Sign in to follow this  
McDaniel

Ninja referal change?

"That player must have or have had a premium account once."

Ninja change? Been a while since I used a referal, but everyone who I asked about it didn't know this had changed.

you have always had to have been premium or you could roll the same referral across as many new players as you like one at a time. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 5

It has not always been like that. People used to buy referals to prem and alt to make them mayor and stuff like that.

And you only got a referal when you bought premium, you did not get a new referal from being refered.

Edited by McDaniel

Always been like this for as long as I have played.

• Like 2

Always been like this for as long as I have played.

same here

• Like 1

like others said you are remembering it wrong,this was always the case for at least the last 5 years

I agree: it has always been like that!

Wurmpedia quote:

A referral is a one-time gift to every account that becomes a premium player. It can be given away to another player who has had premier playing time at least once

Edited by Yaga

OK maybe I remember it wrong, but wiki means nothing since 'This page was last modified on 26 May 2014, at 17:24.' :P

Referrals were always only for people who had actually paid for premium at least once. 

It has not always been like that. People used to buy referals to prem and alt to make them mayor and stuff like that.

I think what you're remembering is the other way round - people would count the value of the referral into how cheap it was to buy prem for the first time.

I also remember (2008) only being able to refer people/accounts who are or previously had been premium before (I still remember who I referred instead of selling it away, a lovely person who kinda made me try Wurm in the first place!). Referals were originally a promotional gift, and although their value has been nerfed very much indeed (20 days instead of 1 months premium time, OR ? silver coins instead of 5 silver coins), I'm sure only premium or previously premium accounts were eligible recipients.

Edited by Ulviirala

yes, it has always been this way

To be the recipient of a referral you have always had to have been premium at least once.

OK maybe I remember it wrong, but wiki means nothing since 'This page was last modified on 26 May 2014, at 17:24.' :P

if you go to history and look back at 2012 or whatever, it was also listed in there it was not possible... 

cool, didn't know you could see the old versions on the wiki.

The fact that you can only refer a premium player was only added in the revision  of 18:46, 22 May 2009 though.

Before that there was no mention about it. (but I gues i just remember it wrong)