Sign in to follow this  
Bachus

Simple Trading System

Everyone seems to think Traders need a total overhaul and some aspects do need change but with a few tweaks they can work.

1. Instead of draining have them by selling them items no one would want to buy have them deposit an amount determined by the activity of the trader into the a fund drawn from the trader's owner (just like merchants).

2.  Give them the ability to sell things just as merchants instead of an automatic value not inline with what people will actually pay for them let people determine value.

3.  Make the items placed on the trader available through all other traders on the server.  Just like a merchant but the trader takes a much larger percentage of profits for taxes and delivery. (20%)

This would make them true traders and end the need to lock them away.

It would also end the need to clot them up with nearly useless items that are so Overpriced that no one would buy them unless they were getting the money back.

The trader system as it is always seemed silly to me because 90% of them are locked in a shack only trading with one person and still manages to get more money than that one person gives them. :rolleyes:

This would not replace the current merchant system because they would still cost 50 silver to place and the items put on them would most likely be much higher than regular merchants.  Also it would allow sellers to see what others on their server are selling similar items for leading to a stabilization of prices.

Restrictions on placing could stay the same but I would prefer they be limited to one per account needing premium membership to place or receive funds from the trader. If premium time expires for the placer then cannot access funds from it.

The only difficult major change would be the the server wide sales screen perhaps divided by categories for easy use. ;)

• Like 3

Another positive aspect of this system is that it would greatly decrease a lot of the negativity toward those who have invested in traders.

Bump

Because it seems like they are looking for suggestions atm.

bump since they are gain asking for suggestions to improve the game.

Everyone seems to think Traders need a total overhaul

I do not

I don't like this idea and considering this thread is almost a month old with nobody else replying I think that means nowhere near everyone supports this

maybe its not lack of support but lack of faith.

many things have been suggested to improve trading.

my favorite being an auction system.

Rolfs response to the auction system?

That it would take too long to code...

ill just stop talking now...

I like the idea that a trader would function as an auction house but on the condition that it would come with a timer for each item.

• Like 1

maybe its not lack of support but lack of faith.

many things have been suggested to improve trading.

my favorite being an auction system.

Rolfs response to the auction system?

That it would take too long to code...

ill just stop talking now...