Sign in to follow this  
Onyr

Hostiles attack through house walls

Possible issue related to:

"•It should now be possible to lead creatures and drive/ride from bridges high up into houses"

Please report any instances of attacks through walls.

Thank you,

A spider and a bear could reach me without problems on the tile closest to the door (on the inside of the house). They didn't seem to be able to enter, but they could reach me

Edit: For the record - It was a stone double door and there are no bridge structures anywhere near the building. I don't think there are any unfinished walls or similar either.

Edited by Aeris

[11:37:39] <Foatportside> I logged in 

[11:37:58] <Foatportside> walked to the stairwell/ladderwell in the building I was in

[11:38:07] <Foatportside> and went to the second floor of my building

[11:38:24] <Foatportside> out of nowhere "aged large rat moves in to attack you" appears and the combat window pops up

[11:38:37] <Foatportside> the rat is in a pen next to (outside) the building

[11:38:46] <Foatportside> I was able to hit the rat but it could not fight back

[11:38:48] <Theria> on the ground.

[11:38:58] <Foatportside> right

[11:39:25] <Theria> you, on the second floor, outside tile of house could attack a rat that was on the first floor, outside pen, and it could not hit you.

[11:39:47] <Theria> Exterior wall and 1 story between you?

[11:39:52] <Foatportside> yep

I was creating / imping a marble brazier pillar on the 5th floor of a tower attached to an enclosed building on a friend's deed when I was attacked by a wolf. I went downstairs and it was waiting for me on the outside of the NW corner of the tower / building.

Combat Window:

[01:43:26] Venerable black wolf moves in to attack you.

Event Window:

[01:43:26] The floor blocks your attempt.

Logging started 2015-06-28

[02:32:17] Aged scorpion moves in to attack you.

[02:32:20] Aged scorpion seems to target your lowercenter parts.

[02:32:22] Aged scorpion targets your lowercenter parts.

[02:32:23] Aged scorpion claws you hard in the left calf and hurts it.

[02:32:25] Aged scorpion claws you hard in the left thigh and hurts it.

[02:32:29] Aged scorpion claws you hard in the left foot and hurts it.

[02:32:33] You barely evade the blow to the left calf.

[02:32:37] Aged scorpion claws you hard in the crotch and hurts it.

[02:32:41] Aged scorpion claws you hard in the right thigh and harms it.

[02:32:45] Aged scorpion claws you very hard in the left calf and harms it.

[02:32:47] Aged scorpion claws you very hard in the left calf and harms it.

[02:32:49] Aged scorpion claws you hard in the right thigh and hurts it.

[02:32:52] Aged scorpion bites you extremely hard in the left thigh and damages it.

[02:32:53] Aged scorpion claws you hard in the right foot and harms it.

[02:32:57] Aged scorpion claws you hard in the left calf and harms it.

[02:32:57] You are dead.

There is an old locked wooden 3x3 building on the NW corner of my deed with no arches or windows.  There is historical decay to some of the wall panels, but no holes or green panels. The deed has a Templar.  The door of the hut is in the South side.  On the West and North sides are steep cliffs down to the sea.

My female character was standing inside the building on the ground floor on the centre-West tile facing East with her back facing the West wall.

An aged scorpion killed the alt from outside the building, the body was left inside.

If any mob had come into the building by any means it would have triggered the Templar.

The character has never been killed before so the combat log was straightforward (see above).  There is a steep slope down outside the west side of the building upon which the scorpion must have been standing, hence the attacks to her lower body I presume.

There were many messages of 'The wooden wall blocks your attempt' (apologies for not pasting one) so she was unable to defend herself.

There were many messages of 'The wooden wall blocks your attempt' (apologies for not pasting one) so she was unable to defend herself.

That is exactly how the stuck in a fence/tree/roof/(insert item here) "cannot perform actions while teleporting" undefensible deaths are.

Went afk today and this little gem involving multistory housing and mob AI happened. 

[20:15:34] Mature black wolf moves in to attack you.

[20:15:38] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the right thigh and irritates it.

[20:15:42] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the left underarm and hurts it.

[20:15:50] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the left underarm and hurts it.

[20:15:58] Mature black wolf bites you hard in the left hand and hurts it.

[20:16:02] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the right underarm and irritates it.

[20:16:16] Mature black wolf seems to target your  right parts.

[20:16:17] Mature black wolf targets your  right parts.

[20:16:18] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the stomach and irritates it.

[20:16:18] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the right upper arm and irritates it.

[20:16:22] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the right hand and hurts it.

[20:16:38] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the right thigh and irritates it.

[20:16:42] Mature black wolf seems to target your lower left parts.

[20:16:44] Mature black wolf targets your lower left parts.

[20:16:45] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the left underarm and irritates it.

[20:16:50] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the left foot and irritates it.

[20:16:54] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the left underarm and hurts it.

[20:16:56] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the left thigh and hurts it.

[20:16:58] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the left foot and irritates it.

[20:17:01] Mature black wolf seems to target your lowercenter parts.

[20:17:02] Mature black wolf targets your lowercenter parts.

[20:17:03] Mature black wolf bites you hard in the left foot and hurts it.

[20:17:06] Mature black wolf seems to target your  left parts.

[20:17:07] Mature black wolf fails to move into position.

[20:17:10] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the crotch and hurts it.

[20:17:16] Mature black wolf bites you hard in the right foot and hurts it.

[20:17:17] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the right foot and irritates it.

[20:17:21] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the right foot and hurts it.

[20:17:25] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the right thigh and irritates it.

[20:17:33] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the left calf and irritates it.

[20:17:37] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the left calf and irritates it.

[20:17:41] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the right thigh and hurts it.

[20:17:45] You barely evade the blow to the right foot.

[20:17:49] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the right thigh and irritates it.

[20:17:53] You barely evade the blow to the right calf.

[20:18:01] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the left calf and hurts it.

[20:18:13] Mature black wolf seems to target your lower left parts.

[20:18:14] Mature black wolf fails to move into position.

[20:18:15] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the right foot and hurts it.

[20:18:16] Mature black wolf claws you pretty hard in the right calf and hurts it.

[20:18:17] You skillfully evade the blow to the left thigh.

[20:18:19] Mature black wolf bites you hard in the left calf and hurts it.

[20:18:33] Mature black wolf seems to target your  right parts.

[20:18:35] Mature black wolf targets your  right parts.

[20:18:36] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the right hand and irritates it.

[20:18:36] Mature black wolf claws you lightly in the right thigh and hurts it.

[20:18:38] Mature black wolf bites you hard in the right upper arm and hurts it.

[20:18:38] You are dead.

The wolf was attacking from one tile away at sea level. I was one floor above with a fence between me and the wolf. Whenever I tried to attack I would get [20:18:21] The floor blocks your attempt.

Sooo this is starting to become a real problem in 1x1 safe houses. Trolls don't particularly seem to care for the walls anymore