Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Announcing Niarja Skill Compare

Hrm not sure I like having to upload the entire skill dump. Unless this is really not a concern. Have only read over the instructions, and have yet to actually upload anything.

One thing I liked about the older WOS was the ability to edit out skills I didn't even trust to let the site's manager to possibly have access to (for example the old WOS site was run by a JK while I played as BL and MR).

Granted there were those who grossly inflated their levels.

To this date i still have not let anyone know skills from WoS that wasn't public. But i sure understand your trust issue. :)

To this date i still have not let anyone know skills from WoS that wasn't public. But i sure understand your trust issue. :)

Sure nothing personal. I just don't even let village and kingdom mates know certain skills. Never even posted logs.

Found such to be quite useful.

It looks like a nice tool but the compare function isnt really too exact. The biggest part of players who post their dumps there are actually pretty high skilled players. The newer players are more likely to never even find out about this page. 

Sorry if something like this has been posted before

Edited by kekstier

Now everyone can login and export data from WOS. You might be able to import that data to Niarja Skill Compare soon.

• Like 2

WOS now has an option to export your old skill dumps. Within the next day or so ill write the code and you'll be able to import those into Niarja! Thanks riceri.

• Like 1

It looks like a nice tool but the compare function isnt really too exact. The biggest part of players who post their dumps there are actually pretty high skilled players. The newer players are more likely to never even find out about this page. 

Sorry if something like this has been posted before

This isn't intended to have complete data for every player on Wurm Online. If you think about it, Niarja will never be truly "Complete" if players have the option to hide their skills, either. The main goal is to give an easy way for people to visualize their skills with a VERY simplified view of their skillgain between skill dumps. Secondary goals involve letting people share their skills with other players, compare with other players, etc. It's all stuff you don't have to opt-in to if you don't want to.

Very nice work there. I have one suggestion. I uploaded by mistake a dump from my non-prem time and it makes bad "bump" in graphs. Would it be possible to either selectively delete 1 dump or re-upload it (I manually corrected all that 20.0 in 1st column with numbers from 2nd column). Or use 2nd column by default :)

Very nice work there. I have one suggestion. I uploaded by mistake a dump from my non-prem time and it makes bad "bump" in graphs. Would it be possible to either selectively delete 1 dump or re-upload it (I manually corrected all that 20.0 in 1st column with numbers from 2nd column). Or use 2nd column by default :)

The ability to delete certain skill dumps will be added shortly. For now, I can fix that for you manually.

Edit: Done.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 2

Hey friends, interest check to figure out how I should allocate my time: How many of you would be interested in exporting your skills from Riceri's ROS and into Niarja? Riceri has provided a data export and I want to know if I should work on the importing part or place a higher priority on other new features.

Here you go WKM

Your blacksmith keeps getting higher while mine is staying stationary. Soon, you'll have beaten me in that too.  :P 

Then, the only things i'll have over you is taunting and catapults.

Edited by As_I_Decay

I'd figure there'd be higher blacksmiths out there.  Are they hiding in the woodworks as they laugh at the rest of us mortals?

I'd figure there'd be higher blacksmiths out there.  Are they hiding in the woodworks as they laugh at the rest of us mortals?

Nearly 50 people with 90+ blacksmithing is good enough for me!

Nearly 50 people with 90+ blacksmithing is good enough for me!

I was told multiple people had hit 100 BS before, though O_o.  No names, of course.

Was I lied to!?!

Everybody go home. Becket has already won this thread. ;)

Your blacksmith keeps getting higher while mine is staying stationary. Soon, you'll have beaten me in that too.  :P 

Then, the only things i'll have over you is taunting and catapults.

Not much I can do about BS skills unless you want to take over restocking our merchants.

You will always have taunting and catapults they aren't even on my radar to grind.

The ability to delete certain skill dumps will be added shortly. For now, I can fix that for you manually.

Edit: Done.

Very nice detective work, tnx :D

Btw u made my day when I log in and saw new Total Skill Points graph and under it that I have 497 more skills than average player after just 6 months of prem  B)

You will always have taunting and catapults they aren't even on my radar to grind.

Lol, thanks!!! 

• Like 3

Seems really nice - just uploaded Berris, will add Puffincat at some point :)  

I was wondering if you could see player counts on a longer run than 24 hours? 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year?

just uploaded my skills, still shows my chainsmithing at 99.995, but my latest dump was 99.997