Sign in to follow this  
Bachus

Iron Grate Opening

I would like to suggest a new type of opening an Iron Grate opening.  It would take 10 bricks, 10 mortar, 2 iron hinges, and one iron fence bar.  It would function like the ladder openings we have now for hauling up a cart  or accessing the other floor but not have a ladder for climbing up and it would block someone from falling through the floor.  

It would be good for those places you want to access the other floor but do not want a ladder blocking view or it could be used like a skylight in flat floor roofs.  Basically it would be an iron fence in the floor. 

I thought of this when building my new temple and when I had an opening holding a spot in the floor to allow me to build the level above it I could pray at the altar on the first floor but after I removed the opening it said the floor was in the way even though there was no longer a floor there.  I believe many people would find this useful as many have constructed warehouses with the bsb's on the second floor with openings for access but the row of ladders make them look a bit silly and if you want one in the middle of the room it can be downright ugly to have a ladder sticking up in the middle of the room.

68e99a6e876f81a268aa12d1c9fdbb35.jpg

• Like 3

Very nice. I like all these new aesthetic options. More diversity in buildings is always a plus.

+1

• Like 1