Sign in to follow this  
sunsvortex

Money Redistribution "OPT OUT" option

I would like to have an option to "opt out" of the redistribution pools.

Meaning

I cannot find rare coins from any method

I may not purchase traders or any other future implementation of a system that allows in game coin to be withdrawn by a player.

I in no way shape fashion or form may have any means to withdraw from any existing pool

The other side of that

Any funds that I may spend on anything that would have those funds deposited into a redistribution pool are not added to any pool and are instead removed permanently from the game.

If people want to have all this redistribution stuff, fine. I want an option to opt out of this system. A little tick box somewhere I can choose to not contribute to the pools in any form.

• Like 2

Part of that plan should include not being able to pay for premium or deeds with in-game coins. Only actual cash from outside the game should work for paying for anything. It suits the same purpose, right? Making sure every transaction benefits the devs directly?

• Like 5

I beg to differ...

Having silvers redistributed into the game (in whatever way) means that those silvers can be used by people to pay their prem time or their deed (or part of it), and facilitates other people to pay for services from other people, that might use these silvers yet again to buy things from others or pay their own deed or premium time... without having to spend real money.

Isn't all this interaction bewteen players that makes Wurm what it is?

Else, pay for a CD, install on your PC whatever sandbox game you want to stick to yourself, and don't bother with a game that's based on community interaction.

• Like 1

I was under the impression that circulation stimulated an economy...

-1 the system works fine now

Part of that plan should include not being able to pay for premium or deeds with in-game coins. Only actual cash from outside the game should work for paying for anything. It suits the same purpose, right? Making sure every transaction benefits the devs directly?

Absolutely perfectly fine, with one exception. Id still need in game coin to pay other players for items and such. If that means we need to stick on I cant buy from merchants, or traders, perfectly fine by me, add it on.

Edited by sunsvortex

If I buy something from you can I demand (in addition to having the item) that you won't use the silvers in business with people that I don't consider my buddies? Because this is what you ask for from Rolf.

You already got what you paid for the moment that you paid the upkeep (time extension of your ownership on bought tiles). If you have a problem with Rolf's decision to reinject some coins back to the game you should go against this, not asking to have extra control on money that you spend.

I really don't get it.  You DON'T want to get any money from the redistribution?  It is the redistibution that makes the ingame money have any value.  In order for that to work, all players must participate.  Just like RL, how much value would any country's money have if folks just bartered instead?  And bartering was always a complicated process to get all the things you needed, that's why money was invented.

Besides, why is it your concern if Rolf isn't making as much money as possible from every player in the game?  He's obviously making enough to keep the game going, pay himself, pay a staff now, and still have some to invest back into the game.  Otherwise he would have taken such measures as you suggest a long time ago.  Why don't you worry about asking for bug fixes or new ideas to improve the gameplay, instead of worrying about the finances.

• Like 2

Also keep in mind its an option, theres no need to argue against it. Just a little tick box in the UI somewhere. If you want to contribute, by all means dont tick it, if however you really dont like the idea of subsidising other players, then by all means check the tick box and your good to go.

• Like 1

You already got what you paid for the moment that you paid the upkeep (time extension of your ownership on bought tiles). If you have a problem with Rolf's decision to reinject some coins back to the game you should go against this, not asking to have extra control on money that you spend.

Its my money, ill want as much control over it as I can get, and if i dont want to subsidise you that should be my choice.

Its my money, ill want as much control over it as I can get, and if i dont want to subsidise you that should be my choice.

no, it's Rolf's money actually

• Like 2

I think he is just now seeing that it does not matter traders, selling stuff or gathering/hunting there is always going to be someone out there maximizing the money they can make from the systems. Well that is life there is always going to be someone out there better than you at stuff or have more time then you.

-1 i think the developers have more important things to do 

• Like 1

I really don't get it.  You DON'T want to get any money from the redistribution?  (Correct) It is the redistibution that makes the ingame money have any value. (No Not at all) In order for that to work, all players must participate.  Just like RL, how much value would any country's money have if folks just bartered instead?  And bartering was always a complicated process to get all the things you needed, that's why money was invented.

Besides, why is it your concern if Rolf isn't making as much money as possible from every player in the game?  He's obviously making enough to keep the game going, pay himself, pay a staff now, and still have some to invest back into the game. (But yet all I hear are how he cant afford this or he cant afford that, so it must not be great) Otherwise he would have taken such measures as you suggest a long time ago.  Why don't you worry about asking for bug fixes or new ideas to improve the gameplay, instead of worrying about the finances.

