Sign in to follow this  
Klaa

Coconuts

[15:17:03] The Lime will not fit in the Coconut.

Inventory groups rock.

In all seriousness Wurm doesn't seem like the type of climate to be hospitable to palm trees does it? Would seem a bit out of place in my opinion. But then again we have unicorns...

+/-1

Coconut palms are very tolerant of sandy soil; I would like to see this new tree plantable directly onto sand tiles. There should also be a limit to the plantable elevation above the sea level, as this tree has a high water content and would be out of place further inland.

The harvestable fruits themselves would yield more liquid when processed, but using the fruit press seems improper; perhaps the coconut itself would be a re-fillable container which is full of liquid when harvested. For FSB storage, the coconut would become a container of liquid after the action to 'break' it open.

Coconut wood is also known to be strong, free of many imperfections, and has a fibrous elasticity which could lend itself well to certain special wood-type bonuses which we are already familiar with in Wurm.

In all seriousness Wurm doesn't seem like the type of climate to be hospitable to palm trees does it? Would seem a bit out of place in my opinion.

There is an existing mechanic where the color of harvested grapes is determined by your position being either north or south of the 'equator' of the map; there could be a limit to the plantable latitude in order to restrict them to the 'tropical' zone. The Wurm winters are probably short enough for these trees to survive each year.

Edit: I consider that the grape color center-line must not be a 'solar center' because I can't see how that would cause a difference in harvested color. The actual solar 'equator' must be in the center of either of the color zones, making the grape color determined by solar intensity; the opposite color zone must therefore be a cooler climate.

Edit: The Wurm sun does not move east to west, so the grapes must have other reasons.

Edited by Meldichoir

[15:17:03] The Lime will not fit in the Coconut.

Inventory groups rock.

In all seriousness Wurm doesn't seem like the type of climate to be hospitable to palm trees does it? Would seem a bit out of place in my opinion. But then again we have unicorns...

+/-1

Found them just lying around...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqtS9xyl0f4

Personally Im all for having having various altitudes and zones, aside from Wurm's zone (temperate?) Not to mention weather and temperature having more of an impact on gameplay.

Then there's all desert maps with sand/gravel/mountains and few if any water tiles, ocean maps with little atolls here and there, frozen north and southlands with maybe some tundra. The list can go on.

Edited by Klaa