Sign in to follow this  
Anothernoob

Mine Doors with Frame for Easier Management

Have you ever tried to manage a door but can't do so once you are close? Have you tried to bash one but you couldn't see it because it opened to you (the owner)?

A good solution could be to have new models for mine doors (they're a bit old aren't they?) which will have some form of a door frame that is still clickable when the door opens.

Or

if a door frame could cause issues with collisions we could use some visible hinges while we are inside the mine.

• Like 5

Or the border tile knowing a door is there would even work.

+1 to anything that resolves this

Ok on all other doors then rock.

I agree rock doors benefit is that they are invisible so it would not be good for them but on all others it would be a great help.

The frame for the rock doors can appear only when the rock door opens. After all their existence is betrayed the moment that they open even with the current models.  Rock doors can benefit from the change without sacrificing their camouflage. This is why I said that hinges should appear only when you are inside the mine.

Edited by Anothernoob
  • Like 1

You can now manage mine doors from the second tile away, so they no longer vanish from needing to be on the same tile as before.

=Ayes=

If you approach it first before managing you will have to go back several tiles before it closes again. Backing off doesn't solve the problem of bashing either (you have to remove yourself from the door and hope that you'll demolish it before you need to get back in the mine now).

Sure we have tricks that work but a more straightforward solution is always better. The proposed solution would solve both and replace some old forgotten models.

Edited by Anothernoob
  • Like 2

You can now manage mine doors from the second tile away, so they no longer vanish from needing to be on the same tile as before.

=Ayes=

Can't bash them to change from say stone to wood though. It says you are too far away.

+1

I hope that one day this great conundrum is resolved

The permission rework will let you manage them by right clicking your profile then picking manage> Manage mine Doors.(I think that's the order, not in game yet.)

That should make it easier once it is in game.

• Like 3

that is going to be sweet.  For me, I frequently have to back away 10+ tiles, before the client "releases" the open door look, so I can approach it again and try managing.