Sign in to follow this  
SamuelRowe

Thenextnoob - Stole everything I had; Beware around Summerholt!

cUfzhcK.jpg

Read the private chat, but the he stole really upset me because some of it I paid for and some took me a lot of time to make

wKVzXQW.jpg

He continues to insult me now

• Like 2

That's a real shame, I doubt he will play for long those people come and go every day It's those that stay and make a name for themselves that really matter in the long run. Brings back lots of memories of my first days in wurm, some guy jacked my small cart and some folks in local out of the kindness of there hearts gave me my first bison and a large cart with much more then I ever had. We all have good and bad experiences, let this become a memory of that time some dude jacked all your belongings but you didn't give up and left working at your future in wurm. :) Goodluck!

Edited by yashua
  • Like 5

I thought he was gone, he spent his first month travelling from server too server begging for items in freedom chat and saying "this game sucks, i'm quitting"

Absolute idiot, avoid him wherever possible.

• Like 2

What server are you on?  Some people here are wonderful community members and will help you recoup what you lost. 

• Like 2

this is on xanadu, and it happened near the starter town of summerholt. i am about 1-2 squares south of there and hes KoS here now

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your loss.  This is a tough lesson in the down side of human behavior.  I have pm'd you to assist and offer to replace all your belongings lost and get you started again as you were prior.

• Like 8

Aye if anything I can do to help you recover from this plz let me know either in game on here on forums. 

• Like 1

I have him a whole set of armor tools and seeds set up just trying to arrange a meet and greet its left overs from my new player packs

• Like 6

it takes 1 large nail 1 blank and a hammer to keep your stuff per week ? how start a house even an unfinished one finalized house last a week with those amounts of mats attached !! so start a 1x1 leave unfinished per week until you ready to settle in a spot for a permanent house just my views seeing a unfished finalized house offers writs protect 

• Like 1

I might be heading down there tomorrow, and if you are on, I'll also assist you in replacing and improving the stuff you lost. 

Locking ones stuff is most often a lesson learned the hard way.

• Like 2

Take this as a lesson, about why do you need to secure your stuff, also remember this is a multiplayer game, so you will end facing good people, regular people and bad people, don't let this discourage you, leave it behind and keep going on, sooner or later you will find some good folks willing to help you, and in some months ahead from this day you will look back and have a good laugh about all this.

Salu2.

• Like 2

Its sad when this happens, but the reality is it does.....

Learn from it, learn the game mechanics and locking items etc.

Also I will happily help you if i can, just pm me in game. same name. Able to travel to summerholt easy enough if needs be.

Regards

Sorion.

• Like 1

What he gained in material possessions, he lost 100x in reputation here. Now you get to see the best part of wurm - people helping people. The community is the game.

• Like 8

Thenextnoob is 2 of the "Unknown?" on my ignore list. Seems this guy has a habit of getting his account deleted and then recreating it. My best guess is he is some ones grief alt. Seems like a lot of effort to keep recreating with the same name after the account is deleted.

From Xan Freedom chat today:

<Someone> what happend with the previous noob?
<Thenextnoob> Oh he vanished into the mist of deletion after three months
<Someone> aah
<Thenextnoob> There were multiple versions of me, and all of the previous ones were theives and cancer to the Xanudu freedom chat

Sounds like this version is aswell.

lol...Sad indeed.

• Like 2

Man... frustrating and heart breaking. PM me and I will help recoup the stuff you were thieved of.

that can of stuff can ruins your first wurm experience

i live near summerholt, pm Zetuka in game, i will make you a 70ql weapon of your choice for free.

I hope that can help you

or if you need a toolbelt instead...

Edited by Zetuka

I thought he was gone, he spent his first month travelling from server too server begging for items in freedom chat and saying "this game sucks, i'm quitting"

Absolute idiot, avoid him wherever possible.

I thought I had seen that name before. Maybe his next migrational beg-a-thon turned theft can be greeting with 20 alliance ToSes.

Thats a shame, dont let yourself feel down

My bro's idea on this

Hashirama: Come to Deliverance G-8 in game map (deed name: Konoha) and we will replace everything you lost plus gear,weapon etc.  And high QL tools.

And I agree to it, you should have everything back, and that guy should be reading this message to realize that him stealing any of your stuff hasn't had any effect on you. Just don't trust that guy and he will realize what he did, and when he realizes, still don't trust him ever :)

Cheer up and keep wurming!

• Like 2

I see you have a writ in your inventory, did you not have permissions set? Despite what many people parrot, the permission system works fine. Could it be improved, of coarse but setting roles, using locks, and some common sense will ensure you won't have a problem in the future. Be glad you learned the hard way early on and not when you have a long established deed looted due to carelessness as we've seen with some other people. Also if he is bothering you put him on ignore. I wish you luck getting back to where you were and no doubt people will be happy to donate tools and such.

Nice dog.  

You might lose everything you have, but a dog will always remain your best friend.  

Until you shield bash it to death accidentally while training and bury it under the road where you hope no one will notice.

Maybe the next big thing we need for wurm is a crime mechanic like archage had. That way we can send these people to jail.

Maybe you should lock up your things. Its your own fault someone was able to come by and take what they want.

There's locks and house settings for a reason, use part of the game to protect yourself just like players will use part of the game to pick up items.

Edited by Ronnie

I would say the best protection a new player can make for their items is a large cart with a lock attached to it. Then store the key in the bank, as it is not needed to be carried around to access the contents. Then you have a mobile secure storage unit no one else can access with the permissions automatically set.

Sure, some foolish player could drag it off out of spite I guess, so the next project should be a small house to store it inside of. Or possibly leave it on a friendly Village deed out of the way somewhere for a few days at a time.

=Ayes=

Maybe you should lock up your things. Its your own fault someone was able to come by and take what they want.

There's locks and house settings for a reason, use part of the game to protect yourself just like players will use part of the game to pick up items.