Sign in to follow this  
bigsteve

Automatic Sleep Bonus turn off...

When you stand around idle for 30mins or more.....

Again I forgot to turn of Sleep Bonus after a Meditation. lost 4hours :(

• Like 5

I don't mean for this to derail but why couldn't sleep bonus just apply to action timer?  I mean if it needs to be adjusted to balance that (lower cap, slower regen) then fine, but it seems like having it apply only to actions you're actually doing would solve that and there'd be less anxiety over min/maxing your usage of it.

• Like 2

What Vardoj says. We could then spend the day with sleep active and let all our skills grow more naturally, rather than hooking up a catheter, ordering an extra large pizza and doing a grind all night on one skill.

• Like 2

Sleep bonus is easier to 'protect' and easier to obtain than it ever was before.  Sure we could make it go even further, but I'm not sure it would make the game 'better' - it would just make it simpler.

• Like 2

+1 vardoj "This would change a lot and really put a good value on sleep powders, but it could be negative if they decided to remove the timers all together and convert it to actions, i'd be afraid of how many they limit it to so this might be a dangerous idea in the wrong hands"

+1 wurmhole for extra large pizza, should be implemented ASAP

• Like 1

Sleep bonus is easier to 'protect' and easier to obtain than it ever was before.  Sure we could make it go even further, but I'm not sure it would make the game 'better' - it would just make it simpler.

Totally agree Berris.  This is going too far into 'easy mode' when people ask for the game to track when they should and should not be using a luxury feature like sleep bonus.   :huh:

Yes I said luxury feature because you do not NEED it to gain skill it is something that increases your  gain but Wurm would function just fine without it.  :rolleyes:

I myself have done this numerous times but that is my fault for not managing this feature better not the games fault for not holding my hand enough.  ;)

• Like 2

What would folks think about keeping the toggling manual, but shortening the time between allowing the toggle?

Instead of five minutes, cut it down to... 2.5 minutes? 3?  Shorter the time span the better chance we have of remembering we turned it on, rather than turning it on for something in particular and a few minutes later having moved on to something completely different and thus forgetting.

Just an attempt at compromise.  Generally I try to have a number of things lined up to maximize use of those five minutes but I'm sure not everyone wants an organization simulator  ^_^   

sorry, as much as i hate to say it... making it so sleep bonus only works when action timer is going and making it turn off automatically takes away too much of the "player error" and allows people to be lazy and afk ingame more... yes you made a mistake and it cost you, learn from it and be more careful next time :)

edit: i think the only thing that should make sleep bonus turn off automatically is when the player enters "lost link" status while sleep bonus is active to help reduce sleep bonus loss when people have game crashes\\

Edited by Evilreaper
  • Like 1

-1 if you cant pay attention suffer.  btw it used to be worse with sb as it was always on.

When you stand around idle for 30mins or more.....

Again I forgot to turn of Sleep Bonus

Been there. Done that. +1