you can drag and drop the crate but you get this error.. [07:19:25] You can only drop the large crate.

I think this would take very little work to implement since most of this idea we can already do but it is blocked with the above message.  I can't see anything game breaking about it and It would also open up the possibility to implement a new storage container that we can use to hold crates in a more organised manner using this same crate transfer suggestion to load them into that storage container. 

Edit: While they are working on permissions maybe the boat, wagon and cart can have a new load/unload setting added in that makes it easy to allow someone to load/unload making the idea work even better. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 19

+1. Anything to make container transfer less hair-pullingly tedious in general is great.

+1

This might also solve some of the boat loading problems people are having with the larger ships.

• Like 1

I am glad to see that others think this is a good idea too. This will make crates really shine and not be so much of a chore to load and unload. Crates are still loads better then the old rafts but why stop there we need more improvements and this is a good one..imo 

• Like 1

And let it queue up every crate selected, bypassing the ML limit. Just like you can drag and drop 100 lumps at a time

Edited by Wurmhole

And let it queue up every crate selected, bypassing the ML limit. Just like you can drag and drop 100 lumps at a time

Well even with the queue to your skill level it would be loads better than what we have to do now. 

+1 but I'd prefer dragging without the 10 second timer.  Also allow us to take and drop empty crates like empty bsb/fsbs please?

• Like 3

+1, I'd love to be able to just drag these crates from one inventory to another (like cart to boat). Keeping the timer sounds fine.

Also allow us to take and drop empty crates like empty bsb/fsbs please?

+1, empty crates are such a pain to manage

Edited by Ecrir
  • Like 1

+1. Anything to make container transfer less hair-pullingly tedious in general is great.

+1 Agreed!

Would be quite convenient while not taking away from gameplay and immersion.

• Like 1

+1, container transfer is way more tedious than it should be in a game.