Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

No Rare Rolls

i think i have got "all" your rare rolls

[16:53:22] You start to smear the wound.

[16:53:22] You have a moment of inspiration...

[08:07:57] You have a moment of inspiration...

[08:07:57] You fill the pottery jar with dye.

[17:32:10] You have a moment of inspiration...

[17:32:10] The wall will break soon.

[18:34:51] You start to improve the mine door.

[18:35:02] You have a moment of inspiration...

[18:36:36] You have a moment of inspiration...

[18:36:36] You improve the mine door a bit.

[16:29:23] You start to bandage the wound.

[16:29:23] You have a moment of inspiration...

[17:39:41] You have a moment of inspiration...

[17:39:41] You mine some rock shards.

[22:19:30] You have a moment of inspiration...

[22:19:30] You mine some rock shards.

and all "very" usefull rare rolls

Just an example....

Edited by monsterix

Pls forgive my rant. Could someone pls take a look into this, it's been way to long. thank you.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

3+ MONTHS HAVE PASSED SINCE REPORTING THIS PROBLEM.  NOT A SINGLE WORD FROM ANYONE INFORMING US THAT THEY EITHER KNOW IT'S A KNOWN BUG OR THAT THEY'RE WORKING ON IT, OR THAT IT'S EVEN BEEN PASSED ON TO THE DEV TEAM TO LOOK AT!!!.  NOT NOTHING !!!!    DON'T SEE WHY ANYONE SHOULD BOTHER TO REPORT STUFF TO THE FRIGGING BUG REPORT SECTION IF THEY'RE ONLY GOING TO BE IGNORED !!!!  

WELL THANKS  FOR NOTHING.

Edited by Gumbo

It's random and you could simply be missing the window.

Did you not read what people have been telling you?

I find it hard to believe only you're bugged.

Off the top of my head in the last month we have had imped a supreme colossus, supreme lounge chaise, supreme axe, made about 19 rare shoes and I am sure there is more im still waking up this morning. As far as I can see in just my village there isn't anything wrong.

I was smithing for 2 hours a day atleast for past 2 or so weeks. 0 rare rolls.

I haven't seen a rare roll in weeks. I mined about 500 ores Saturday. Nothing. Foraged all the grass in my "forage area." Nothing. I haven't seen so much as a rare shard in a good long time.

I've noticed that if I'm improving items or working on carpentry or smithing, I will not receive any drumrolls, however the second I go farming, I get three in a two hour period.  

I do not care anymore on the rare window, it seems no difference for me.

1-2 hours WS grind here daily, zero rolls for at least a week.

But on Sunday a supreme large cart and a rare small wooden shield popped out so it is either real bad luck or weapons are hard to roll

I noticed the same thing WS  and thought it was just my rotten luck. In a hard grinding session from 88-90 not a single rare. 

A bit unusual for that many hours of grinding.

Anyways we're getting off topic, I've noticed the no rare roll thing is unique to some accounts, where a few buddies of mine have no problems with it, I have. As I said, two weeks (Give or take with some slacking) grinding FC, not a single rare roll at all.

Same problem here, I went from 40FC to 70 in two weeks with not a single rare roll, honest to god promise.

Have also noticed the same thing, which incidentally made appearance with one of the latest rarity updates?

Blacksmithing imping seems to yield normal rarity rolls, but it has been a very long time since i got anything related to a roll with my weaponsmithing..

I have exactly the same problem with weapon smithing, imped a hundred of weapons to 80-85ql and nothing as well, i actually haven't get any rare from this skill since about 5 months...

It's random and you could simply be missing the window.

Did you not read what people have been telling you?

I find it hard to believe only you're bugged.

Look at how many others are reporting the same problem. It's not just me.

I have thought the rare system has been borked for awhile, I spend upwards of 12 hours a day in Wurm and it does not seem to matter what i do, Whether its smithing non stop for hours on end or mining, I never seem to get a roll and the deed bonus does not seem to make any difference, I have it maxed all the time now and still no rolls.

I even tried the method mentioned in the rare guide to improve my chances and all i have now is 900 Hatchets and 500 Butchering knives to sac.

Spent hours making and improving 225 weapons to 70ish quality and had a rare roll once. Made a rare chain boot, 2 rare large metal shields, rare hatchet, and a couple smaller rares in less time while semi Afk imping to 90.

40 hours of game time blacksmithing tools from 70 - 90 ql no inspirations. No other activities during that time. At the end mined some lead stopped after 20 minutes when I got a rare lead ore. Then created some strings but when I converted them to square cloth got two supremes within five minutes of each other. Logged off in disgust after that.

• Like 1

Blacksmithing for about 10 hours more or less without break, except for some plate / chain works. A single roll at the end of the period, "of course" failed.

Working an hour in parallel on metallurgy, two hours on mining, zero rare rolls there as well.

A couple of things I have noticed over the last couple of months while cranking out endless cordage ropes on two toons:

1. The toon that was on-deed villager vs. alliance got a lot more rolls.  Leads me to think the rare window deed bonus must be working;

2. You do too much of any one thing for awhile and the rolls just stop.  Got to counteract that by doing something else for a good while and then you start to get a few again, but at a lower rate it seems.

No idea if there is any merit to this or not or if there is a hidden cycle to rare rolls where you just turn cold for a good long while. 

On a related note, made a rare file blade yesterday and when made a file out of it, no rare roll.  So something seems off there as well.

• Like 1

I know 1 thing about rares, they hate me.

over the past week ive made and improved 1250 hunting arrows to QL50 i got 1 rare from the whole thing

and yesterday i made 1250 war arrows, i did get a rare roll however...it was when i was cutting a shaft from a log >.>