Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Is PvP vs PvE becoming too agro?

I think they dont want special chaos rules because they are afraid of having more spagetti code and difficult to find bugs that can be abused or create drama. Thats why Epic is so good because its clearly seperate. Chaos is just a pain in the butt for Wurm devs. Epic would be so much better for PVP if you could bring your character when you went there.

• Like 1

I think they dont want special chaos rules because they are afraid of having more spagetti code and difficult to find bugs that can be abused or create drama. Thats why Epic is so good because its clearly seperate. Chaos is just a pain in the butt for Wurm devs. Epic would be so much better for PVP if you could bring your character when you went there.

Hahaha... you are funny.

What really kills me is this conspiracy theory some people seem to have regarding kingdom-specific decorations, which goes something like this: Rolf started adding his first PvP-specific models many years ago, knowing full well that a decade later, his chosen people (PvP players) would be selling these things at inflated prices to PvE-ers on a cluster that didn't even exist back then. And it was all part of a grand scheme to forever keep his PvPers well-funded and his PvE-ers in shackles, to the point where he actively refused to add PvE PMK's (and the cashflow that would come with it) just so his dark little heart could see the PvE-ers suffer from their lack of decorating options. Doesn't matter that the PvE PMK thing was only suggested like a week ago; it's still oppression, and it's still 100% undeniable proof that the agony people are feeling about not having the same toys as the kid down the street isn't just some empty martyr complex.

This is all so bizarre and ridiculous, I don't know why anyone takes it seriously. These conversations end up getting dominated by people stomping their feet like children, and it makes both sides look bad.

• Like 2

I thought it was your argument that pvping is so expensive that you need extra goodies that you can sell to fund your pvp playstyle on Chaos?

PVE argues that PVP should be about PVP not milking goodie drops from behind indestructible dirt walls and stacked teams. If theres too much to risk in pvp so that you want to have a reward for it then a better solution would be to reduce the risk of pvp.

I thought it was your argument that pvping is so expensive that you need extra goodies that you can sell to fund your pvp playstyle on Chaos?

PVE argues that PVP should be about PVP not milking goodie drops from behind indestructible dirt walls and stacked teams. If theres too much to risk in pvp so that you want to have a reward for it then a better solution would be to reduce the risk of pvp.

Nope, I don't play on Chaos, nor do I care what they can or can't do with their PvP stuff. We manage to fund ourselves just fine on Epic, so w/e. Anyone who claims that HotA's main function should be to fund deeds has their priorities completely backwards.

• Like 1

Nope, I don't play on Chaos, nor do I care what they can or can't do with their PvP stuff. We manage to fund ourselves just fine on Epic, so w/e. Anyone who claims that HotA's main function should be to fund deeds has their priorities completely backwards.

Well Im 100% in agreement with this post, but its not a conspiracy therory that some Chaos players say they need to be rewarded to play on Chaos. Epic is the solution to Wurm PVP but too bad devs are afraid to go all the way on their decisions, they only take a half step.

I haven't read the entire thread through, mainly because I am a bit tired and my head hurts from all the unneeded conflict (my opinion here) about PVE versus PVP.

There is indeed a third option, perhaps less often utlized, play both.

I still PVE mainly to spend time with friends I've made ingame and to give me a chance to unwind a bit from front line action on Epic. I also love building things and sometimes it's nice to be able to design things for openess rather then closed off defence. There is beauty in the design work that you can do on PVE that doesn't get to happen as easily in the "defence mindset required" for PVP.

I love PVP too. The group dynamics play a much bigger role, risk of death constantly and when you do fight it's with an opponent that is generally much smarter then the hardest creatures we find on PVE.

There are features that I would love to see on PVE. They are:

- Slimmed down PMK to allow people to personalize their alliance. Maybe not have all the special title features used on PVP however give people more options to be creative. Let them have banners and wagons and tabards with their colours on them. Not for free, just make it possible. I suspect there might be a graphics limit that makes this technically tricky though

- Random treasure chest spawns on each server. Perhaps not as frequent or as richly stocked as what you find on a PVP server however make it something that still sends people looking for it. I have found two treasure chests so far and each has been an unexpectedly wonderful experience for me personally! It wasn't the treasure that made the experience, it was the unexpected discovery.

There are also features that I would love to see on PVP. They are:

- An option that allows diplomacy to play a much bigger role in PVP. Perhaps a diplomatic channel for negotiations or a special small little neutral island where inter-kingdom discussions and trade can occur

- More war machine types, a working siege shield and other tools like burning pitch, drawbridges, tunnelling under wall options that would change the landscape of PVP combat to even more closely match options that were available historically

- A one or two month "no local radar" trial to see what combat would be like in a world where you have to have scouts above, behind and on all flanks of your attack force. Same with sentries to give early warning of deed raids.

I realize that all people won't agree to these suggestions and that's ok because different people have different likes in this game.

What I most want is to end the us versus them argument and instead focus on seeing what is already a great game get better still. Wurm is a great game. I have spent more time and money on this game then any other game before it. I honestly have no idea when or if this ride I am on will end however until then I continue to enjoy the journey!

~Nappy

I'd like to see a trail run of no names in local at all.

If it becomes easier to make concrete pvpers will build stone walls instead of dirtwalls to avoid having to pvp for their goodie drops.

26 slope rockwalls?