Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

No Rare Rolls

Amen to that brother. 

The stories we were told about there being a 50/50 chance at a drum roll each hour seem to be false. If it's not false, then it's pretty obvious the drum roll system is bugged.

• Like 1

Prem members shouldbe getting a bonus (which was announced looong ago when that reward system came in place), it might have bugged up recently and we get negative chance now :P

(even stupid stuff like imping 40 arrows from 20 to 70ql didnt give me any rare drumroll whatsoever)

Edit: maybe it checks serverwide how many rares there are of the item you are imping, and if to many are in existence, you dont get any drumrolls anymore, to keep rare "rare" :P (I sure hope nothing like that exists tho x_x)

Edited by Lycanthropic

Amen to that brother. 

The stories we were told about there being a 50/50 chance at a drum roll each hour seem to be false. If it's not false, then it's pretty obvious the drum roll system is bugged.

That story is very old and it's known since at least 2 or 3 years that it's no longer true (if it ever was).

That story is very old and it's known since at least 2 or 3 years that it's no longer true (if it ever was).

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind filling me in on the "new" story? Maybe with a link to staff posts explaining how the rare thingy works now if it's not a 50/50 chance per hour. Can PM if you'd like. Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nothing to do with staff. Plenty of people have reported more than 2 drum rolls within short time spans, personally I have had 3 drum rolls within 20 minutes once. Obviously one cannot have 3 drum rolls within 20 minutes if the old story about 50% chance once in an hour is true.

I'm not aware that there is any information about how it really works. It's task of the players to figure it out.

bump. No rare rolls for 3 weeks and counting here.

Meanwhile on elevation:

Fortuna favors the bold.

606e3d8c75.png

fc079c68ba.png

bfb9a6138e.png

went back to fix some stuff at deed... 2 min after getting back to work...

2e1ee6daa5.png

MOAR!

93187a4d5c.png

FORTUNA!

bc965296f2.png

time to fix some dinner for my godess Fortuna.

Got back.

throw 4 coc casts on a tool: [20:13:43] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [101]

Fooorrtuunnaaaa~ xD

30 min of work

ffc7748ee9.png

81ad47f977.png

6a7d282b23.png

54b4723220.png

a551b92513.png

Fooortuuunnaaaaa~

1b0681ca66.png

7e4a53b7c2.png

ba215035eb.png

Edited by Zekezor

Meanwhile on elevation:

LOL Come forage for me. 

Sooooooo, has this bug been passed on to the devs to look into and fix?  It's been almost 4 weeks since posting this. All we've gotten is someone saying that the 50/50 chance of a roll each hour is not true, despite being what I believe Rolf himself claimed were the odds.

:(

Sooooooo, has this bug been passed on to the devs to look into and fix?  It's been almost 4 weeks since posting this. All we've gotten is someone saying that the 50/50 chance of a roll each hour is not true, despite being what I believe Rolf himself claimed were the odds.

:(

I haven't seen a rare roll in weeks. I mined about 500 ores Saturday. Nothing. Foraged all the grass in my "forage area." Nothing. I haven't seen so much as a rare shard in a good long time.

Have to agree, the mechanism seems broken to me.

Pristine. Last night I mined 2 rock tiles. I got one rare rock shard from each tile. This week I also got a rare sprout and plank.

Pristine. Last night I mined 2 rock tiles. I got one rare rock shard from each tile. This week I also got a rare sprout and plank.

Congrats.

Unfortunately some of us don't get rolls for weeks.

Nothing to do with staff. Plenty of people have reported more than 2 drum rolls within short time spans, personally I have had 3 drum rolls within 20 minutes once. Obviously one cannot have 3 drum rolls within 20 minutes if the old story about 50% chance once in an hour is true.

I'm not aware that there is any information about how it really works. It's task of the players to figure it out.

I don't know how it really works either.

But this is what was explained to me by someone in my alliance on Pristine many moons ago.

You get a rarity window. How long the rarity window is depends on your deed rarity window(might or might not really work).

If you start(I think it's start, for all we know if could be finish) a action during this rarity window you get a rarity roll.(also some kind of hocus pocus about creating vs imping because the action timer is shorter.)

You have a 50% chance to have a rarity window during one hour(Or so we think).

If you get a rare roll during your rarity window you then have to succeeded in the action if you do. You can then roll again to see if the successive action results in a rare.(On the resources gathering side it seems nearly a guaranty that if you get the rare roll, you get a rare resource.)

Once your rare roll has happened your rarity window restarts. Which is why you can get multiple rare rolls. As soon as you have one your timer starts again.

(Then of course we the whole different tiger of a different strip which comes with using rare to create or attached to items.)

Now how much of this is true?

I don't know.

But off all the explanations I've heard over the many months I've played Wurm this one always seemed to make sense to me.

Now I do know that I "feel" like I get more rare rock shards when using a faster pick. But then again that means I plow through tiles faster so I'm also processing more actions.

But unless a dev/code club fills us in all we have are our theories.

With out knowing how it works, it's hard to know if something is bugged :(

• Like 2

With out knowing how it works, it's hard to know if something is bugged :(

Which has long been a peeve of mine. How do you know anything is intentend when the intended way of everything is not disclosed? Things that have been a certain way for years are suddenly a bug and not working as intended and fixed or removed. Things that appear to be obvious bugs are working as intended. We think. Until years from now they are fixed or removed because they aren't working as intended. Discovery is fine and all but there is precious little information from official channels on how anything works.

EDIT: con't speel err can't spell.

Edited by Audrel

I was smithing for 2 hours a day atleast for past 2 or so weeks. 0 rare rolls.

Tried doing some hunting. 0 rare rolls.

Tried woodcutting/mining. 0 rare rolls.

Mining for 2x3 hours with 3 sec timer: 1 rare ore.

Smithing 2-3 hours daily (imps) , a single roll only during the last week (mostly less than 10 sec timers).

Got a bunch of rare dirt, rare rock shards, rare mortar, supreme rock shard, and a rare roll on a large axe in the past two days.

yesterday was a bumper crop for me, rare fence bars, rare plank, rare shaft, rare large nails, now do you think I could of had the rare rolls during my hours of imp'ing the carts, nooo

I did 50-70 ws recently on sickles without woa no deed bounus 3 rares 1 supreme :D oh and mining seems to give around 1 every 3 hours

Back to the top. Still waiting on official word on this bug.

Thanks

Back to the top. Still waiting on official word on this bug.

Thanks

The reward for discovering this bug will prolly be HUGE !   Can't wait to collect.

• Like 1

The reward for discovering this bug will prolly be HUGE !   Can't wait to collect.

haha. think again.

• Like 1