Currently we can rummage, forage and botanise.

It would be a nice touch if we could also beachcomb, essentially only usable on sand that is also a water tile.  Linked to the forage skill.  It would allow newer players some non-destructive access to logs and the like.

Finds :

Driftwood (a 4 weight low QL log) (Common) (30/100)

Mussels (lightweight meat) (Common) (30/100)

Kelp (Common) (299/1000)

Seashells (possibly of use in jeweling, otherwise just something that always has a high QL to sell at a token?) (Uncommon) (1/20)

Bladderwrack (A new healing cover ingredient, weighs 0.3, str 3) (Uncommon) (1/20)

Bottle with a random note in it (bottle is lightweight jar alternative, weighs only 0.05) (Rare) (1/1000)

Rare Roll : Sea Chest (Random low QL small chest with some coins in it (instead of one 5 copper coin it gives 5 1 copper coins etc)) (Normal rare roll rates)

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 16

Ah yes, message in a bottle with a treasure map of course. Some bones. A tooth. A mermaid. Ah there we go. +1

This is brilliant. I can also see being able use beachcomb on any sand tile up to x amount of dirts above water level; although Wurm strangely has no tide. If there were a tide, many waterside residences would never have been build so closely to the sea. +1

+1. Neat little things like this make playing Wurm a more rich experience.

+1

I like the idea, it basically similar to forage

Always for more interactivity and variety, especially the beaches and oceans. Granted we have sea life now, aside from the U-bears. Still there needs to be more.

Only thing more barren is the underground map.

+1 but at least on Indy there isn't much sand except the stuff lining the roads. There isn't any near Howl. Sand patch are far more inland. I'm all for variety. Why can players find logs though forage. No huge ones but enough to make a tool or something? That is what you find on the forest floor.

Ah yes, message in a bottle with a treasure map of course. Some bones. A tooth. A mermaid. Ah there we go. +1

Mermaid - sure - sure - shes so cute and tiny You'd need to beachcomb  :D

I would love to finally harvest some kelp! Or dig it out of the sand... It's been just out of my reach for years!