Sign in to follow this  
Pinchaloaf

Remove Death Tabs and modify Nolocate

Remove the Death Tabs from Epic and modify the Nolocate spell to only work on jewelry. Especially now that all priests have Locate Soul.

Self casted Nolocate should not be a 100% chance to remain hidden and Death Tabs should not be an almost 100% chance to know someone's location.

Add a little bit of chance to the mix like it used to be. IMO, both additions to the game hinder PvP.

• Like 2

+1/0 to nolo, I like and hate it at the same time. Maybe make cast power=%, like how a ring is ring ql+power/2=%

-1 to death tab changes, I like how they are now and never felt something wrong with it

• Like 2

Nolocate should work like nolocate on rings.

-1 to removing death tab changes they encourage pvp.

Edited by Madrocks

I'm just not sure why we have Locate Soul if it is not going to work when some has the spell casted on their body. Just limited Nolocate to jewelry.

+1 to both

body cast nolo is ridiculous and has no counter (lol @ whichever wise ass says dispel) and death tabs discourage small group roaming (lol @ whichever wise ass says 20v3 is fun and enjoyable pvp)

Delayed death tabs and nolo jewelry only wouldn't be so bad.

how about death tab just be changed? like list of players who have killed a player...

jk playing from this deed was killed by  gary amberain shankiest oniichan

kingdom player, from whatever deed was killed by yadda yada

or kingdom player was killed by yadda yada

or 

roman villager was killed by yadda yada

since if someone in ur own kingdom was killed its green text. do it by village? or if no village, just stats the kingdom name? :)

I like death tabs, I think the map is big enough that its ok.

+1 nolo, I think make it able to be located through just like jewelry. Maybe a bit harder to locate through then jewelry or something, or only castable on jewelry. Having it so you can't get through at all is over powered. Also what proph said +1 the artifact should properly locate. It doesn't right now.

+1 for changing how death tabs are displayed and I would definitely be for removing locate soul and no locate, that's one of the main issues that forces small group or solo roaming.

• Like 1

no opinion on the locate, nolocate thing but far as death tab, I think some indication that a roaming band of murderers is moving through your kingdom is nice to have.

Not so nice for the roaming band of murderers I suppose but us peasants do appreciate the minor heads up.  It's also an indication to new players that yes, there's a war out there.  I'm never as motivated to build like a madman, dig trenches, beat pumpkins senseless, as when I see that death tab acting up.

Make changes to it if need be, but keeping some form of it and indication of kingdoms involved would be nice, imho.  Nothing wrong with advertising pvp on a pvp server is there?

I'd rather not remove locate soul, it has good uses outside of pvp too that also affect 'pve' use.  Finding your own corpse, finding someone's corpse, trying to find out where you or someone else is when they get lost, etc

• Like 2

I don't mind Locate Soul. I don't mind Nolocate. What I have a problem with is the 100% chance of knowing where someone is located (death tabs), and the 100% failure of locating someone (Nolocate on the body).

I just think that in a game of chances on just about everything, we have ways to absolutely eliminate that chance.

That's why I suggested limiting Nolocate to jewelry, even buff it a bit to make it harder to locate someone. And at the very least, delay the death tabs by 10 minutes or so.

Just make the buff cast power = the % to block locate and increase favor cost from 15 to something higher if necessary, but not too high.  Never understood why a much weaker and breakable casted ring needs 60 favor per cast but a 100% block cast is 15 favor.  Still against any death tab delay though, instant tabs has both upsides and downsides

how is the death tab giving other people someone's exact location?

I've been thinking it must be because JoeWurmian has been killed by x, y and z... so we can figure x, y and z are at JoeWurmian's deed?

Yeah Rey, its really easy to know with high enough accuracy, exactly where someone is as soon as the death tab pops.

you locate the dead person and it locates the corpse, thus giving exact location of the fight with no nolo interference (nolo doesn't work on corpses) @ Reylaark

you locate the dead person and it locates the corpse, thus giving exact location of the fight with no nolo interference (nolo doesn't work on corpses) @ Reylaark

carry corpse, can't locate it

remove nolo and locate soul

let eye of vyn still locate

YES

carry corpse, can't locate it

loot protection though, which leaves a decent enough window to locate considering how many people are priest mains now and there is almost always someone sitting at the token semi-afk on a bike

also corpses are heavy to carry in combat (chaos has no loot protection)

Edited by MisterTeddy

loot protection though, which leaves a decent enough window to locate considering how many people are priest mains now and there is almost always someone sitting at the token semi-afk on a bike

also corpses are heavy to carry in combat (chaos has no loot protection)

Sure you can locate but by the time you sail/ride to wherever it is, it's not like the people are going to sit there for 10-30+ minutes waiting to die