Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

No Rare Rolls

It's been some where around 50+ in game hours now without a single rare roll. I've made approx. 70 iron weapons and imp'd them to 80 - 92ql (mostly 90+). Not a single rare roll in all that time. I have a 10 second deed bonus window for rare rolls. I use Woa tools and do not do actions over 20 seconds. For the most part all imp actions are 12 seconds or less. Either the rolls have been turned off for me, or there is something wrong. I'm used to getting about one roll for every 5 -10 hours of game time.

• Like 5

I have exactly the same problem with weapon smithing, imped a hundred of weapons to 80-85ql and nothing as well, i actually haven't get any rare from this skill since about 5 months...

We could use a break from getting so many new rares we have so many in the system now the way it is. I see the rare farmers posting new ones every week and they are for sure down in price so i hope he did adjust them down some. 

No noticeable change in drum rolls here, in fact got a rare willow short bow just a few days ago.

We could use a break from getting so many new rares we have so many in the system now the way it is. I see the rare farmers posting new ones every week and they are for sure down in price so i hope he did adjust them down some. 

Imo it's not fair to put sanctions to impers just because people spamming creations to get rares

• Like 3

Rare rolls on tools for me are so infrequent I can go weeks at a time without any ... then in one sitting I can get 5 and still not turn anything rare.

I feel like the unluckiest master smith in the world .. only thing I ever turn rare is cordage rope and string where the guy down the road from me can knock out half a dozen rares a day when he's on a streak. 

I feel like Rolf has personally cursed me or I'm the only in the game that doesn't know the trick to maximizing the odds.

• Like 3

Hah, you could use a break so you can sell your picks. I'd very much like to get a rare anything (bar cordage or string of course) so I have something fancy to blow up with my cursed Vyn priest.

Hah, you could use a break so you can sell your picks. I'd very much like to get a rare anything (bar cordage or string of course) so I have something fancy to blow up with my cursed Vyn priest.

Edited by Kegan

Have also noticed the same thing, which incidentally made appearance with one of the latest rarity updates?

Blacksmithing imping seems to yield normal rarity rolls, but it has been a very long time since i got anything related to a roll with my weaponsmithing..

Same problem here, I went from 40FC to 70 in two weeks with not a single rare roll, honest to god promise.

Rare rolls on tools for me are so infrequent I can go weeks at a time without any ... then in one sitting I can get 5 and still not turn anything rare.

I feel like the unluckiest master smith in the world .. only thing I ever turn rare is cordage rope and string where the guy down the road from me can knock out half a dozen rares a day when he's on a streak. 

I feel like Rolf has personally cursed me or I'm the only ###### in the game that doesn't know the trick to maximizing the odds.

I share in your luck! In 2 years playing, I have made 2 rare mallets (one I sold to the damn token instead of a corpse) and a rare plate leggings (as far as gear goes). I also made 2 rare crates, rare bucket, rare barrel and a rare bell tower (that doesn't glow). LOL

But I do have to say that I haven't had any rare rolls (other than coins foraging) even making sac junk. It's been a good while since I even made a rare shard.

• Like 1

Was just pulling your leg Kegan ;)

There does seem to be a fairly massive imbalance between those that get rare chances all the time and those that get them infrequently. Then there's those of us who just do not get them no matter what we do or how long we try. We know so little about the process and it's entirely possible there are a dozen different variables in play that effect the chances which we have no chance of ever really knowing considering how tight lipped / guarded (or unsure among spaghetti code) devs are about it all. Of course, it doesn't help when the rare creation process can (and has) been exploited in the past which has led to an abundance of cheap and readily available rares flooding the market and driving prices down.

Some more transparency or acknowledgement of how the process works would be in order. If it really is just down to RNG luck then so be it - although if that's the case it has to call into question the nature of the "randomness" of the RNG as it's clearly not as random as you'd expect given the law of averages.

Was just pulling your leg Kegan ;)

There does seem to be a fairly massive imbalance between those that get rare chances all the time and those that get them infrequently. Then there's those of us who just do not get them no matter what we do or how long we try. We know so little about the process and it's entirely possible there are a dozen different variables in play that effect the chances which we have no chance of ever really knowing considering how tight lipped / guarded (or unsure among spaghetti code) devs are about it all. Of course, it doesn't help when the rare creation process can (and has) been exploited in the past which has led to an abundance of cheap and readily available rares flooding the market and driving prices down.

Some more transparency or acknowledgement of how the process works would be in order. If it really is just down to RNG luck then so be it - although if that's the case it has to call into question the nature of the "randomness" of the RNG as it's clearly not as random as you'd expect given the law of averages.

AFAIK GMs have a very easy way of noticing and dealing with exploited items, I suppose their system is (Or is similar to) catching items with duplicate item IDs.

I haven't played in about a month but I did get quite a few rares from imping (including small axe @ weaponsmiths, so that's not the issue) along with the usual countless door locks I get from spamming for my priest

AFAIK GMs have a very easy way of noticing and dealing with exploited items, I suppose their system is (Or is similar to) catching items with duplicate item IDs.

That depends on how the exploit is discovered, the manner in which it's exploited and how widespread the abuse had been by the time it's "noticed." Sometimes removal is done, sometimes not. Sometimes exploits aren't intentional and honest people report it. Sometimes not.

That depends on how the exploit is discovered, the manner in which it's exploited and how widespread the abuse had been by the time it's "noticed." Sometimes removal is done, sometimes not. Sometimes exploits aren't intentional and honest people report it. Sometimes not.

Most likely the same way they detect when GMs spawn items/do certain actions, it's all logged in a system, and when the system detects an item with the same ID being materialized out of nowhere, they will most likely crack down on it.

Anyways we're getting off topic, I've noticed the no rare roll thing is unique to some accounts, where a few buddies of mine have no problems with it, I have. As I said, two weeks (Give or take with some slacking) grinding FC, not a single rare roll at all.

Most likely the same way they detect when GMs spawn items/do certain actions, it's all logged in a system, and when the system detects an item with the same ID being materialized out of nowhere, they will most likely crack down on it.

That's item duplication rather than creation bug / exploit which was an issue a while ago but you're right, getting off topic.

I noticed the same thing WS  and thought it was just my rotten luck. In a hard grinding session from 88-90 not a single rare. 

A bit unusual for that many hours of grinding.

Edited by Chiqa

I feel your frustration. The deed bonus being at 10 seconds doesn't appear to help me very much either. I can take a skill from 0-90 and I am lucky to get a couple of rolls. Some have it figured out though. It is almost like newer characters have a better chance or like you mentioned, rare rolls have just been completely turned off for some. There are a few out there who sell creation quality rares on a regular basis, while others spend hours upon hours on imping without a single roll. The mechanic just seems sketchy. 

Edited by Macadelic

Carpentry skill 100. One rare mallet, one supreme. nothing else (both on creation not improving - not sure if that is the right way to keep item count low, but who am i to judge?)

The only things I made on creation were plate legs and 1 crate. The other paltry few items were all being imped.

I do not care anymore on the rare window, it seems no difference for me.

1-2 hours WS grind here daily, zero rolls for at least a week.

But on Sunday a supreme large cart and a rare small wooden shield popped out so it is either real bad luck or weapons are hard to roll

I had 4 rare rolls in about 5 hours time while improving pans... and got 0 Rare Pans =P.

But on the plus side..  I finally got 70 Blacksmithing! [18:21:16] You have just received the title 'Renowned Blacksmith'!

Edited by takatsuki
  • Like 5

I've noticed that if I'm improving items or working on carpentry or smithing, I will not receive any drumrolls, however the second I go farming, I get three in a two hour period.