Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Magic chests - Food decay

when did they stop working as a food preserving lunch box?  I just loaded mine up earlier today and already getting loads of decay on my meals & stews.

O.o i have to check that.. to my according they should still work. I did notice that if i had a SMC in my inv then the food took damage, but if i put it in a coffer for example then the decay damage on food stopped.

• Like 1

A large chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired or picked up.

A small chest that prevents non-food decay while having normal decay itself. It can not be repaired but can be picked up.

Maybe devs just fixed a long lasting bug?

Mine were still in there last night, are you sure?

IMO it would be a horrible change to make it unannounced after it has been for so long.

Edit: it's still there

Edited by whykillme

ok, just spoke with someone in Global chat.  In inventory food decays, regardless of chest.  Was not aware of that.  in cart, ground or any place else, chest preserves food still.  (also as Wulfgar says above)

This thing is magical... why not in inventory too?  Has there ever been a reason for it to only work out of inventory?  Is this the devs way of insuring chests take their damage over time?

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1

ok, just spoke with someone in Global chat.  In inventory food decays, regardless of chest.  Was not aware of that.  in cart, ground or any place else, chest preserves food still.  (also as Wulfgar says above)

This thing is magical... why not in inventory too?  Has there ever been a reason for it to only work out of inventory?  Is this the devs way of insuring chests take their damage over time?

Yeah i think so. I keep mine inside a sailboat and it havent taken any damage in a month or two...

Can you slow down decay on magical chest by keeping it indoors at all times?

edit: wiki says you can but it will probably last 10 real life years left outside.

Edited by Tsetse

Can you slow down decay on magical chest by keeping it indoors at all times?

edit: wiki says you can but it will probably last 10 real life years left outside.

afaik i have one on deed indoors, had 17 damage.. havent taken any more.. so no idea.

2bffc66e750ce60107ae3a529ebcf1163f7414e2

• Like 1