Sign in to follow this  
nekoexmachina

Make "Load Cargo" area bigger for ships (at least..)

Got some help from Asdf on Indy, confirmed there might be issues with the higher boats; Cog, Corbita and Caravel in targeting crates that are close enough and the ones that are targetable are not close enough to Load.

I don't have any access to smaller ships like Knarr, for problems with those please contact guy who was writing things about knarrs on prev page.

For the Corbita, however, problem is exacty like you're telling here. What I was doing was dragging the Corbita to some point, sitting there as captain, and endless disembark/target/embark/load/disembark/etc.

However, I +1 that the solution in next thread pointed by Kegan is much, much better than just increasing the area.

Got some help from Asdf on Indy, confirmed there might be issues with the higher boats; Cog, Corbita and Caravel in targeting crates that are close enough and the ones that are targetable are not close enough to Load.

I have also noticed issues with the knarr since the new boat skins. Knarrs are a lot harder to load objects. Often times the items have to be practically in the knarr I've found.

Edited by Lotus1

Hi, 

I need some more information here. Which exact message are you getting when you try to load your crates in frustration?

I tested this (test server) and was able to load crates from approximately 4 tiles which I thought was enough (cog, caravel) so I would like some more detailed information on when this issue occurs.

/Andreas

Zcul, on a knarr, there are 2 seats/ribs from the stern where the commander sits. Pretty much, between the 1st seat/rib and the 3rd is about the only place you can load into a knarr from. I have dug a 7 deep submerged dock so I can pile everything into one large lump and just move the boat over it until the pile is in my lap. Then I start loading. From outside to unload, you are ok standing in the tile right next to it, but still only from the same general area in the back of the boat. 

The larger ships, I made a 17 dirt tall ramp right next to 25 dirt deep water but that has inherent problems of its own. With no such thing as full, half, quarter so on sail and no sea anchors (basically a long board with ropes you pull behind a ship to create drag to slow the drift), if the wind is not just right, stopping on that 1 single tile of space at the right distance from the dock is hard. 

If the ships are empty, you can drag them into place. If they are full, however, you can't do anything with them.  You can push them but being able to see what you are doing is difficult. 

+1 to something so badly needed.

Problem with the knarr is the crate has to be practically on top of you to load it, which causes absolute nightmares if a crate drops into the water deep enough so you can't see it while you are commanding the knarr

Edited by Arronicus
  • Like 1

Ok I found a bug for unloading crate range check. It forced you to be very near the boat. I have also added loading ranges per boat type which should allow you to sit in the boat and load from at least a couple of tiles away. Have not tried from all seat positions yet - I discovered it is impossible to specify which seat to sit in :-/

• Like 5

Ok I found a bug for unloading crate range check. It forced you to be very near the boat. I have also added loading ranges per boat type which should allow you to sit in the boat and load from at least a couple of tiles away. Have not tried from all seat positions yet - I discovered it is impossible to specify which seat to sit in :-/

If this includes the knarr, we might have to erect statues in your honor. Or at least a bench.

If this includes the knarr, we might have to erect statues in your honor. Or at least a bench.

Well, there still might be issues from various seats, I haven't tested all seats in all large boats, I guess we'll have to tweak it more based on feedback after this goes live.

• Like 1

I discovered it is impossible to specify which seat to sit in :-/

Is this going to be changed?

Kinda getting tired of logging in alts to fill the arbitrary sequentially assigned seats so I can load my boat.

Is this going to be changed?

Kinda getting tired of logging in alts to fill the arbitrary sequentially assigned seats so I can load my boat.

Which boat type and what seats are trouble for loading crates?

Oh thank you. Its been a real pain with any of the large boats but knar is the easiest of the bunch. I gave up on trying to put crates in the corbitas. +1

Edited by PureEvil18