Sign in to follow this  
Ohana

Passengers ejected from carts.

Please report instance of your passengers rudely being ejected from you cart here.

Three things every bug report should include:

# What happened

# What you expected to happen

# Steps to reproduce

Additional notes:

# If we cannot reproduce a bug it will take a LOT longer to fix

# Too much info is better then too little info

# All bug reports get read and checked out. We're not ignoring any bugreport. Some things just take a lot of time to fix, are of lower priority, or depend on the time of volunteer staff.

# Don't be afraid to bump old reports if they are still valid

• Like 2

Today, Protunia was driving and Darquan was the only passenger.  I drove around the outside of my building corner and Darquan got scraped off, much like what happens when leading animals.

To reproduce... cut corners close.

Fun things to try:  invite your friends for a ride, then smack them with a building corner and leave them behind ;)  The PvP aspects could be entertaining.

I was going straight down the center of a 3 tile wide, 20 slope ramp and my passenger kept getting kicked from the cart.

Drivers get the boot too but not as often as passengers.

Happens at doors and gates (including mine doors) but sometime it just happens. You will look back and your buddy is running after you.

Edited by Audrel

Passengers get booted from the back of a supreme cart at almost every sharp turn in the winding road up the mountain side.

What I expected to happen:  Passengers NOT getting ejected from my cart.

Steps to reproduce:  Go to Camelot Meadows on Release with a sup cart and some WoA equipped five speeders, go up the edge of the mountain from the South gate side and ride like a maniac on the single tile road lined with rock walls both sides, and watch your passenger fall out at every turn.  Now go up the path again and go VERY slowly around the turns, and watch them only get ejected once or twice.

• Like 1

Passengers get booted from the back of a supreme cart at almost every sharp turn in the winding road up the mountain side.

What I expected to happen:  Passengers NOT getting ejected from my cart.

Steps to reproduce:  Go to Camelot Meadows on Release with a sup cart and some WoA equipped five speeders, go up the edge of the mountain from the South gate side and ride like a maniac on the single tile road lined with rock walls both sides, and watch your passenger fall out at every turn.  Now go up the path again and go VERY slowly around the turns, and watch them only get ejected once or twice.

I was one of these passengers...

Also get ejected in the middle of a two tile wide marble bridge going downhill on the back of a rare cart, and also when entering through portcullis gates (or sometimes normal double doors) while a passenger on the back of a cart.  Sometimes when there are floors above the doors, ejected to the second or third floor above the door.

I've had it happen many times in various ways over the past couple of months. Some cases are harder to reproduce than others but the basic way to try to reproduce it would, I guess, be to "do what I did".

1)

I've been a passenger of a friend's cart, with permission to embark on it, and was kicked multiple times. There were no objects nearby and we weren't going through any structures. It's happened on various terrain (grass, paved roads) and on different servers.

2)

Passengers, as well as the commander, become kicked off from the cart if you get too close to a cave wall when driving past it.

3)

When riding into arched wall openings the passenger is very often kicked out of the cart.

• Like 2

what Aeris says has long been an issue for me too.  Mainly in mines and sometimes I have to mine out the wall that I got too close to.

Headed downhill driving in the middle of the 2 lane highway ramp from Freedom Market to the liberty deeds, my passenger was eject and died in 4 seconds. He said all of a sudden he was flying in the air and then dropped to the pavement , His corpse was in the middle if the 2 lanes.

I have seen more players ejected from carts usually turning by a corner of fences the last 2 weeks than I have seen the last 2 years .

We may need a GM warning not to be a passenger in a large cart until the devs can fix the problem.

I had my alt as a passenger in a large and was on a flat road in glasshollow. Unfortunately I wasnt watching him and I heard the sound of dying, looked and he was dead.

A few days before he was ejected from the large on a hill and died.   Just annoyed because i had just got back all the skill I had lost.. Excuse me while I cry :(

Although we have had unexplained passenger deaths before and that is still open on the bug list, I've added an additional report for the recent instances.

In the meantime, please be cautious when traveling around buildings, fences, walls and slopes with passengers on board.  I was able to reproduce this by turning sharply around buildings on the test server with a passenger on a cart.  The ground was flat, so they just got 'ejected' and remained unharmed.  

When reporting new issues here, please describe the terrain where this happened.  Thank you!

