Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Allow linking of any faith priests

I say we should let priests of any faith link together, but ONLY spells that both have in common can pull favor from the links.

• Like 2

So basically allow the new deities to benefit from old accounts right away without the need to actually gain faith on a secondary priest like the LT casters belonging to Fo had to do?

I don't know. I can't really find a good reason for re-enabling cross-deity linking so late in the game when it was removed and forced Fo priests to get a battery priest.

• Like 2

When linking different deity priests, the linked non same deity priest should only be able to give half the faith they possess.

If you want links, you need to find friends doing the same thing.

i -1 this idea, because this damages the integrity of "dark" vs "light" and allowing fo and libila to link to each other would conflict the storyline. just work your faith up and find friends and work together as a team... alot of wurm is teamwork based so you might as well start working on teambuilding lol

So basically allow the new deities to benefit from old accounts right away without the need to actually gain faith on a secondary priest like the LT casters belonging to Fo had to do?

I don't know. I can't really find a good reason for re-enabling cross-deity linking so late in the game when it was removed and forced Fo priests to get a battery priest.

Edited by As_I_Decay
  • Like 1

A-I-D, yes.  Here is the problem I see:  So many new faiths and people dropping and recreating all the different types.  I was one of those that had at least 2 of each white priest for linking, which meant 6 (or more) prem on priests alone.  Why?  Because I wanted to play the whole game (minus pvp) and dammit, it is just lame that I have to have that many prem accounts to do so.  However, with cross linking, I could cut way back and probably do just 2-3 accounts to get the spells I find useful.

Yeah, I get that people in the past worked hard to build faith on their old priests.  I did it too and I raised about 8 priests to 100 faith.  I really don't think it would lessen the work I did.  Heck, if I still had all those priests (almost all sold recently), I'd be grateful for a change like this, allowing me to sell or stop paying prem on a few, while still maintaining all my spells.

My initial suggestion above was only for the link to only work with shared spells, but the more I think about it, the more I think linking should work, regardless of the spell.

For those that say we should just group up with others to get the extra links needed, well, that is fine, if you happen to have them living next door and you happen to be friends and you happen to play at the same time...  but what about the solo players or others that just don't live near someone to link with? 

Right now, there are so many new religions, that it is reducing the likelihood of having a matching priest near by.  Every new religion is just another big hit in the odds of finding a match to link with.  I think Rolf did the math and figured out how many new prems he was going to get from this, so presto, new gods everywhere.

why would they allow cross linking because then people would need less premiums because they dont need 2 of each type of priest they want to play... i think its a terrible idea, the gods are not friendly towards each other so the priests should be mandantorily hostile towards other priests even on pve servers...

why would they allow cross linking because then people would need less premiums because they dont need 2 of each type of priest they want to play... i think its a terrible idea, the gods are not friendly towards each other so the priests should be mandantorily hostile towards other priests even on pve servers...

The point is, most people don't premium multiple priests because of the need to have 2 subs for each faith.

Like I said before, I currently sub 3. I won't sub 2 more for 1 more additional spell set, but I would sub 2 more for 2 additional spell sets.

As for the hostility thing, that's not completely true "lore" around here. Look at the interactions the WL puppets have with eachother as an example. (Not that the little amount of lore that this game has really means anything.... it's been changed/fiddled with many times before.)

Edited by As_I_Decay

-1, even from a priest player. I have just the one priest. My village mates each have a different one. It would be handy, yeah, but... then again, it would solve the problem of not having enough favor to LT everything we have. I think the division is nice. But then with Nahjo, the Vynfolibnaron, who really needs anything else?

Honestly, I'd prefer if we just had some fairness with regards to saccing material than cross religion linking. As it stands there's no good reason to maintain a pair of Fo priests anymore when you have your Nahjo superpriestâ„¢ spell and and easy channeling grind buffet.

• Like 1

And the super sacc item. Honestly not rational to keeo fo and mag priests. I hate the idea but very likely I'll convert my Mag as well :-/

Edit: plus there is woodcutting as a bonus cream on the pie.

