Sign in to follow this  
Pandalet

Mission page needs some updating

The page on Valrei missions could use a bit of update: http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Mission

In particular, the rewards section seems a bit off - I think there was something about the white cup or something as well?  I'm not sure that ascended player characters are still unplayable, either.  Unfortunately, I don't have any actual experience to offer on this.  If it's actually correct, please disregard this :).

Longer term, the specific missions could be fleshed out a bit - for example, a common question in CA is whether the trees in cut-the-tree missions can be in perimeter or not.  Also, the sacrifice mission could be linked to the sacrificing page.  And the hidden item mission could give some idea of where said hidden items may be found.

• Like 1

I think there was something about the white cup or something as well? No reward called a "White Cup"

I'm not sure that ascended player characters are still unplayable,either. Players ascended to goodhod / demigod hood still can play, so yes, that needs to be edited.

Unfortunately, I don't have any actual experience to offer on this.  If it's actually correct, please disregard this :).

The wiki also states that the Red Cherry is the item that ascends you, this is incorrect as the "Key to the Heavens" is what makes you a demi god, the red cherry just gives you a title / spell/ buff & debuff

Key to Heavens, that's what I was thinking of - no idea where the white cup came from...

• Like 1

So...

You may be rewarded with demi-god status if your deity has collected the cherry token from the gameboard

Should be changed to 

You may be rewarded with demi-god status if your deity has collected the Key to the Heavens from the gameboard (And any other reference to cherry token replaced)

And change the blurb about not being able to play on an ascended character.

Any other changes that can be made now? I will try to poke some Epic veterans to see about getting confirmed information (which is the best kind). I don't have much personal experience on Epic, except for failing hard at playing on there. So any information that is known to be wrong should be removed, information that is uncertain should stay for now, and information that can be confirmed or has been confirmed should be added. 

Kinda late reply since I don't really check here often, but this page is a fair bit more up to date as I did quite a bit of editing to it, but just never cared enough to finish everything I wanted to do yet

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Scenarios

So maybe better off getting rid of the mission page and using that, or some combination, but only need one page

Maybe get "missions" page to redirect to "scenarios" and have a mission header which shows what missions are and what different types there are or make the mission page a sub of scenarios and take out all the duplicate text and leave only stuff regarding missions possibly add more info like links to each object that can built etc

Both pages are relevant.  The mission page is useful for Freedom players, where most of the scenario stuff doesn't exist (and they have no influence on what happens on Valrei), but would like to gain some SB and/or karma.  Perhaps rewrite the scenario page to incorporate the mission page info, and flesh out the mission details.  The current scenario page could also use some separation into Freedom and Epic sections, or at least make it clearer which bits apply to which.  Also, the scenario page doesn't include any of the player gods.

You may be rewarded with demi-god status if your deity has collected the cherry token from the gameboard. If this happens the player will become an ally of their deity and guard a random area on the gameboard like the existing Immortals. If the demi-god survives long enough for their deity to win another scenario with the cherry token, there is the chance that they will be raised to full godhood, becoming a deity in their own right. If this happens, the player-god will have it's own religion enabled for other players to follow, complete with spells. The player-god can also move around the board in the same manner as the existing gods.

All references to the cherry are incorrect and need to be changed to Key of the Heavens.

Current information suggests that as demi-god or god your account will become unplayable. The god status was more favorable when there were plans to reset servers at the end of a scenario. Now that's no longer the case this 'reward' may no longer be relevant.

Demi-god and god player accounts remain playable after ascending.

Edited by Firestarter

Seeing as missions are on both servers, but scenarios are only on epic, then perhaps we need to strip out information pertaining to scenarios from the Mission page and keep the two relevant to their respected topics. We can link to Scenarios from Missions for more information, but perhaps having both in one can be a bit confusing and overwhelming for the newbie who wants to know what a mission is on Freedom.

My lack of experience on Epic means I am wary to change the Scenarios page. Maybe Gary can keep on that.

For the missions page:

Description

A short description about what a mission is, and a brief mention to scenarios with a link there. A mention to how they are unique to the server and can be done by anyone and that their difficulty can vary.

Mission Types

Describe the various known mission types, including the ones available on Chaos. This should be the same as what is available on Epic.

Example: "Sacrifice 100 pigs" - mention and link to the sacrificial knife.

Rewards

Describe the rewards: 1,000 Karma divided up between each action required to finish, and the sleep bonus rewards. I would need information on Epic-specific rewards here, if any. Scenario rewards should go on that page.

Any other information that any of you feel is vital? I may start this edit tonight.