Sign in to follow this  
Fobok

Public Lead Mine?

I'm currently working on a rowboat so I can attend the Xanadu Impalong next month. However, one thing I'm missing, which I'll need as soon as I finish it, is an anchor. 

My deed mayor and I have prospected all around our area for lead, and come up with nothing. My mayor has even sailed me out to a couple of abandoned settlements he knew of to see if their mines had any lead, but there's none to be found.

So, I've come here to ask: Is there any public mines on Independence with a lead vein? Preferably in the North, near a shoreline? 

• Like 3

I know of one kind of near you.

jsNhGk2.png

The red X on that path there is a well next to the path an a mine entrance on the south side, just inside the entrance on the right there is a lead vein.

Otherwise, I do have 60+ prospecting so I could come to your mine and sniff for some lead if you'd like.  Or I also have a spare anchor if you want to skip all of that.  If you were to go into that mine and follow the tunnel south it comes out just north of my deed "Lochvale" on the north shore of Colossus Lake.

• Like 1

Another option is to ask in chat if anyone wants to barter something you can acquire lots of -- could be tree spouts, wool, nails, olives, woad, salt, low quality leather,  flowers, mixed grass,  tar, clay,  just something you tend to have in high supply and they do not have as easily.   You could offer to trade for unsmelted lead ores if you have a cart and can do the transporting part, that might bring out someone who can mine some out of their own mine but don't want to sit around smelting it down too. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

If you can make it to my deed at 36x,36y [near FM] i can give you a lead anchor, or all the lead in the world if you want for free.

• Like 1

Where in the north?

His signature says he is at Fort Buda, which is the upper right corner of the map in the second post 

There is one at the N Indy academy deed - it in the middle of Colossus lake, on the south shore (just across the marble bridge by the colossus). You can ask me (Seancarl) for directions if need be - its easy to find though - entrance is on the Academy deed, next to a guard tower - and lead vein is just a tile away from the entrance, with a forge and all.

Thanks for all the answers and the offers of help! 

Thanks to all for the offers about where to get some lead in the north of Independance.  Journeya's suggestion turned out to be the one we were able to access and the North Indy Academy deed turned out to be a nice place to visit.

Thanks for the good word - also I am feeling a little bad about being busy IRL at the time you came by, or I would have offered to help you make another anchor. So if you need help with an anchor just holler and I will help you make one.