Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Independence Mining Resources

I'm sure at one point or another we've all had those frustrating moments trying to find a specific ore or rock type when mining. Sometimes there are public mines nearby with the resources you need, and sometimes there aren't. Sometimes there are people online who can point you in the right direction, and sometimes there aren't.

This thread is designed to gather information from players to create a public mining resource map. If you live near a public mine, have created a public mine, or know of the whereabouts of a public mine, please do share that info here. Just like with the community map I ask that you try to pinpoint the location of the public mine and display it as if you were adding a deed to the registry. Along with that info please share what ore types and rock types there are. The resources available are:

Iron

Copper

Silver

Gold

Lead

Zinc

Tin

Marble

Slate

Also, and this is just extra, notify if this mine is mostly submerged or above water level.

Do NOT share any info regarding private mines. ONLY share info pertaining to public access mines.

Hopefully we'll get some good info coming in and I'll be able to make a map fairly soon. Thank you!

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 3

There... might be various mapping utilities kept by certain factions, consisting of resource locations and the like, especially on pvp servers.

I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of such :ph34r:

EDIT: Also according to Rolf iirc its all perfectly legal as long as the utility requires manual mapping updates from players. No auto-mapping.

Edited by Klaa

Haha my alliance used to have a map of our lands with the various mines marked as well, however I know a lot of newer players like to travel alone and don't belong to a village or an alliance and might have trouble finding such resources without guidance. Even after our alliance mines were mapped I still couldn't find resources such as lead, marble, gold and slate. Also all of our mines were private within the alliance which didn't really help newbies much. Hopefully this mapping project will be much more beneficial and receive a good amount of info from other veterans of the server. I would encourage everyone to help out gathering info!

Marble, gold, tin all available in public mines in or very near to the FM area, probably more, but would have to go look.

Marble, gold, tin all available in public mines in or very near to the FM area, probably more, but would have to go look.

Let me know specifics if you can please. I don't want to list vague information and locations.

• Like 1