Sign in to follow this  
Zekezor

Mission/Scenario Polishing

Rightie.... The scenario/mission system is many years old but its still feels kinda halfdone in certain aspects.

Especially the new PMR gods missions which pretty much noone touches atm.

So with that said, here is some new stuff to improve it.

1)

fix the bug where missions status doesn't switch between enemy/everyone when gods alignment does. (this causes missions to appear doable or undoable while being the opposite)

2)

Add colour to the mission progress bar.

Red-shaded bar colour for enemy missions.

Green-shaded bar colour for missions you have participated in.

Available missions that a player hasn't been participated in remains the same as before.

In other words:

Mission%20progress.png VS Mission%20progress2.png

It will allow players to quickly identify available missions and easier keep track of the current mission they are doing and also quickly know if they have received sleep bonus from it.

Also add a 1 or 2 pixel blue line showing how much you have participated instead of a brand new line.

Mission%20progress4.png

3)

Increase the reward of larger construction projects such as pylons. It's a high difficulty (in other words high fail chance) construction involving 4250 material and terraforming. It takes multiple hours of constructing it and in most cases you are exposed to the enemy during this time.

Also divide the scenario points among all participants based on contribution. There is already a list for this... The already excisting plaques. (the plaques list a bit too many players though with no participation... but thats another bug to fix)

b8ac2189fa.png

4)

Greatly increase the scenariopoints/karma of missions that has settlement draining as a requirement and distribute it equally among all players in local that are of the same kingdom as the drainer.

5)

If a person doing a valrei structure ritual or tower ritual mission is in a group: Then equally distribute scenario points/karma among the group.

6)

Double the rewards of enemy homeserver missions. Increase rewards by half on Elevation. (risk vs reward and promoting pvp)

7)

Split scenario point pools of diffrent gods in the spell list.

8)

Upon hovering over the scenario point pools currently this is displayed "Scenario Points is a beneficial effect caused by players"... Replace it with information that actually says what it is to newbies.

Like "Scenario points are rewarded from missions and have the chance of giving valrei items at the end of a scenario on Epic"

8)

Upon hovering over one of the scenario point pools, add a secondary displayed line with the ammount of tickets and the ammount of points to the next ticket and the karma generated from the scenario missions.

"Tickets (4), Next ticket (643 points), Karma gained (6700)"

sidenote for devs: you only need the already excisting scenario points number to calculate all these things client-sided.

9)

Get a ingame valrei map going... ya know... the WIP one posted earlier :)

All the coding excist already and you can borrow some placeholder icons untill proper ones are made if need be :)

Overall I think this will heighten the desire to participate in missions (even if its a PMR god, cuz of that sweet 30min sleep bonus). Especially the more difficult/hostile missions that a lot of people currently pass on. And just in general make valrei and missions feel more complete.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 9

OMG YAS

I'd +1 this post alllllll night long. I currently rarely participate in the missions other than hunting animals and the easier stuff like that cause I don't want to keep track of all this junk, who I have pts for, how many tickets I have etc etc etc. Also I'm a and don't participate in the pylon missions because it doesn't benefit me. One person gets the 1000 scenario pts (way too low for a building that takes so much time) all for what? The possible chance to get pvp if an enemy has to do a ritual mission on our pylon and the small chance that our pylon generate a ritual mission itself? No thank you. Everything Zeke outlined is exactly what I know a lot of people want.

The changes that affect Chaos/Freedom I agree with, I do not play Epic so I can not comment on the changes that affects them directly but they don't look bad so I'd agree with them too.

Definitely change the reward for the construction missions!!

Double the rewards of enemy homeserver missions. Increase rewards by half on Elevation. (risk vs reward and promoting pvp)

Everything else seems okay except this.  There's just a lot harder expectations on Home servers, enemies aren't that familiar with the land, it'll take some hours upon hours just to find the right tower, and really only for a 1-3 to get the rewards.  The Home missions don't get that done on enemy servers simply because of no information of the lands and location, not really the risk.  We go to MRH/BLH to do missions there when we know where it is.  

I wanted to say that the larger (or all) construction missions, such as pylons - The reward could be 1 scenario point per every 2 attachments or so. Considering it already calculates how much each player contributes in terms of # of attachments.. Those pylons are a beast to build.

+1 to everything in this post. +1 to promoting pvp!

it'll take some hours upon hours just to find the right tower, and really only for a 1-3 to get the rewards. 

5)

If a person doing a valrei structure ritual or tower ritual mission is in a group: Then equally distribute scenario points/karma among the group.

:)

Right, but really what you're saying is Home server missions are more dangerous than Elevation.  Which to me isn't the case.  Is it further?  Sure.  Is it all enemy lands?  Sure.  However lets be honest, there's little risk going to a Home server now.  They aren't nearly as populated.  It's much harder to go drain a deed on Elevation via a mission than a Home server, but you're saying that it's twice as hard on Home, and less hard on Elevation.  

1.  At the least maybe some kind of a refresh option on right click, but there seems to be some bugs with gods pretending to be other gods, which leads to the double missions etc

2. I don't care about the colors, but a divider showing your progress would be nice instead of an extra bar, there's too many bars already including those N/A ones...

3. Mmmm divide properly yes, not sure how I feel about more rewards, considering you can just build a pylon etc right outside your deed if you are in the proper location

4. Honestly... I would remove drains.  I'd say its safe to say most people aren't going to be randomly setting up and executing a raid on a populated capital deed within a general 3 or less day timer.  Noob deeds will fall victim because they're easy targets, and I don't think that's a good idea

5. I have to say no.  People in the "aoe" or local(?) of the ritual get 1 karma/point, 30 min sb and 1 rank which is fine.  Points/karma get split properly when there are more people required to do the ritual, which is why I have to say no it's fine as is.  Just high number rituals (like 7+? or something) bug out and don't give reward(s)

6. Two years ago I would agree with you.  But in the last few years I have seen personally and by others how easy it is to do many tower missions on enemy home servers, even more so with nolo

7. Yes, something like this would be nice, since points are indeed split between gods.  The server already knows what the different points are and to which god, so it's already "started"

8. User friendliness, could be nice

9. Don't care either way

Ultimately incentives won't change a whole lot for the dangerous or enemy area missions.  Incentives isn't going to make me grab some friends and go raid Aegytpus and do the mission right now, because we know it's incredibly high risk and probably suicide, basically no incentive can cover that

Right, but really what you're saying is Home server missions are more dangerous than Elevation.  Which to me isn't the case.  Is it further?  Sure.  Is it all enemy lands?  Sure.  However lets be honest, there's little risk going to a Home server now.  They aren't nearly as populated.  It's much harder to go drain a deed on Elevation via a mission than a Home server, but you're saying that it's twice as hard on Home, and less hard on Elevation.  

Hmmm.... good point.