Sign in to follow this  
Proximo

Rideable Bison

Well we play a game where you can already ride a cow.  How awesome would it be if we could ride bison? 

Anyone else breeding speed bison who have the dream of riding around on one of these majestic beasts?

• Like 4

When was the last time you rode a cow or a crocodile anywhere? 
Seems like a waste of time to me unless something is done that makes everything other than horses/hell horses useful.

If we can ride bulls and crocodiles why not bison?

+1

423043690_d3a8d562b1_z.jpg

• Like 3

Stop it with all this nonsense suggestions.

No, bisons are not domestic animals or pets. They belong to the Group wild-life.

Stop it with all this nonsense suggestions.

No, bisons are not domestic animals or pets. They belong to the Group wild-life.

Unlike crocodiles and dragons...

• Like 2

Seems like a waste of time to me unless something is done that makes everything other than horses/hell horses useful.

When is the last time you rode a fire breathing HELL HORSE somewhere??

We play a game where people can ride things that don't even freaking exist!  So yes, in a game where Unicorns and Hell Horses and Cows are mounts, I'm asking for bison mounts.

What's wrong with that?

Of course, why not... more believable then a croc I would say. Horses were once 'just wild things' too, for the naysayers (apart from it's a game, with plenty not-real in it anyway...). :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Actually Bison would be more useful considering they are harder to kill than horses it would almost be like riding a tank hunting or into battle and MUCH more believable than riding a fire breathing horse, plus they do not attack you while riding or leading them.

• Like 1

Actually Bison would be more useful considering they are harder to kill than horses it would almost be like riding a tank hunting or into battle and MUCH more believable than riding a fire breathing horse, plus they do not attack you while riding or leading them.

It would solve a lot of animal "hoarding" / deed ratio problems too.  You wouldn't need bison for wagons and horses for hunting, you could just use bison for everything.

I'm not really hearing a lot of solid reasons why we can ride all the crazy things we can now, but not bison...

I like the idea of riding bison but considering in game they run from players they would have to be tamed. As far as balance goes they would have to be rather slow for 2 reasons: 1) they are very tough so would be far too strong in pvp if they could go fast, 2) they are sooooooooooooooooooo common having horses as a creature that take some time to find is nice.

I would much rather be able to lead bison into the water like horses so I can bring some bison to the island I live on.

EDIT: My island has no bison on it. No spawns. This is why the above is more of a desirable feature at least for me.

Edited by Neville

I would much rather be able to lead bison into the water like horses so I can bring some bison to the island I live on.

EDIT: My island has no bison on it. No spawns. This is why the above is more of a desirable feature at least for me.

Sounds like someone needs to make a bridge

When is the last time you rode a fire breathing HELL HORSE somewhere??

Betty, it was a couple weeks ago.  ;)

I like the idea of riding bison but considering in game they run from players they would have to be tamed. As far as balance goes they would have to be rather slow for 2 reasons: 1) they are very tough so would be far too strong in pvp if they could go fast, 2) they are sooooooooooooooooooo common having horses as a creature that take some time to find is nice.

No no no.  Not going to have another suggestion ruined "because PVP".  PVP servers can just work different.  Or, perish the thought, PVP will just have to adjust with having bison rideable.

Why is it you people speak about PVP as if it must be static, never changing, and nobody can ever deal or adapt with anything new? 

I guess that's why you play Wurm "pvp" and not games with real PVP, but that's for another matter.

And rather slow?  That would be a HUGE nerf to animal husbandry!  Do you realize how hard it is to breed Bison with good speed traits??

• Like 1

Sounds like someone needs to make a bridge

True. In my case, it will take several land pillars in the lake and multiple bridges. If I'm going to go through that amount of trouble, I may as well get the alliance involved in connecting all the shorelines and islands together in a bridge/road network.

If you can ride a croc then how is riding a Buffalo a stretch? It's not like they act like real life Buffaloes. More like cows. +1

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

Please allow trolls to be ridden after domination spell.