I think he is just now seeing that it does not matter traders, selling stuff or gathering/hunting there is always going to be someone out there maximizing the money they can make from the systems. Well that is life there is always going to be someone out there better than you at stuff or have more time then you.

-1 i think the developers have more important things to do 

I think you should watch your mouth - I dont care in the slightest about whether or not there is a pool, what I see here are all the ones that are screaming at the mere thought that people could opt out and make thier own decisions about thier money and how it is used in the game.

If there were no pools all that money would go directly to the devs. Guess what, we could pay for more devs, or pay the ones we have now, You know what comes from paid devs - more content - less buggs - better quality everything -----a better game-----

What comes from subsidising players...Not a damn thing.

Edited by sunsvortex
  • Like 1

I thought that you had a deeper understanding of the market and the value of silver sunsvortex..

Get rid of the money sinks of premium and upkeep and you'll send the in-game value of silver to the bottom. Good luck finding anyone to make you bricks for 1or2s/1k or other bulk materials for a low price if such a thing happens. The only ones who would really profit from this would be the players selling silvers as they can adjust the rate that they ask for them based on their in-game value and they will have already raised the prices they ask for for the items that they sell to get the silver.

And good luck increasing the number of newbies sticking to the game by telling them that if they want to have fun=premium the only way is to use their credit cards when they already have to spend 20-30 seconds to nail a plank on wall.

• Like 1

Well good luck with your suggestion i guess no need getting upset over it though to be honest  *IT IS JUST A GAME*

• Like 1

I thought that you had a deeper understanding of the market and the value of silver sunsvortex..

Get rid of the money sinks of premium and upkeep and you'll send the in-game value of silver to the bottom. (I didnt say anything about getting rid of sinks, it ADDS them, as an example - If i pay my deed upkeep the % taken out and put in a pool is instead deleted. If a trader is an investment, wouldnt a better investment be for a player to pay for as much as possible with real cash?  Thats the investment I would make, because I know the money is going directly to the devs, not another player. No offense but I dont want to subsidise another player . There is no good reason to do this. If were going to call traders an investment, then I want another option to maximize my investment in the GAME, not another player. I am not looking for an investment that makes me money, im looking for an investment that makes the game money so that hopefully we can get better content, quality content and god forbid a few "options" The arguments about how this will affect silver prices are ridiculous. How is it that all the other MMO's out there that dont use pools have stable currencies? Surely if all the doom and gloom about currency crashing were true we could point to an example somehwere out there in a successful MMO, but nope, they all have pretty stable currencies. Eve AA EQ WOW.)ect ect ectGood luck finding anyone to make you bricks for 1or2s/1k or other bulk materials for a low price if such a thing happens. The only ones who would really profit from this would be the players selling silvers as they can adjust the rate that they ask for them based on their in-game value and they will have already raised the prices they ask for for the items that they sell to get the silver.

And good luck increasing the number of newbies sticking to the game by telling them that if they want to have fun=premium the only way is to use their credit cards when they already have to spend 20-30 seconds to nail a plank on wall.If Rolf wants to subsidise new players or any players for that matter, let him do it out of his own pocket, not mine.

Edited by sunsvortex

The money that you gave to Rolf is no longer yours. Rolf chooses to "subsidize" others and you choose not to be one of them.  I don't buy it that you can't find any coins at all by foraging or hunting so it's your choice to not try to get these coins through these mechanisms.

But if you really think that you have the right to choose what Rolf will do with the money that you give him (and get what he agreed to give you for them) then I want a small addition to the proposed feature:

A publicly accessible both in-game and in the forums list of deeds supporting and not supporting Rolf's choice of fund redistribution. Are you supposed to have extra rights on money that you spend? So does every wurmian who finds coins and they may not want to give them to someone who doesn't support this game mechanic and to do this they need a fast and efficient way to access this info.

PS. Reread what I wrote. Calm down and think clearly. You said about removing the ability to buy premium and pay upkeep with in-game money (wasn't that implied by your agreement to Lorrainej's post?) and I commented on this.

Less useful/popular money sinks = inflation. That's what I said and it's common sense.

I didn't tie the value of silver with the pools. You distorted what I said :wacko:.