Although we have had unexplained passenger deaths before and that is still open on the bug list, I've added an additional report for the recent instances.

In the meantime, please be cautious when traveling around buildings, fences, walls and slopes with passengers on board.  I was able to reproduce this by turning sharply around buildings on the test server with a passenger on a cart.  The ground was flat, so they just got 'ejected' and remained unharmed.  

When reporting new issues here, please describe the terrain where this happened.  Thank you!

The deaths are pure and simple positioning bug. The client doesn't update the server on where they are while going down hill. When they catch up, they catch up in X and Y axis but not Z. Even though they are standing on the ground, they just fell Z dirts but death has to do with fall time, not fall height. So if it took 10 seconds for the position to catch up, they just fell for 10 second. Gravity works, even in Wurm. They fell out of the cart and hit the ground at 980 m/s even falling 10cm.

The falling from the carts got significantly worse with the collision changes in the bridge patch. Our gummy butts can now bounce over walls but sitting in the cart with those same gummy butts touching a solid object seems to start the rubberbutting and tosses you out. That or sitting itself is the cause in that you are now half as close again to the ground in the Z axis and it therefore takes less position bug in the Z axis to toss you off.

Kept being kicked off for some reason, alot of fences in the area we were passing, not sure if that is ther eal cause tho

This bug is really killing me because I'm lazy and don't often look behind me, I lost all my alts in different spots they just keep popping off, sometimes at corners.

Adventure #1: Casual Cart Ride.

Was riding from my deed to another person's deed for sermon group, brought my Nacho priest and Vyn priest. The Nacho priest was driving while the Vyn priest passenger-ed. Vyn priest dropped off the cart every time we passed a fence/gate/wall.. within 2 tiles, could only manage to stay on the cart if there were no fences/gates or walls on either side for 2 tiles. Had no issue with hedges. Then as we started going up  the mountain to the deed I went into a mine, The Vyn priest disappeared from the cart but stayed embarked.. He stayed on top of the terrain, the mine had stone fences all around the entrance after a while the Vyn priest disembarked randomly on the outside on the top of the mountain.. Had to run him around a bit to try and find a way down from the mountain. The Nacho priest was afk driving through the mine, at some point I exited the mine and ran into a low stone wall, the cart and Nacho priest went through the wall but got stuck on it.. upon relog I was inside another deed that was locked up, so I rammed my face and cart back into the wall until i got stuck. Relogged and was back on the outside of the deed... Finally got them both to where they were going.

Adventure #2: Buisness Boat Trip.

Have a delivery to make on another server, as there's a gale from the north I wasn't particularly fond of taking a knarr being that my destination is north bound. To fit the full cargo I needed an alt to carry some stuff, sailing along the dock side of my deed there's a raised platform for loading caravels and cogs... My alt got knocked off the boat and stuck inside the ground and began to take damage as if repeatedly falling.. I managed to click embark passenger on my boat before dying but only barely. 18% health left after ~10 seconds of being stuck. I also had to pass through a canal on my way to make the delivery, there's a bridge that goes across the bridge is 1 tiles wide about 7 tiles long, as I passed under it my alt got booted off the boat and stuck on top of the bridge.

Adventure #1: Casual Cart Ride.

Was riding from my deed to another person's deed for sermon group, brought my Nacho priest and Vyn priest. The Nacho priest was driving while the Vyn priest passenger-ed. Vyn priest dropped off the cart every time we passed a fence/gate/wall.. within 2 tiles, could only manage to stay on the cart if there were no fences/gates or walls on either side for 2 tiles. Had no issue with hedges. Then as we started going up  the mountain to the deed I went into a mine, The Vyn priest disappeared from the cart but stayed embarked.. He stayed on top of the terrain, the mine had stone fences all around the entrance after a while the Vyn priest disembarked randomly on the outside on the top of the mountain.. Had to run him around a bit to try and find a way down from the mountain. The Nacho priest was afk driving through the mine, at some point I exited the mine and ran into a low stone wall, the cart and Nacho priest went through the wall but got stuck on it.. upon relog I was inside another deed that was locked up, so I rammed my face and cart back into the wall until i got stuck. Relogged and was back on the outside of the deed... Finally got them both to where they were going.

Adventure #2: Buisness Boat Trip.

