Sign in to follow this  
MarkSilard

tuneling on low slopes opening 260+slopes deep mine entrance

Playing on Affliction with my alt. Tried to open cave entrance beneath some mountain  and getting weird results. Tunneling on 23 slope tile dropped down rock  under me for 240+ dirts and created 262 slope tunnel entrance:

Tile I was tunneling into in front of me:

3fz9iEy.jpg

23 slope right border, left one is even lower:
lLIw9AS.jpg

after i opened it, i slided down in cave:
KnRAQvx.jpg
IUPdGKU.jpg

Happened two times today. Also  trying to open tile with 38 slope left border and 48 slope right border, standing on flat dirt, with 90+ slope borders on tiles above and around tile i was trying to tunnel, was giving me messages:

The mountainside would risk crumbling. You can't open a hole here.  Occurs when attempting to create a mine entrance on a rock tile that is too steep. The maximum slope is 270.   Is  server  reading wrong slope values on tile borders while tunneling?

Edited by MarkSilard

I got severe wound from falling down after cave opened and troll killed me .  Managed to get back to spot so i took screenshot how it looks  after tunnel opened:

J5nuLT6.jpg

Also can not lead horse which was standing on tile from where i was tunneling. He is floating in air. Trying to lead it gives me msg:

17:55:58] You must be on the same floor level to lead.

ex09guU.jpg

There is no indication that some cataclismic event (which would include terraforming or such)event happened close by.

At the same location, I can stand on rock tile next to dirt and tunnel that tile, also dig dirt on same tile, which lowers rock height as it was dirt

This happens on Wurm Unlimited too. I got quite a shock today whilst trying to open the tunnel only for the mountain side to jolt upwards 641 steep..!

(can't use Steam screenshots here?)