Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Is PvP vs PvE becoming too agro?

I am clearly part of this agro mess. Recently had a guild mate point it out to me and it was a bit of an eye opener, or wake up call. Negativity isn't something I want to have constantly in my life and I bet others in the us vs them battle aren't enjoying the battle either.

So what is the answer? How do we fix it?

How about a new server for pve, where no pvp content can exist. No pvp gods, no hota, no pvp banners no pvp mechanics that nerf pve fun. A code split server.

Wait, this is too much work for the dev team you say? No. Not really. They managed it with challenge. They managed it with test. They managed it with epic to some degree. Why not this?

No old alts, no old gear, no nothing but a brave (ok, not that brave) new pure pve paradise.

• Like 4

what? sounds like a waste of time.  im not too sure why this is needed, you gave no explanation. (agro mess)??

Edited by tgod

Separating PVE and PVP, yes.  But take all those things, gods, hota, banners, etc. is wrong.  We complain that the only way to get some variety in our content is to either go join pvp, or buy it from them.  What you propose would be a very generic, bland pve experience.  Your idea seems a bit one sided, letting pvp have all the goodies and pve gets nothing.

• Like 3

pve and pvp connected also drives the economy, use /ignore if your tired of this non existent battle lol.. 

I think a new server that is PVE only is a great idea, and if it means no hota, banners, etc., then so be it.  As many other have pointed out, "choice" is a great thing and this would offer players a choice.  We would have 3 distinct options: PvE only, PvE/PvP mix, and PvP only.  

If anything just move chaos back off from freedom and make a new teleport to there like with epic. 

• Like 5

If anything just move chaos back off from freedom and make a new teleport to there like with epic.

Or remove freedom and be forced to live on chaos. Logic isnt your strong side, is it?

• Like 1

I am clearly part of this agro mess. Recently had a guild mate point it out to me and it was a bit of an eye opener, or wake up call. Negativity isn't something I want to have constantly in my life and I bet others in the us vs them battle aren't enjoying the battle either.

So what is the answer? How do we fix it?

How about a new server for pve, where no pvp content can exist. No pvp gods, no hota, no pvp banners no pvp mechanics that nerf pve fun. A code split server.

Wait, this is too much work for the dev team you say? No. Not really. They managed it with challenge. They managed it with test. They managed it with epic to some degree. Why not this?

No old alts, no old gear, no nothing but a brave (ok, not that brave) new pure pve paradise.

You mean something like pristine and release?

• Like 1

Or remove freedom and be forced to live on chaos. Logic isnt your strong side, is it?

Chaos was not part of freedom from the start so why would they remove freedom? If they were to split the pvp and pve then seems logical to me that chaos should be the one to be removed. We for sure don't need new servers so to split the group then moving chaos is the only option...well unless you want to lose 400-500 players with your suggestion.

Anyway neither one will happen so all this topic is doing it perpetuating the pvp vs pve thing anyway, lol

Edited by Kegan
  • Like 1

Leme guess, a server not related to chaos or pve servers. 

It will have no hota and nothing like that.

Soooooo, being a person who likes to see what will happen in future:

People living on that server will demand content that chaos has? Just like people on freedom are doing now.

People living on that server will demand content that challenge has? Just like people are doing now.

So, you wanna give one more reason for people to babble and yet split the community in one more way eh?

No thanks, -1.

You want another pve server?

Besides this was all tested before with pristine and release.

But right now what we do not need is another server to spread people even more.

• Like 1

Chaos is Freedom. 

Just a few things:

Chaos is a place where you can toggle lawful. The divide from there is created by the players (and sometimes provoked by updates and code changes, but still reside within the players)

As for play style, Chaos tends to be closer-knit as you must be to survive.

The other Freedom servers range from very helpful people to those who have not a care in the world for their fellow Wurmian.

And while PvP exists on Chaos, I find that there's a greater PvP mindset in some PvE players.

(Edit: By this, I mean I've found a higher number of aggressive players off of Chaos. By aggressive, I mean in how they conduct themselves both in chat and their actions in-game. It's also a spectrum really, because even some of the nicer folk wind up doing things to their fellow neighbor that could be considered aggressive, such as dropping 1x1 structures to prevent a neighbor from expanding their deed (land grabbing), stalking a deed that's about to disband in order to completely loot it, or other actions that are legal, but carry an unfriendly and aggressive message.)

Many accounts that play PvP are high-skilled accounts, and some contribute a great deal to the economy on the rest of Freedom.

And now for my personal experience: Some of the most helpful people I've met in Wurm were PvPers or moved onto Chaos after getting tired of the "keyboard warriors" on Freedom. That's why I followed them over.

If you want the PvE vs PvP agro to stop, it starts with you - any and all of you.

