Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Repair in Creation Window, Breeding changes on PvP

Added possibility to repair tools directly in crafting window.

Tripled the ondeed creature ratio on pvp servers.

Foals now age a lot faster on pvp servers.

Reduced the breed wait timers on pvp servers.

The Rod of Eruption has been replaced with a Tome of Incineration since use of the rod was considered undesirable.

Fixed some issues with loading things onto boats.

Fixed an issue with grass height and flower data.

• Like 14

Cool that we can repair in the creation window directly now! But please also add the option to not just right click -> repair but also use the shortcut for repair in the window =)

• Like 2

Rare glow for large carts ever coming back?

[10:08:54] Orange red golden flames endorse the covers of this tome. It has one charge left.

0GxoYld.png

For anyone curious.  

• Like 1

[10:08:54] Orange red golden flames endorse the covers of this tome. It has one charge left.

0GxoYld.png

For anyone curious.  

go burn down the forests! :P

Well at least the forest would grow back eventually.

I love that they are seeing what the players are wanting now and trying their best to make it happen.. now to go see how this load is working out.   :)

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 2

• Fixed some issues with loading things onto boats.

I am not real sure what this one was about and sorry about the double post...

It seems the load reach is a little better maybe but i am not seeing much of a difference on them to be honest...on the knarr and caravel anyway.  What is the reasoning for not just letting us load/unload from 3-4 tiles away from the captain's spot? I cant think that is matters any and why not let us drag and drop  from cart/wagon to boat as long as there is a load timer i don't see that being an issue either since an new players would still be restricted on them either way.  

Anyway it does seem a little better but not much if the reach was what this was about. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

How was the rod undesirable?  On old ele it created pvp when people were looking for boulders many times

Maybe because now people can farm boulders beside their deeds.

Rods were such a lose-lose I can't honestly believe that anyone would still want them in the game.  Lol.

postes didnt want it complained to rolf he didnt want it and now got a unique tome

i dont see the problem

• Like 1

Sure they made volcanos, but we had no issues until jk used bugged wands to grief and mr used one in retaliation, those were what really messed up the land. Boulder spawns in hota was a pretty good pvp incentive, encouraged a lot more roaming around the steppe and pvp than hota did

The funny thing is with the map being so much larger, the scale of terraforming becomes so much smaller

• Like 1

jk used bugged wands to grief and mr used one in retaliation

bl used it on sme's colossuses 

then mr used it on pompeii where judi made a colossus, who wasnt bl

uh, no mr used it first in that spot after spending ages trying to find where it can work, chev got a rod from some noob that won sometime later and used it on the colossus', but those are rods, not wands

I just don't see why all this time and wands weren't and still aren't removed when they added absolutely nothing to the game, but rods are removed now.  Do we get to trade in our unused wand for a tome?  Does anyone that won a rod in the past get a tome now or do they just lose out?

Does anyone that won a rod in the past get a tome now or do they just lose out?

I'm personally hoping for the former.

my point is its funny to say like etc etc used to grief like it was jk's fault when you guys purposefully dropped yours on someone's work.  took us ages to find where it worked.... right here on someone else's colossus seems good this isnt griefing tho

we choose not to use ours maliciously anymore, we have had these since old elevation, if others choose to use theirs with whatever intent thats their choice.  but even we (jk) lose out on this deal ourselves

Edited by Postes

Rod of Eruption.....*snicker* Just what is going on over there in PvP land? Seriously, though, it is kind of tough judging where to position stuff so it can be loaded on boats.

• Like 2

I can understand increased breeding on Epic, but if all PvP servers are getting a boost, why not PvE too?

I can understand increased breeding on Epic, but if all PvP servers are getting a boost, why not PvE too?

Offhand probably due to mounts being targeted first in pvp, thus they tend to die first. Especially horses that cant take much in the way of hits unarmored.

While mounts can still be targeted in pve, its not nearly as often as human players decide to go after the main advantage that also happens to have a fatal weakness.

Pve, on the otherhand, is still under a breeding issue that has existed even before breeding was possible: overpopulation from player farms in general, let alone the abandoned ones (yay beta-era chicken farms).

EDIT: On the third hand, it could be argued having horses mature faster would let people discard less desirable horses faster.

Edited by Klaa

I can see that increasing pvp since it'll now be easier to breed mounts.

• Like 1

so u mean now i dont need to feel bad when i get a 5 speed killed?

Sign in to follow this