Sign in to follow this  
NuMaiky

Armour Stand Display Each Armor Type ( Poll )

Armour Stand  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Want The Armor Stand To Show All Armor Type's?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

hello there

I am making this today to ask the players too see if they also want the same thing I want

I am looking into the Armor Stand I would like too see if players want this item to display each Armor type placed on it
Chain for chain Leather for leather
plate for plate
you get the point I think this is a good idea and would show more of art into someone's house

please leave the poll and state a comment

• Like 7

There are cloth, leather, studded leather, adamantine , glimmersteel , seryll, iron, steel, copper, bronze, silver and gold chainmail, plate,   drake , and dragon armor.

That's a lot of different looks for one armor stand.

And what happens when you mix the contents of the stand ?

im assuming its out of the question to show a mix of armors, so probably should be defined by the first chest piece put in there

can be done on character should be able to do it on stand too

• Like 1

has a point being that you can put them meaning they already have the Effects they just need to add it to an item its a super easy fix

Have a special "mixed" skin for mixed armor. Always the same when you mix anything.

• Like 1

Or they could just have it show the armor that has the most pieces. like 5 chain and 2 leather would still show as chain, since the majority in it are chain.

• Like 2

+1 pls add this NOW !!!!

I think the stand should have a menu like the large shop signs.....drop down menu, pick what type of armour to show and fill it with that armour....job done.

Doing it this way would be a lot easyer on the Dev's to code than getting the armour stand to pick what to show based on armour type it has stored inside.

We really need this if we are going to have a truly good looking  armoury.

If you want this in-game pls remember to like the OP at the top.... it shows the Dev's how many players want it :P

Edited by Garit
  • Like 1

would be cool.  I would imagine it's something they meant to get to from the start.

Makes sense to have a particular piece of armor dictate type shown.  Chest piece makes sense since that's what shows up.

Boots might work better since you can only fit one pair of boots in there, if I remember correctly.  That might be completely wrong though.

There are cloth, leather, studded leather, adamantine , glimmersteel , seryll, iron, steel, copper, bronze, silver and gold chainmail, plate,   drake , and dragon armor.

That's a lot of different looks for one armor stand.

And what happens when you mix the contents of the stand ?

All the textures for all the armor are already in the game.

How hard would it be to show the same texture for each individual piece on the stand, regardless of armor type?

All the textures for all the armor are already in the game.

How hard would it be to show the same texture for each individual piece on the stand, regardless of armor type?

• I'm thinking right now it's just two images.  Empty or Full (full being one thing in it at least).

• If they add more armor types, it can still be Empty or Full.  Though it would now have to read the contents and either look for a particular piece of armor, or count number and style of each armor piece, to determine what single image to display as armor stand (leather, studded, chain, etc.)

• For it to show each individual piece, it would have to segregate the graphic into many individual "hitboxes" if you will.  You're now checking empty or full 9 times per stand every time it is open then closed (boot, boot, pants, chest, sleeve, sleeve, glove, glove, helmet).  Read and return appropriate individual graphic for each individual piece on each stand.

I'm no expert and barely an amateur, but it seems like that would be a much more demanding system wouldn't it?  It's done for players, but every player can have unlimited number of armor stands.

Edit for afterthought:  second scenario would also need defaults for 1) determinant armor piece missing, and/or 2) equal count of differing armor styles (2 leather gloves, 2 chain gloves).  

Edited by Reylaark
  • Like 1

IMO, it would be easier to 'craft' different types of armor stand. 

Tailor's Stand

Leatherworker's Stand

Chainsmith's Stand

Platesmith's Stand. In all cases, when empty, shows the same object. Then, depending on what type it is, shows Clothing, Studded Leather, Chainmail, or Platemail, with no single care as to what type of armor is into them at all. 

Edit: Or at the very least, use the same stand, but have a button to chose which armor type displays. gives people abit more choice in decoration, without adding TOO MUCH clutter to the system.

Edited by Delisira

Want The Armor Stand To Show All Armor Type's

Yes!

Had been wanting this ever since armor stands were announced in the works.

Had sort of assumed it would happen when worn armor became visible. Offhand seemed like the implementations would be similar.