Sign in to follow this  
Proximo

Rideable Bison

+1

Just keep the horse the faster of the 2 mounts.

+10000, everytime I go on a bison killing spree I lament that they are not rideable. If you can ride crocodiles, scorpions and dragons - you should be able to ride bison.

Riding tanks would be good compared to horses who go down in 2 hits.

Yes, Bison should be another available newbie mount. Just let them plod along slowly, maybe just a little faster than cows. The newbies wouldn't look quite so ridiculous riding around then. Please, let them at least preserve a shred of dignity!

=Ayes=

• Like 4

I don't see a problem with this, as long as they're a bit slower than horses and can't be outfitted with horse equipment.

• Like 1

We are able to ride dominated bears and crocos, so why not a bison? I dont know what should be the problem with this. ;)

• Like 1

Last thing I need is a horn stuck in me -1

[20:30:19] Windrune gets stabbed in stomach by horn

HPvfnOuz1tOgg.gif

Edited by Gawain

+1 as long as they can go at a moderate speed say 25km with 5 speed traits to make them viable for pvp but lack the speed of a horse/hellhorse ect.

I specifically searched "Bison" to see if a thread on this was already created.

I too got to thinking that we were able to hitch Bison to Wagons and Carts but unable to ride the beasts, and why not?

I don't agree with the idea of them being another F2P mount and feel that they should be more difficult to ride than the bull but less than a Unicorn. Perhaps with a Body Control requirement of 24 or 25?

And not use the standard saddle, but the large saddle. According the wiki the only use for that item is the Red Dragon anymore, if that's even still a thing. Bison are much larger around than a horse or bull and it would make sense for them to require a Larger Saddle than a horse.

Equipping them with armor shouldn't be allowed though, their thick fur/hide prevents it, but I don't see why they couldn't wear shoes and a bridle like a horse does.

Give them a slightly slower speed than a horse but with a higher resistance to speed reduction on a slope naturally. Faster than a cow/bull too.

Bison are great for Wagon, or so I hear. But outside of hitching there is no reason to ever keep Bison and they're terrible to feed. Hungry beasts who will pick your farm clean and even destroy a large pen of grassland if penned with enough of them.

Give them more use than just beasts of burden and I think there'd be a lot more Bison love out there.

• Like 4

Never tried, assumed you could.
I think bison have stronger backs than cows, they're certainly faster.
wogic is weird.

+1

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 2

Give then a chance to boot you off of them unless you have gear AND animal taming skill. Makem frustrating to maintain to ride on their own but still loosely beneficial. It would balance horses rather than replace them which seems to be a concern. I strongly agree with zera in regards to the large saddle. I forgot that was an item already.

bump.

I would trade my whole kingdom for this!  PLEEEAAASEEEEEEeeeeeeeee :)

• Like 1