Sign in to follow this  
nekoexmachina

Make "Load Cargo" area bigger for ships (at least..)

Its a pain to load a bunch of crates into ship. I have to be literally standing on top of my crates to load them.

Imho this should be fixed. At least I should see the crates which I'm loading. Please enlarge area from which I could load to some more tiles around the ships. Thanks!

• Like 3

+1 (and their inventory distance too)

Edited by Xallo

+1

I had crates right beside my knarr where I can normally load from before the new boat skins came out. Now the crates literally have to be hugging my char is seems for it to even be possible to load.

I'd swear it's easier to load a broken hard drive. :P

• Like 2

Or make it so you can load directly out of/into wagons and carts. I would assume there is some sort of unseen hoist being used since a crate of shards being loaded from the ground weighs about 6 metric tons.

I'm not saying be able to drag them like you can rafts but simply open the wagon/cart while standing in the ship and load. The same way in reverse. Open the ship while standing in the cart/wagon and load.

• Like 1

I've spent last 4 hours making the crates. About 2.5 hours to make them, then about 1hr dragging the ship into position from which I could load them. Then 30 minutes of disembark/select/load/disembark. Ridiculous is not a good word for that. :P

I've spent last 4 hours making the crates. About 2.5 hours to make them, then about 1hr dragging the ship into position from which I could load them. Then 30 minutes of disembark/select/load/disembark. Ridiculous is not a good word for that. :P

What I have done is made a 10 tile long, 2 tile wide flat area that is 7 dirts deep. If you look at the back of your knarr, count 2 seats in. Position your body while in your wagon over the 3rd one in and unload. When you embark as the commander, all crates are easy reach.

+1  

What's the problem with setting load range to 3 or 4 tiles? I know you can interact with a vehicle at these ranges. I'm pretty sure the only reason for this is a Dev opinion, not a technical limitation.

• Like 1

I thought they had done a bit of a fix for boat loading?  There are about 6 threads on this topic alone. PLEASEEEEE Fix this.

I have what i think is a very good solution to this but i do not know why they don't go with it.  It will allow you to drag and drop the crate from a cart/wagon to the boat already but it gives an error message so they should just allow it to be done and use the same load timer but transfer the crate straight into the boat.  

Now they should also extend the load for the normal way too so if you are not using a cart/wagon then you can still have that better reach.

I will keep posting my idea across the forums when i see this topic maybe one day they will see that the cart to boat transfer is a good thing and how helpful it would be to everyone. (it also opens up the possibility for a new storage container for crate storage using the same transfer idea)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

+1 to simply allowing drag/drop from a cart's inventory to a boat, and of course the other way around.

+1

*Crate visually sitting inside of boat*

"Too far to load"

Please help keep this up top till the Devs take notice and fix it. Thank You.

• Like 1

+1 here as well. Any thread about it is welcome by me ...

Hi, 

I need some more information here. Which exact message are you getting when you try to load your crates in frustration?

I tested this (test server) and was able to load crates from approximately 4 tiles which I thought was enough (cog, caravel) so I would like some more detailed information on when this issue occurs.

/Andreas

Got some help from Asdf on Indy, confirmed there might be issues with the higher boats; Cog, Corbita and Caravel in targeting crates that are close enough and the ones that are targetable are not close enough to Load.

Got some help from Asdf on Indy, confirmed there might be issues with the higher boats; Cog, Corbita and Caravel in targeting crates that are close enough and the ones that are targetable are not close enough to Load.

I have another suggestion that would help with loading ships and maybe later even storage for crates..

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/126152-crate-transfer-a-better-loadunload-and-storage-solution/

Edited by Kegan