Sign in to follow this  
Bunnyman

Merchant Remake

In their current state, merchants are somewhat useless at actually selling stuff and mostly used to store things on deed.  My suggestion is a complete overhaul of the merchant mechanics.  Instead of just being a local NPC you have to be in range to trade, I suggest making them something you would plant on your personal deed and have sole ability to use.  When you use your merchant, you can put items on them in a similar fashion but can also use a search feature to find items on other player's merchants across the server. 

If you wanted to purchase an item, your merchant would be temporary out of service as they travel to the over merchant to pick up the item and bring it back.  The transaction fee paid to the merchant could be a flat fee similar to CoD or a % of the item price like how merchants currently are.  This would a much more useful application of merchants and help reduce a lot of forum traffic for selling and buying.

• Like 2

Anything is better than a current state, sales on merchants are so rare fro many reasons... Also would be nice to implement mechanics for selling bulk items via some sort of trading station than one can purchase for his deed. So +1 from me on rethinking and redoing merchant mechanics for sure

In their current state, merchants are somewhat useless at actually selling stuff and mostly used to store things on deed. ...

And you know that how?

Maybe you're playing a different game but in Wurm I see plenty of merchants in the open in a number of markets. Heck, I even see my own merchant selling stuff at the small Inn & Market at Vrock Landing and you tell me he's useless at that? :)

And you know that how?

Maybe you're playing a different game but in Wurm I see plenty of merchants in the open in a number of markets. Heck, I even see my own merchant selling stuff at the small Inn & Market at Vrock Landing and you tell me he's useless at that? :)

Some people still use merchants, but I'm sure most will agree it isn't very practical.  Especially on a map like Xanadu where travel is limited.

Being able to Rob merchants makes me reluctant to put it up for business.

I will not place my merchant on a highway because it may be robbed.

Not being able to place it at a the kingdom starter deed on new elevation made me not put up my merchant there.

I play on Elevation, Wurm's Premier PVP Server.