Edited by Keenan
  • Like 8

Idk if anyones noticed. But its always pve people that start the arguments 

• Like 1

Idk if anyones noticed. But its always pve people that start the arguments 

Actually, I have been taking notice, and it's not just "PvE people" that do it. There's bantering on both sides, especially when it comes to code changes and updates. There's enough blame to go around. On Chaos, we are just as guilty for shunning "carebears" as the PvE crowd are for telling us to go back to Chaos.

• Like 2

See in a way you just did it yourself by using the term carebear.

Edit: I know that you were just getting your point across but it can be as simple as a term like that and the fight is on, lol

Edited by Kegan

Chaos was not part of freedom from the start so why would they remove freedom? If they were to split the pvp and pve then seems logical to me that chaos should be the one to be removed. We for sure don't need new servers so to split the group then moving chaos is the only option...well unless you want to lose 400-500 players with your suggestion.

Anyway neither one will happen so all this topic is doing it perpetuating the pvp vs pve thing anyway, lol

Chaos was very much part from the start. dunno how it was when you started, but back in the days, the pvp and pve servers where connected and it worked nicely untill one day Rolf had something bad for lunch, then they got seperated, and now connected again. Back then the pve servers had a resource limit, that made trading a nessesary thing. I dont think we should return to that, but I like the idea of every area having something the other areas want, it brings a reason to trade and transport.

Chaos was very much part from the start. dunno how it was when you started, but back in the days, the pvp and pve servers where connected and it worked nicely untill one day Rolf had something bad for lunch, then they got seperated, and now connected again. Back then the pve servers had a resource limit, that made trading a nessesary thing. I dont think we should return to that, but I like the idea of every area having something the other areas want, it brings a reason to trade and transport.

Well when i got here you had to teleport to Chas from FM so that was why i said that. I don't care about the pvp players being here  don't get me wrong but using a portal and separating the servers would allow for a better way of what the op is wanting without the need for a new server is all i was posting about.

The only thing you would lose is the items going back and forth but i think that is one of the problems the op has trouble with anyway. 

Edited by Kegan

See in a way you just did it yourself by using the term carebear.

Edit: I know that you were just getting your point across but it can be as simple as a term like that and the fight is on, lol

Buddy, I play epic as a carebear, there is nothing wrong with being a carebear and if ppl call me a carebear I see that as a compliment.

Carebears unite!

• Like 1

Great idea, let's create another server so we can spread wurm's tiny playerbase even more! Hurray!! 10/10 Mr genius.

• Like 3

If you want a non-pvp/non-hota/non-kingdom banner/non-gods/non-everything chaos game you can have it on freedom isles right now. My deed is devoid of all that stuff and I did not need a separate server to make that happen. Trick is to find a nice quiet area of a server to try that out.

Some one brought up pristine and release servers... from the time they were launched until they were connected to the rest of the servers I loved the isolation from all the pvp related stuff.... but many disliked it and asked continuously for those two servers to get connected to the rest of the world... so the idea was tried and basically failed. I think personally it was because some Players cannot, or will not, control themselves and not create characters on a server type they know they won't like. They create characters there (can't say no to a new server) and then complain because the server is too different, and now their characters are trapped, and they constantly ask Rolf to make the unique server changed and/or connected so it's like all the rest. So even if Rolf made a server like what you suggest within a few months there would be wailing and gnashing of teeth that it was too different and cries to Rolf made to change it into a "regular" pve server.

At least that is what I think would happen with the OP's idea for a server ... it didn't take long for the wailing and gnashing of teeth to start on pristine and release, that's for sure.

Edited by geode
  • Like 1

I am very much a PvE player.  I have no interest in PvP.  While I'm unlikely to ever visit Chaos, however, I would be sad to see it go.  Despite all the bickering, mud-slinging, name-calling and so on, I think Chaos adds to Freedom, and we would be a lesser place without it.  While the code and feature separation could be better, so that changes that benefit one group don't always screw up the other, both sides benefit from each other, and from being connected to each other.

Keenan is right - the fundamental problem is the mutual lack of respect for each other, and that's something we all need to address.  Going forward, while I may not always agree with the PvP folks, I will endevour to treat them with the same respect I would like to be treated with.  I will try to find ways for us all to live together, and I will stop thinking of folks who play on Chaos (or Epic) as a breed apart, but as fellow players of Wurm.

I'm still going to call Hoppy names, though.

• Like 1

I'm still going to call Hoppy names, though.

• Like 1

How about where PVP can not have a say in non PVP maps physics,trades,gods,whatever so that way i can put a gate on my deed canal lol

How about PVE  does not have a say in PVP physics trades gods  ....you get the message.

I guess that would take different code

I don't post much PVE Vs PVP  nonsense on these forums  i don't post much at all  i prefer to play the game with what i got and have fun why let arguing bring me down.