Have a delivery to make on another server, as there's a gale from the north I wasn't particularly fond of taking a knarr being that my destination is north bound. To fit the full cargo I needed an alt to carry some stuff, sailing along the dock side of my deed there's a raised platform for loading caravels and cogs... My alt got knocked off the boat and stuck inside the ground and began to take damage as if repeatedly falling.. I managed to click embark passenger on my boat before dying but only barely. 18% health left after ~10 seconds of being stuck. I also had to pass through a canal on my way to make the delivery, there's a bridge that goes across the bridge is 1 tiles wide about 7 tiles long, as I passed under it my alt got booted off the boat and stuck on top of the bridge.

Excellent descriptions of who what and where.  Thank you for the details.

Lheto my alt was the only passanger in a rare large cart 2 ven horses with woa gear. it happened many times during a road trip usually around a transition like a hill or when passing objects/structures with collision (fences, houses, hedges). it caused injuries from being ejected. last one that killed him was at sebelis deed on release after following the 1 tile road around his pole fence. not sure if we should speculate but i think it has to do with position checking, after a longer road trip i notice my alt and main don't show the same positions. maybe the client thinks the toon are a little further out from the cart and hits collidables?

Edited by Siathes

Just regular driving... along stone slabbed 20steep slopes with low iron fences on the sides at a deed me and the passengers were part of.

The characters were ejected and sometimes even took damage. (the fences were not touched)

It occured repeatedly. ended up having to move the characters manually past that point.

Edited by Zekezor

I don't know if this might be part of what's going on, but I can repair walls (and examine them) while being further then one tile away from them (edit: low stone walls). Also I am bumping into a 'wall' when I try to pass a corner where there are walls on both sides of the tile I am walking (corner left, ongoing wall right) and where I need to have climbing on for a bit. This is all on foot, no cart involved. So maybe walls are stretching out a tile too far (not visibly but as to mechanics)? Would explain why people are being thrown off while near but not onto fences/walls?

Edited by Kianga

Heading down a steep slope as a passenger on a cart, I got kicked off, fell though the world and ended up at the bottom of the slope with a bad wound.

I have also managed to fall though a balcony since the recent collision change and have had a friend get kicked off my knarr when moving the prow though land.

Drove around a stone brick building corner on my flat deed, on a large cart with two passengers. My guest was ejected with a bruise. My alt died instantly, no warning/ damage messages of any kind.

Did not expect passengers to be ejected and did not expect one to die as a result. I'll be using much caution while touring people around the deed in the future.  This is a corner where I tend to lose lead with horses that get stuck inside the warehouse as a result. I am having a bit of lag today so it's likely that the corner was cut more closely than I observed.

Player names Heliotrope (driver), Calliope (dead alt passenger), Soletude (guest).  Deed: Sojourn

Please let me know if I may provide further info.  Thanks!

Drove around a corner near a stone wall, my passenger was thrown 50 feet into the air and his head exploded. good times

I was going from my deed to a friend, i drove while my priest was the passenger. He got booted out the first time on a flat road 3 tiles wide, then again going up a 15 slope road with raised side barriers. Made it through the gatehouse but then got thrown off into a high stone wall next to the road inside friends deed.

Going back out the same way the priest got ejected on the same road with the high stone wall twice, even though this time the wall was on the opposite side of the priest so wasnt very near. Made it through the gatehouse again but going down the 15slope road he got ejected twice with dmg. unmounted inside my house when i got back and the priest ended up on the second floor taking damage when porting up.

[13:54:16] You leave the large cart.

[13:54:16] You are teleporting and cannot perform actions right now.

[13:54:20] Ouch! That hurt!

[13:54:20] You are dead.

On road with 20 slope i was dropped from cart. One char die, other one almost die. 
That's the reason why i'll end my adventure with Wurm.

• Like 1

What's next? Char name: Miskowa.

Skills:

[13:59:11] Fighting decreased by 0,250 to 19,253
[13:59:11] Body strength decreased by 0,0100 to 20,006
[13:59:11] Body decreased by 0,0100 to 20,001
[13:59:11] Mining decreased by 0,0250 to 19,976
[13:59:11] Firemaking decreased by 0,0250 to 12,959
[13:59:11] Saw decreased by 0,0250 to 13,244
[13:59:11] Huge axe decreased by 0,0250 to 7,724
[13:59:11] Repairing decreased by 0,0250 to 20,425

Event: