Sign in to follow this  
Ohana

Horses(Animals) Escaping from Fences

Have a couple reports of Horses escaping from iron fences.

Please include your server, deed name and the type of fence and slope of fence.

Three things every bug report should include:

# What happened

# What you expected to happen

# Steps to reproduce

Additional notes:

# If we cannot reproduce a bug it will take a LOT longer to fix

# Too much info is better then too little info

# All bug reports get read and checked out. We're not ignoring any bug report. Some things just take a lot of time to fix, are of lower priority, or depend on the time of volunteer staff.

# Don't be afraid to bump old reports if they are still valid

I have a 8x5 Iron fence with a locked gate on a slope of 8. Recently my horses started being able to just walk through the fence as if it is not there. I'm on Xanadu server, Solace Landing deed.

a bison went right through a tall stone wall. the stone wall is facing a 20+ slope upwards. i am on deli... not going to unhitch him again. they run off as soon as you onhitch and it is a hassle to get out of the deed and catch it...

I am so glad saddled horses don't move anymore...

Seems so far on Indy my small wooden fences are holding bisons , cattle and horses in place still.

I have iron fences surounding my home with 2 gates, but while I was asleep all 4 of my horses left. They were in the fence at the time. I found one of them when I woke up, but then while I was doing something it left again. I got a new horses from our village stock and watched them this time. they passed through my fence like it wasn't even there.

As such I too am very glad saddles keep horses from roaming for I'll be making a whole bouch right now.

I have on perimeter of my deed (Wyzima on Exodus) wooden fence with two locked gates. Slopes on which fence is standing varies from 2 to max 11 and animals are able to cross them without any problem. We managed to retrieve 3 from 4 animals (now they are branded) which escaped so we hitched them to carts ;).

I have on perimeter of my deed (Wyzima on Exodus) wooden fence with two locked gates. Slopes on which fence is standing varies from 2 to max 11 and animals are able to cross them without any problem. We managed to retrieve 3 from 4 animals (now they are branded) which escaped so we hitched them to carts ;).

I had a very nice chat with Krwiosz and took a look at his pen and his animals.  I didn't see any obvious points of concern with the fencing and while I was there, the few animals that weren't hitched roamed the pen without making a break for it.

I suspect the issue may have been the animals were actually 'outside' the pen instead of inside when they were unhitched or stopped being led even though you see yourself inside the pen.  I've seen this myself where I see myself on one tile and my friends are asking me how I'm driving through the house walls.

I checked all the animals while I was there and they all reported to be on the tiles I saw them on at this time.  

Krwiosz was very good at branding and caring for his most precious animals so that we can keep an eye on them.

• Like 1

Sorry to say but problem didn't go away. My animals are still able to somehow cross the fence... I was super cautious about leading them excactly on the middle of the pen but this didn't help either :(

Sorry to say but problem didn't go away. My animals are still able to somehow cross the fence... I was super cautious about leading them excactly on the middle of the pen but this didn't help either :(

Thank you again to Krwiosz for allowing me to observe his animals.  I finally caught one in the act of escaping.

To help me better understand the situation for the rest of you, can you describe your pens? 

For example: 

a)  Flat tile - 20 slope UP - fence

b]  Flat tile - 20 slope DOWN - fence

c)  Flat tile - fence - 20 slope down

d)  Flat tile - fence - 20 slope up

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

18x25  wooden fence with 6 gates/with locks on Xan at Anderson HIlls (i8). Slopes ranging from flat to 29 slope. Multiple horses, bulls, pigs and bison outside of the fenced area when I logged on this evening. Had just finished the fencing last night. Had not had any issues with the previous flat holding area. Will start branding ASAP.

4X4 pasture quad, wooden fences, 2 locked exterior gates. Within half an hour bison from 2 different teams went through a few seconds after being unhitched from my cart 2-3 tiles parallel to the fence inside the locked pasture. One I did not observe; the second went through at a 90 degree angle to the fence where there was no gate.  A third bison also went through the south fence into another quad of fence pasture and stopped moving after coming to the next fence.

Server is Xanadu; deed is Eildon's Folly. Character name: Calliope.

The fence section I observed: slope is 2 down west to east. Tiles to either side are varied slopes; only one border is level.

20:15:40 (appx) It is 20:45:42 on day of Awakening in week 2 of the starfall of Diamonds in the year of 1050.

I have not had any issues with this previously, and I have 100+ animals split between 3 deeds.

20:47:24 Just happened again with a bison who was standing around in the same field and had never been hitched to a cart.  It looked like it got the "roam" random order and didn't read a fence there or something... walked right through the same fence section and strolled away.

Edited by Hel

4x6 wooden fence, lost a dog and 2 horses, corral was on deed. On Pristine.

Edited by Firizy

Enclosed area, consisting of Tall Walls, and a gatehouse, when I unhitched two Bison from the ship transporter, one ran off uphill, and appeared to 'jump' the tall wall.

The other bison walked along the other tall walled section which borders the lake, and left through the other tall wall section there.

