Sign in to follow this  
Journeya

What server should you join? Well, Indepence, of course. Come join our village!

We are still open and looking for new players to join our beautiful lake area. Got a few ready made houses with yards, or plots where you can build it however you want. PM me, Seancarl or Asdf ingame for assistance.

I'll put in another vouch for Journeya and Seancarl.

I spend a few months at the academy before I ventured out to make a deed of my own.

The alliance is very helpful, and doesn't use you for slave labor. I've been shown how to work a lot of skills / tricks...etc. in the game, and they are generous with their time and help both when I was at N. Indy and on my own deed nearby.

Can't say enough about how awesome they, and the rest of the alliance are!

• Like 2

I will also happily vouch for North Indy Academy following the incredibly warm welcome I received yesterday!  These guys have worked hard on their village; it has to be seen to be believed!

• Like 2

*bump*
A few of our members have decided to make their own deeds and so we are standing here with three empty houses and a couple of lots to build on! Come join us for a great but laid back community!

• Like 1

Hello, I used to play this game a few years back and I'm looking to get back into it. How would I find the academy? I'm currently in the freedom market.

Hello there Fancypants. If you havent already used it, you get one free teleportation to a village on a server. If you have stuff to move along that is too large to carry then you would have to travel here manually I suppose (I can probably assist with that :) ). I am about to log on to the game so feel free to PM me in there - I will be on Seancarl and Journeya.

1 minute ago, Journeya said:

Hello there Fancypants. If you havent already used it, you get one free teleportation to a village on a server. If you have stuff to move along that is too large to carry then you would have to travel here manually I suppose (I can probably assist with that :) ). I am about to log on to the game so feel free to PM me in there - I will be on Seancarl and Journeya.

Didn't even know i had a free teleport, I'm going to use it then. See you there.

Recently had three new recruits so we are very much active, but still got room for a few more! Come join our awesome team! :)

(Got at least a pair of nice empty spots to build on as well as two empty houses with their private yards.)

And welcome and thanks for joining us Fancypants, Katalicious and Huw :)

• Like 1

*bump*
Still got room for more. We still have 3 "plots" to build on - as well as one empty house, and a temporary inn with beds til another house is built or one abandoned. Come join our great team.

Hello, I am a new player and have narrowed it down to either independence or xanadu to start on based on how many I see online each time I check server stats. What times of day are your village residents usually active? I assume a village is like a guild, so I want to be sure I am joining a group that has similar play times. Thanks in advance!

Hello Podrick, pardon late response. I think the "guild" is more like our alliance that we have. - and its active all over the world. We got people from Canada, US, Europe, Australia, even off the coast of Africa (now if only I could recall the name of those islands O.O). But we are spread out over all time zones - and we all tend to play too much so we are on A LOT :P 

An alliance is basically a bunch of villages that have bonded together so we have our own chat between these villages, trade with eachother, hook eachother up or just talk random nonsense to entertain ourselves. All the villages in our alliance are in the same region and in fairly close proximity to the Academy deed/village. Its an active area, with active people. We have added quite a few new people to the alliance as of lately as well so its getting even more active. Around peak hours we can have around 10 different players online (usually close to 15-20 accounts due to a lot of us having alts - which could be a thing to consider when you compare server sizes as well). We had experienced people move from Xanadu over to Independence, complaining about lag and lack of community (Xana is really big combined with a really low player density - Independence has almost double the density without being the least bit crowded, and better travel distances and less lag to boost.)

