Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Xanadu Mining Resources

Hey residents of Xanadu, I just recently made a thread like this on the Inde forum section and figured Xanadu might benefit from the same idea.  This is a copy-paste format from the other thread, but the guidelines hold up the same.

I'm sure at one point or another we've all had those frustrating moments trying to find a specific ore or rock type when mining. Sometimes there are public mines nearby with the resources you need, and sometimes there aren't. Sometimes there are people online who can point you in the right direction, and sometimes there aren't.

This thread is designed to gather information from players to create a public mining resource map. If you live near a public mine, have created a public mine, or know of the whereabouts of a public mine, please do share that info here. Just like with the community map I ask that you try to pinpoint the location of the public mine and display it as if you were adding a deed to the registry. Along with that info please share what ore types and rock types there are. The resources available are:

Iron
Copper
Silver
Gold
Lead
Zinc
Tin
Marble
Slate

Also, and this is just extra, notify if this mine is mostly submerged or above water level.

Do NOT share any info regarding private mines. ONLY share info pertaining to public access mines.

Hopefully we'll get some good info coming in and I'll be able to make a map fairly soon. Thank you!

If I might add one more note or disclaimer:  I am not very skilled in the art of coding, and as such making a nice map such as the community map for Xanadu will not be within my grasp.  Try not to curse my name too much if I make a simple map based on the information I gather from you all, as I will do my very best to make it simple and easy to read or understand.  If there is anyone out there who is much more skilled than myself and would enjoy helping with such a project I'd welcome it with open arms!

• Like 2

There is a ton of Iron and also a public zinc by my place at vrocks landing. There is silver in my mine, I dont mind giving some to people for simple things but I wont give out a ton, dont want to deplete it.

There is a ton of Iron and also a public zinc by my place at vrocks landing. There is silver in my mine, I dont mind giving some to people for simple things but I wont give out a ton, dont want to deplete it.

No worries.  If this thread doesn't gain much traffic I won't be making the simple map anyhow.

I would someday there would be trade routes where people can buy cheaper sell higher and things of that. This would be a good step in that direction. Someone goeas and grabs a load of gold for cheap and haul it sto somewhere where there is not much and sell it for more. I have a feeling an economy will start eventually.

I would someday there would be trade routes where people can buy cheaper sell higher and things of that. This would be a good step in that direction. Someone goeas and grabs a load of gold for cheap and haul it sto somewhere where there is not much and sell it for more. I have a feeling an economy will start eventually.

The economy in this game usually sucks and requires proper intention to boost it out change it from the player base.

I like this idea.  I wish I knew of some public mines to share locations of.   When bridges came out, I was hard pressed to find any Tin or Zinc in my area.  Had to wander around and find someone kind enough to give me a few spare lumps.

• Like 1

With the large amount of exposed rock, everything can be found at Newspring island with enough time spent prospecting.

I like this idea.  I wish I knew of some public mines to share locations of.   When bridges came out, I was hard pressed to find any Tin or Zinc in my area.  Had to wander around and find someone kind enough to give me a few spare lumps.

There is a public zinc mine in vrocks landing if your close enough to there.

I made a public mine (Mining Guild) at p20/p21. The deed itself is small and the veins are all surrounding it so you don't need any permissions or anything. I try to have as little restrictions as possible on the deed so that it can be used for sleep bonus, or as a learning place for new players, or whatever you please. Once I'm finished here I'll probably live somewhere else and visit the place like once a month for basic maintenance.

IKb3ja6.jpg

Full list of veins:

iron (very good) 1k-3k

iron (good) 5k+

iron (normal) 5k+

iron (good) 3k-5k

iron (acceptable) 100-1k

iron (acceptable) 1k-3k

iron (normal) 5k+

iron (good) 3k-5k

iron (acceptable) 5k+

iron (good) 5k+

iron (poor) 5k+

iron (good) 5k+

iron (poor) 1k-3k

iron (normal) 5k+

iron (good) 3k-5k

iron (good) 5k+

iron (normal) 5k+

iron (very good) 5k+

iron (good) 1k-3k

iron (very good) 100-1k

iron (normal) 5k+

gold (very good) 5k+

gold (acceptable) 1-100

gold (normal) 1k-3k

silver (normal) 1k-3k

silver (good) 3k-5k

silver (normal) 3k-5k

silver (normal) 100-1k

copper (acceptable) 3k-5k

copper (poor) 5k+

copper (very good) 5k+

copper (poor) 100-1k

copper (acceptable) 3k-5k

zinc (normal) 3k-5k

zinc (utmost) 1k-3k

zinc (good) 1k-3k

zinc (utmost) 1k-3k

zinc (acceptable) 5k+

zinc (good) 3k-5k

lead (normal) 1k-3k

lead (very good) 100-1k

lead (very good) 3k-5k

lead (good) 1k-3k

marble (acceptable) 1k-3k

marble (utmost) 5k+

tin (good) 5k+

tin (poor) 5k+

tin (acceptable) 100-1k

tin (utmost) 1k-3k

tin (poor) 3k-5k

tin (poor) 3k-5k

slate (normal) 5k+

slate (utmost) 1k-3k

Prospected nearby but not exposed:

15+ iron

3 tin

2 lead

2 zinc
  • Like 1

Good informations. If you all keep posting stuff like this there won't be need for a map lol