Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Exit survey

One thing I've found Wurm completely lacking is any form of exit survey.

May help CC know why people are leaving since goodbye threads are simply an opening for all the trolls to run rampant, and feedback beyond the "inner circle" what/whoever that's made up of is should clear some interrogatives up for Rolf.

Cheers

• Like 8

+1 agreed. Implementing something along these lines might increase player count in the future if the devs notice a trend as to why people aren't playing the game anymore.

It'd definitely be something worth trying, though it wouldn't be perfect (people who leave for a specific reason that might make them angrier would be more likely to leave feedback, whereas people who we lose gradually less so, and so survey results still wouldn't be entirely representative of the players who leave.)

I don't know if this would be of much value. Whenever some "exit" survey pops up I will just check to most convenient answer to get rid of it and be on my way. Sometimes if I am really dissatisfied I will check what I think would be the least applicable reason. Point being, if I am dissatisfied with whatever game, program, subscription, service, I am not very likely to provide them with any helpful accurate information. Good riddance and don't slow down my departure, is more my response.

=Ayes=

• Like 2

These are generally only useful if you have a game with a recurring subscription that auto bills you monthly. Those situations, you have to do a specific action to "end" the game, thus prompting an exit survey to pop up. In wurm, you sell off your stuff and simply walk away.

Great suggestion, but no practical way to impliment, other than setting up an "iquitwurm@wurmonline.com" email address and advertising it in the client and on forums.

• Like 2

True.... guess an email from notpayinganymore@wurmonline.com could be set to autosend when someone's prem runs out, considering there's one set to "warn" one of the last week of prem... 

• Like 3

+1 Nice idea - just wonder how many of those quitting will bother to find the form and state why...

+1 Nice idea - just wonder how many of those quitting will bother to find the form and state why...

personally love giving constructive feedback when I quit a game. I would hope others do if given the opportunity.

+1

It might highlight a key issue that the community at large has missed.  It might do absolutely nothing, you never know until you try.

In a game like Wurm people just don't login any more, hard to ask them a question when they cannot hear you. Beside, I'm sure that Rolf and the team have a good idea about why old players leave - or more importantly - why new players leave the game. No need to bother them with e-mails asking for a survey when you already know the answers.

• too slow
  • too hard
  • too buggy
  • graphics not good enough
  • not enough content (as in scripted content)
  • it costs RL money

pretty much covers all the reasons why new players leave. See, no survey needed. :)

Funny, you didn't cover a single one of my reasons in your guesslist =)