Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Positioning bug and wagon horses and bridges (can't dismount, can pick up)

It is well known that we have a positioning bug in this game of two tiles back and one to the right.  It is evident when people cannot hit the mobs from the back of your cart, get stuck in buildings, fall through walls and so forth.  It is incredibly annoying and has been reported time and again.  I believe it seeped into game around wagons came and were two tiles wide and then were changed back to being one tile wide to allow for travel though gates and in between walled one tile wide roads.

Now this bug is probably causing heaps of other problems too.  My wagon horses must also be experiencing the exact same bug.  How do I know?  They stand inside a doughnut house on all enchanted grass inside my deed and they pack tiles inside my actual house (where I have just normal grass) two tiles behind and one tile to the right of the horses.  Last week, two of my horses - cared for btw - got diseases while on the enchanted grass.  One died.  They were never off the enchanted grass, they were always on it yet got skinny and diseased.  This is while being cared for and on enchanted grass their whole lives.  The positioning bug most probably caused them to eat grass, which then wasnt there as they were looking for it two tiles behind and one tile to the right of where they were standing.  I have heard others tell stories of how horses pack tiles in adjacent locked camps through walls.  This needs to be addressed urgently.

Note that you also cannot examine hitched animals in wagons, even though it looks like you are standing right inside of them, you get error message "you are too far to do this".  More proof that wagon horses are not in the server where the client shows them to be.

This bug also causes the same issue with our bugged bridges, as the client thinks you are on the bridge (and shows it on your screen) yet the server knows you are not and most probably floating in mid air next to the actual bridge, two tiles behind and one tile to the right of where the client shows you:

You cannot lead horses on a bridge, you lose them and cannot relead them.  You are not on the same bridge as them yet you are...

You cannot drop stuff and pick it back up from a bridge, you are not on the same bridge as dropped item, yet you are....

You cannot dismount and remount on a bridge, you are not on the same bridge as your cart or horse, yet you are....

PLEASE FIX THE ANNOYING POSITIONING BUG URGENTLY ON BOTH PLAYERS AND ANIMALS (I think horses/bison in wagons are affected here).

• Like 6

+1

Please look into these bugs  we get attached to our horses and pets we have  been lucky with special names that mean something to us as well and we try everything to preserve and  keep those things to us in game only to have them  wiped out at no fault of our own.

I'm pretty certain that is the whole problem with bridges. The client sees you on the bridge. The server sees you floating beside it. How the server and the client can't agree on where you are but neither corrects each other is strange and it's been like this for at least a year. A rare cart is even worse than a plain one and a supreme is worse than any of them.

Bump, please look into the positioning bug.

Tonight a cart and one horse went into a pen where a door was, driver did not have permission to go through the door of the writ and the door was locked, yet the cart and horse went into the pen through the door, then the driver was thrown off the cart and could no longer embark the cart as driver.  Could also not enter the house as was not on the writ.  Support ticket had to be placed.  Horse and cart was on the other side of a locked door inside a locked pen.  Please fix this as a matter of priority.  It costs lives and property, and it will cost Wurm players.