This follows an incident where a horse was found wandering outside my walls, which I had previously put down to absent mindedness in leading it out somehow.

Serenity server.

Can be reproduced by releasing any animal which roams naturally, in any area enclosed by walls or fences.

5x6 undeeded land with wooden fence, structure and hedges acting as "fences" on Deliverance server.

Not sure how exactly you want it described so I just took a pic and did a quick photoshop jpeg.  There is two spots I witness them go through (A and b and b has the hoofs in it still) ;p

http://i.imgur.com/8VMeGbX.jpg

These are not the only places they can get through it seems the entire enclosure doesn't stop them...but whats odd is that 3 adolesence horses will stay inside the pen and have yet to run out and only a aged horse and bull that I often use to pull my carts around will walk through walls.

Also, what is more odd is that I have 4 separate 1x3 pens and none of those animals will escape.  The pens are made of a mixture of stone fence, iron fence gate, iron fence, low stone wall and all pens have one tile stable structure.

Pen1= 4 pigs and 1 rooster

Pen2= 4 pigs

Pen3= 2 bulls and 1 rooster

Pen4= 4 pigs

EDIT:  I did a test and put the horse and bull that can walk through walls and put them in the separate 1x3 pens and the horse and bull walked through multiple fences and even the stable structure walls.  I also tried to lead the horse into the corner of a structure to see if it gets stuck on the corner and stops leading and it will collide with the building and stops leading...so it seems that the horse and bull somehow has no collision with structures and fences.

Edited by Smokie

I wonder, are these new pens or old pens? I haven't lost any animals but my pens are quite old on Xanadu.

I'm on Xanadu, Wuthering Heights Moors deed.  I have 20 horses in one corral, 2 horses in another corral, some cattle and wild animals in other corrals.  All of the corrals are made out of wooden fences.  None of the animals have left or crossed the fence so far except 2 (which are kept in the corral with the other 18 horses).  They happen to be the 2 most used horses, because they're the best male horses (best females are pregnant, so unused for riding and pulling).  I lost my best horse yesterday.  I retraced my steps last night.  Couldn't figure out how I lost him.  While I was looking for the first horse, I discovered the second most used horse outside of his corral out on his own.  Got him, put him back in, then I found him outside again a little while later.  Then I checked all of the fences.  One gate was unlocked.  I thought maybe that's how they escaped.  So I locked the gate and checked to make sure the other gates were locked, too. Today I went out for the day, brought him back, put him carefully in.  Went to tend one of the other horses.  When I was done with that, he was out again.  I couldn't have accidentally led him out, because I was still in the corral myself.  So I thought maybe there's something wrong with the horse corral, so I put him in with the cattle.  Within a minute or two, while I was just standing there, he reappeared in another cattle corral I have on my property.  Then a minute later, he appeared outside of that corral out in the open.  I didn't see him walk out.  Maybe I just missed it, but he seemed to simply morph from one spot to another.  None of the other horses have done that.  Just the ones most used.  Maybe hitching or saddling or maybe riding has something to do with it?  Or those are also my stud horses, so breeding maybe?     

Edited by Lovely_Rita

I should also mention that I unhitch and unsaddle them at night before I log off.  I wanted to clarify that they weren't hitched or saddled at the time of wandering off.  They are the only ones that have a combination of being both bred and hitched/saddled/ridden.  The other horses I breed are not used or the ones that are used are not bred.  Also, when I found the best horse missing, the second best horse was discovered in the cattle corral.  I thought at the time I must have left him there for some reason and forgotten about it.  

This is definitely a bug in the program.  I mean I was just standing in one spot doing nothing, and saw my horse move from one corral to another and then to the outside of all of the corrals within a couple of minutes.  I'm really disappointed about losing my best stud horse, Mackclip (in case you have a record of him).  I think Wurm should replace him for me.  And if I lose my other one, him, too.  He's saddled right now, so crossing my fingers I don't lose him.

Xanadu- Critters Den

Iron Fenced area connected to a building.  Building is 6x8 Fenced area is 12 x18.  Pen is mostly flat except for a 4x4 area with a slope of 15.

Wierd thing is I only have one horse escaping the rest are staying in the pen.  Venerable cared for escaped yesterday and found in a building.  Logged in today and he had reescaped.  Wasnt able to locate him. 

Edited by squirrels

Ok hada total of 3 escape 2 recovered.  1 was outside of the fence.  2 I recovered that was in buildings that are locked and no way another villager to get in.  1 recovered escaped again and haven't found him yet.  All are venerable males 1 is cared for. Have other horses in same pen and none have escaped.

My seals are gone from a pond with tall iron fences.

EDIT: The cows, bulls, and bison are all gone too. 

Edited by Audrel

hmm... 3 days now and no word on a fix... Just found a horse of one of my villagers right out side the gate, glad i was able to grab him before it got away

Is any programming work EVER checked? I remember one time after an update, not a single Mac user could log in. Just a moment's check would have shown this problem. How is it ok for animals to just walk out of fences??