I see a dull near future of only Nahjo priests with a very few Vyn (for the only enchant Nahjo don't have)

Edited by Jaz

And the super sacc item. Honestly not rational to keeo fo and mag priests. I hate the idea but very likely I'll convert my Mag as well :-/

Edit: plus there is woodcutting as a bonus cream on the pie.

I see a dull near future of only Nahjo priests with a very few Vyn (for the only enchant Nahjo don't have)

The only thing stopping me is it being a good long ride back to the 87 faith I have. 

Honestly, I'd prefer if we just had some fairness with regards to saccing material than cross religion linking. As it stands there's no good reason to maintain a pair of Fo priests anymore when you have your Nahjo superpriestâ„¢ spell and and easy channeling grind buffet.

Door locks aren't as bad as cordage ropes but yes. At least with my Mag, I don't have to have 20 skill to have them show up in the menu. It would be nice to sac veggies of a known and for the most part guaranteed QL with zero fail rate. It isn't nearly the grind to farming up as it is ropemkaing and locksmithing. To get those up, you need to get farming and mining up also because you can't make a better rope or lock than the QL of the material it's made from with the added bonus of RNG on creation. Farming doesn't make it 1QL to your Skill in range. (Cloth also, but I don't have to deal in cloth but it is the same as ropemaking minus the 20 skill barrier.)

Edited by Audrel

Saccing mats all need to be brought in line with all other gods OR allow free conversions for redundant priests, like Mag and Fo. The only other thing to do is *shudder* nerf Nahjo (or Garlic) which wouldn't go down well with the swell of accounts that have spent extra money on the easy to grind FOTM priests. 

• Like 1

Another easier way is to make everything but the Rites have a 100 favor or less to cast. Just do away with linking altogether except during rituals. Then you ruffle the feathers of the 10 alt priests. Someone will get burned in any change to any of this.

To be honest the only thing which makes it fair is to have one overpowering saccing item that works for everyone and ditch the rest. Lib have had their super sac for a couple of years now and so does Nahjo. Lib have had their Vynesque Circle Of Cunning and Wind Of Ages forever in BotD and now Nahjo has the best spells from Mag, Fo and Vyn (minus CoC oddly enough) without having to worry about tiresome grinding of skills that infrequently spit out decent ql saccing items (cordage anyone).

Yoyo's are a joke for Vyn. Cloth isn't too bad for Fo but still a massive pain. Mag has it fairly good with door locks but why bother with any of that when you can just grind farming up to 80 and fill up your favor with a small handful garlics and power grind your channeling to the 90's like _every_single_Nahjo_priest_ is planning and still have all the best spells (bar coc of course) to play with.

Sucks to be a Vyn priest, that's for sure. 

• Like 1

Doesn't suck... Vynora followers still get 10% increase skillgain passive at 20 faith, yes vynora has coc but also nimbleness, wisdom of vynora(sleep bonus) and the most aoe of any priest. Vynora still also reins as the best mission priest with both reveal creatures and settlements, opulence for food when unable to heat it, wood chopper and tornado for aoe tree chopping(cut tree missions). don't think it sucks to play any particular priest as they each have their own unique play style. Some are harder, some are easier.... Just depends on what you like to do. After playing wurm for several years I'd welcome some sort of linking change ir spell fix. +1 for thinking outside the box

-1 the last thing we need is massive pillars in pvp because 6 different priests linked up from different gods.

• Like 1

I think it would make things too "easy". Wurm's not about "easy".

How about a nice compromise, you can link with priests of other faiths but there is an extra difficulty modifier (say double that of a normal link) added to the cast?

+1 either way since it benefits all priests.

This would be bad for the economy because it's a prime example of something that makes a person not have to depend on others.  If a Nahjo and a Fo priest can link together to cast LT, you might as well allow all priests to improve tools and weapons, because it's the exact same premise.

As much as this would remove paying for a character I don't want this to happen.

As for rerolling, sermons do retty quick work in getting the faith back. My najho is back to 74 and it was 82 before as a mag.

-1 we don't need these

BmGlVCb.jpg

in pvp

back when chain was still viable

Edited by MisterTeddy