Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Bridge Record-Holders

Ever since the update that added our most anticipated feature, bridges have been springing up all over the place in Wurm, and the interest doesn't seem to be dwindling.  With that in mind, I thought it might be nice to compile a record-book of such for the largest bridges created in Wurm to date.

If you're interested to see how your bridge project fairs compared to the efforts of others please do comment and give the Intel regarding your creation.  The information I'm collecting is fairly simple, and with it I'll compile a list of the top record bridges depending on category. 

This is what I need from you:

1. Bridge material (Rope, Wooden, Stone, Marble)
  2. Bridge format (Flat or Arched or Sag %)
  3. How many bridge segments
  4. Total length of the bridge (segmented and single segment bridges will be listed separately)
  5. Bridge Width (1,2,3)
  6. Flat bridge height (specify over water or just over land)
  7. Arched bridge height  (specify over water or just over land)
  8. Amount of materials used total (not including any dirt for dirt spires/ramps)
  9. Bridge name

The different categories of records along with which bridges hold the records will be updated in 1 week from today.  As new bridges are built and surpass old records, the records will be updated.

I hope this will be a fun little bit of competition for everyone and an interesting insight into the massive projects of others.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 4

Hi my in game name is Unluckyone, my friend and i completed our Flat bridge. (Hellsgardian & Unluckyone).
5 segments each about 29-30 tiles long.
The start is at Bimini bay the first tower is 3 floors.
The rest is all in the water each tower is 4 floors.
The end is at xanadu market island 3 floors. Bridge is approx 148 Tiles long.
Connects Four islands all over the water.

See Bidge here
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytjU8qsEiDo

Edited by Ginodeal
  • Like 3

Hi my in game name is Unluckyone, my friend and i completed our Flat bridge. (Hellsgardian & Unluckyone).

See Bidge here

Edited by Slickshot

See Bidge here

Edited after watching the video - the bridge does look sweet. Sadly though, the towers might be a problem for you in the future. They're going to need constant repair or the bridge will pop. But they do look much better than the massive land spikes I've seen used. It's a pity there's not a better mechanic for that.

Edited by Keenan

These are the categories I'm considering at the moment.  I wanted to give a good variety since there are many types of bridges out there.  Within a week hopefully we'll have a good amount of information to place bridges into their record-categories.  Here is a preview of the category list at the moment:

=Length=

• Longest single segment flat bridge
  • Longest single segment arched bridge
  • Longest single segment rope bridge
  • Longest total flat bridge
  • Longest total arched bridge
  • Longest total rope bridge

=Width=

• Longest 3 tile-wide flat bridge
  • Longest 3 tile-wide arched bridge
  • Longest 2 tile-wide flat bridge
  • Longest 2 tile-wide arched bridge

=Height=

• Highest flat bridge above water
  • Highest flat bridge above ground
  • Highest arched bridge above water
  • Highest arched bridge above ground
  • Highest rope bridge above water
  • Highest rope bridge above ground

=Special=

• Heaviest bridge (total materials)
  • Least Sag % rope bridge

Pretty sure JKEs bridge has the record for snagging the most backup horses on the way off deed

Wraithfoe pulled off a nice 35... 36 tile bridge was it?

Wood.

Wraithfoe pulled off a nice 35... 36 tile bridge was it?

Wood.

Well hopefully they'll see this thread and post the information.  When the record holders are posted they will only reflect bridges with valid information posted about them.  This means we might have for example a bridge of 30 length holding a length record simply because any larger bridges haven't been posted in detail for which to give the award to.

Well hopefully they'll see this thread and post the information.  When the record holders are posted they will only reflect bridges with valid information posted about them.  This means we might have for example a bridge of 30 length holding a length record simply because any larger bridges haven't been posted in detail for which to give the award to.

I helped plan it, seems like i had the only q90 tools on Release for a few days ;-)

I'll PM him if I see him, consider this a placeholderish submission.

I helped plan it, seems like i had the only q90 tools on Release for a few days ;-)

I'll PM him if I see him, consider this a placeholderish submission.

Yup, just get me the solid info and it'll be added to the pool of possible records.

It's 36 tiles, 1-wide wooden arched bridge. idk slope above water or height of arch, i might go look if I can be bothered later. It's no big deal tho - just a matter of having the skills and the tools, unlike all these other ones that require smart design and/or lots of materials.

It's 36 tiles, 1-wide wooden arched bridge. idk slope above water or height of arch, i might go look if I can be bothered later. It's no big deal tho - just a matter of having the skills and the tools, unlike all these other ones that require smart design and/or lots of materials.

The information given is quite good enough to be considered for at least 1 or 2 record places.  Thank you!

I just wanted to remind everyone of this PLEASE POST THE NAME OF YOUR BRIDGE ALONG WITH THE STATS.  This will make it much easier to list said bridge in the records.

Also, as an update, not only do I want to list the record-holding/record-breaking bridges in each category, I would also like to keep a compiled list of finished bridges.  A bridge directory if you will.  To do this I'd appreciate if you could name your bridge and it's location.  If you are a pvp player who posts your bridge pics and stats, but wish for the location to remain a secret, please say so, otherwise the village it is near and the server it is on would be wonderful to have documented!

Edited by Slickshot

Still awaiting more bridge posts before publishing the list.