Edited by Anothernoob
  • Like 1

The money that you gave to Rolf is no longer yours. Rolf chooses to "subsidize" others and you choose not to be one of them.  I don't buy it that you can't find any coins at all by foraging or hunting so( I never said I couldnt, and I can, its quite easily done, I have no issue finding them except when the pool is dry) it's your choice to not try to get these coins through these mechanisms.( Indeed it is I have no disagreement there)

But if you really think that you have the right to choose what Rolf will do with the money that you give him (and get what he agreed to give you for them) then I want a small addition to the proposed feature:

A publicly accessible both in-game and in the forums of deeds supporting and not supporting Rolf's choice of fund redistribution. Are you supposed to have extra rights on money that you spend? (Its not extra rights, its the ability to have some say in where my investment dollars go. Im not saying it has to be a specific something, it just doesnt get to go to another player)So does every wurmian who finds coins and they may not want to give them to someone who doesn't support this game mechanic and to do this they need a fast and efficient way to access this info.

PS. Reread what I wrote. You said about removing the ability to buy premium and pay upkeep with in-game money (wasn't that implied by your agreement to Lorrainej's post?) (Its an option, so dont check the tick box if you dont like it, all good??? The main point of that being I dont mind at all to pay for everything with real cash, I have no problem with it at all, if that means I have to give up a few things, so be it, If it gets too much ...its a tick box...untick it.)and I commented on this.

Less useful/popular money sinks = inflation. That's what I said and it's common sense.

I didn't tie the value of silver with the pools. You distorted what I said.

Edit: to see what i was quoting..

If Rolf wants to subsidise new players or any players for that matter, let him do it out of his own pocket, not mine.

I am sorry but i can not help myself here..

He is doing it with his own money it stopped being your money when you purchased it from the shop really and for sure when you put it in your deeds upkeep. 

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 3

Edit: to see that i was quoting..

If Rolf wants to subsidise new players or any players for that matter, let him do it out of his own pocket, not mine.

I am sorry but i can not help myself here..

He is doing it with his own money it stopped being your money when you purchased it from the shop really and for sure when you put it in your deeds upkeep. 

No its not, its pool money that is being distributed around - its a slush fund for players that he is using. If he wants to subsidise them the let him open his wallet, take out his cc and purchase silver from the store and then subsidise with that. As long as that money is in that pool then a % of it is mine, how much is determined by me, so it is my money. And I dont want to subsidise players with it.

Edited by sunsvortex

No its not, its pool money that is being distributed around - its a slush fund for players that he is using. If he wants to subsidise them the let him open his wallet, take out his cc and purchase silver from the store and then subsidise with that. As long as that money is in that pool then a % of it is mine, how much is determined by me, so it is my money. And I dont want to subsidise players with it.

He is. He made the pool out of his money that we paid him for upkeep but decided to take part of what we pay him for upkeep and give some of it back to us. (he does not have to he chooses too)  

He could change it tomorrow and keep it all and stop the pool does that mean we lose our money that was in the pool? No it was his when we paid the upkeep and it will always be his. 

• Like 2

suns... I'm confused.. :wacko:

reread YOUR first post and then your last answer to me and you'll see why.

My opinion on the list of those who choose to click checkbox and who don't still stands.

Edited by Anothernoob

He is. He made the pool out of his (OUR MONEY)money that we paid him for upkeep but decided to take part of what we pay him for upkeep and give some of it back to us.(So it is our money by his choice. He gives it back by his own choice) (he does not have to he chooses too)  

He could change it tomorrow and keep it all and stop the pool does that mean we lose our money that was in the pool?(Yes, because by putting money in that pool in the first place he by default gave it  to us, how much is determined by each player, so it is everyones money as everyone has access to it.) No it was his when we paid the upkeep and it will always be his. Actually its more like a bank, if I give a bank my money does that mean its theres, nope it doesnt. Will they take a certain % in fees as thiers, yep. Do I have access to that money, yep, Will the bank make loans to other people using my money, yes they will -for a profit- as it keeps the bank alive and stable. The pool does not do this, it only gives out money to other players IE subsidizing other players. I dont want to bank here, its a loosing proposition, its not stable, its not for profit, Its forcibly subsidizing other people with my money.

I want an option to opt out.

I do not want to use the money I pay this game to go to other players who cannot in any shape form or fashion do anything whatsoever to benifit the game. If I need a service from another player I can pay them directly, not constantly subsidize them.

Edited by sunsvortex