Was invited just last night to join

gonna  look around first but ill most likely join

it paines me to see what hapened to my friends fort tough, it looked great for a mom-prem made homestead (bloody land huger zanzibar people)

im excited to see the academy today when i log in

thanks for the invite again Seancarl

hope i dont bug others much XD

Edited by Balthier
  • Like 1

I'm a fairly new player, with a lot left to learn about Wurm. I primarily play WU, to enjoy the mechanics and just be zoned out with the monotony of what I end up doing. But I have been spending some time on WO lately, because I'm finally starting to see a more social aspect to the game in a very positive light. That being said, Journeya is part of that reason. When I had questions about finding a place to live, they answered them without trying to push me into joining. They were amiable and warm, completely contrary to how I have seen some people act in games over my 30 years of being a gamer. I'm very interested in learning more about the Academy, and probably will end up joining them if they will have me. So, here's a "+1" from me. (Will add more later after I've had more interactions. Apologies, I can just be very thorough that way)

10 hours ago, Gaenovas said:

I'm a fairly new player, with a lot left to learn about Wurm. I primarily play WU, to enjoy the mechanics and just be zoned out with the monotony of what I end up doing. But I have been spending some time on WO lately, because I'm finally starting to see a more social aspect to the game in a very positive light. That being said, Journeya is part of that reason. When I had questions about finding a place to live, they answered them without trying to push me into joining. They were amiable and warm, completely contrary to how I have seen some people act in games over my 30 years of being a gamer. I'm very interested in learning more about the Academy, and probably will end up joining them if they will have me. So, here's a "+1" from me. (Will add more later after I've had more interactions. Apologies, I can just be very thorough that way)

Journeya is good people.

3 minutes ago, Marlon said:

Ooh, coming to have a peek later tonight :)

Are you back to playing and looking for a settlement, or just taking a tour to check out their design? :)

This surly has me interested, played off and on for probably 3 years alone.

Last year built a nice 2x3 house with a 6x12 farm life was good in wurm till real life distracted me and a year flies by. Upon my return my farm is a forest and my house no longer stands aside the wood floor.

I think I'm ready this time to jump back in and become part of a community. Albeit I hope I have a tele otherwise getting there is going to be a retelling of lord of the rings minus the ring, the action  and a fellowship. 

8 hours ago, Thefult said:

This surly has me interested, played off and on for probably 3 years alone.

Last year built a nice 2x3 house with a 6x12 farm life was good in wurm till real life distracted me and a year flies by. Upon my return my farm is a forest and my house no longer stands aside the wood floor.

I think I'm ready this time to jump back in and become part of a community. Albeit I hope I have a tele otherwise getting there is going to be a retelling of lord of the rings minus the ring, the action  and a fellowship. 

Hi Thefult. Journeya is an amazing person and the Academy has pretty much become the capital/hub of our alliance. I live a little bit south of colosus lake which is were the academy is at but I am a lot closer to the Howl area therefor I would be happy to run down in a cart and grab you. I can give you a tour of the academy area and show you around a bit. You can contact me in game (t/ Zachariah) I will be in in a few minutes, were as alternatively I can be reached through the forums. 

Looking forward to hearing from you and looking forward to having you in our alliance. It truly is a great one. 

Hello, 

I am a new player looking to join with The Academy. I am starting from scratch, and I am new. I made the trek from Howl to here, but I am scared that I will die and have to make the trip again. Please let me know if you are still interested in new players or otherwise. Currently hiding somewhere in the Academy at below half health

***Props to Mimiga, he has helped heal up and given me some good food. I can wait now without much worry.***

Edited by Cunningstuff

5 hours ago, ownerpure5 said:

Should join Desolation 

Not the place for advertising another kingdom or (Wu server?).

Very rude.

Edited by Slickshot

Hi..was just checking to see if this academy is still active.. I've got just over 24 hours of game time in and loving it but would like to get somewhere were i could be both useful and grow myself... any ways, thanks.

I paid no attention to ownerpure5's ad of desperation. I think they may have been fooled by my name, but it is obviously a misunderstanding of truth behind definition. I say cunning, and most of the world assumes low cunning. I assume nothing of the sort, and stand by my cunning choice of Alliance, if they will have me :) 

16 hours ago, ownerpure5 said:

Should join Desolation

Oh sorry, it was DesOLation, not desPARation. I am sure they will understand my misspelling as well.