Sign in to follow this  
Traveler777

Mine/Tunnels Wall Dividers, Lockable...

I would like to see a Mine Wall that you put in Mines/Tunnels/ Shafts that have a lockable door on them. This would be mainly used for on deed preferences to lock sections of mines so that they may not be accessable to other with appropriate permissions. Set them up as a regular building door but have the somewhat stronger with the intentions of a mine door (even making them out of rock possible to hide sections, but this would still be seen through by the more experienced players). The reason being is to lock off veins of ore that have more precious value to them than the lesser quality ones that you may not want mined. On deed or less likely off deed(where they could be bashed with somewhat more difficulty than a rock shard wall because of the heavy beams used in them) they would use the appropriate skills to build from Wood or Stone("clevery hinged into the surrounding rock making it nearly invisible" ). Just an idea.

• Like 7

I think the reason this doesn't work currently is because there are no tile borders in caves...

but I'm all for it if I can live in a mine, set up my own rooms and such, decorate it...

Edited by KyleBooze
  • Like 2

It's bad enough you can put uber strong mine doors on mines you don't own and should be public domain, this would be even worse imo.

We had a public mine that everyone in the area shared because it had a rare lead vein in it.  One day some jerk decided it was "his" mine because...reasons.  And he threw a high quality rock door on it, and that was that.  No mine for anyone else.

That's the kind of poor community spirit we could do less of in this game.  We don't need to give griefers even MORE options.

If you want to protect a mine, start one in your deed. 

It's bad enough you can put uber strong mine doors on mines you don't own and should be public domain, this would be even worse imo.

We had a public mine that everyone in the area shared because it had a rare lead vein in it.  One day some jerk decided it was "his" mine because...reasons.  And he threw a high quality rock door on it, and that was that.  No mine for anyone else.

That's the kind of poor community spirit we could do less of in this game.  We don't need to give griefers even MORE options.

If you want to protect a mine, start one in your deed. 

• Like 1

+1 Would love to be able to put fences/gates in my mine

-1. If you can't trust your villagers on-deed to not mine that utmost iron ore, then you shouldn't have them to start with. In my deed, the mayor has planted a sign before utmost ore that reads "Utmost Ore. Do not mine" and when asked, he explains to everyone that unless your mining skill is really high to make good use of it, you should focus on the lower quality ores that sits further in the mine. So far, he's kicked out a few people for not respecting that rule, and those that respect it are pretty much trustworthy, so they deserve sticking around! 

Seriously. Use signs, and talk with your people if its On deed. If its off-deed, well, you can always use a mine door and set it so your people can go in. 

That's all there is to it. 

Edit: If it is at all possible, you can even try to make a "Private Entrance" for those quality ores you want to protect, and set a secure door on that.

Edited by Delisira

Yes..My main goal is on deed. And I use the post above..it would be abused by off deed use..and the people who think "EVERYTHING" is theirs simply because the want to think that way or the put a mine door or fence up..(which this attitude apparently is now more the norm more often). I am mainly referring to on deed  mines..you know the one that somehow is right on the border or there were some mines from previous deed owner OR , you have an utmost and you don't want any villagers wasting it (other than the polite word or "please" don't use) ...this is the place I would like to see the mine shaft doors use. It could be like the wood or metal door some people use or even the hidden stone types. I absolutely do not propose "off deed" use. I know there are people would abuse it on a neighbor are "foe" and make a whole corridor of doors to get back at someone. In the very least ..to many news would not know to be respectful of a "Public" mine. Thanks for the input. Its all about the talk..posts are only as good as popularity and practical "IMPLEMENTATION" by the programmers...hint.

• Like 1

-1. If you can't trust your villagers on-deed to not mine that utmost iron ore, then you shouldn't have them to start with. In my deed, the mayor has planted a sign before utmost ore that reads "Utmost Ore. Do not mine" and when asked, he explains to everyone that unless your mining skill is really high to make good use of it, you should focus on the lower quality ores that sits further in the mine. So far, he's kicked out a few people for not respecting that rule, and those that respect it are pretty much trustworthy, so they deserve sticking around! 

Seriously. Use signs, and talk with your people if its On deed. If its off-deed, well, you can always use a mine door and set it so your people can go in. 

That's all there is to it. 

Edit: If it is at all possible, you can even try to make a "Private Entrance" for those quality ores you want to protect, and set a secure door on that.

Except this does nothing at all for when someone offdeed tunnels into your mine, unfortunately =/

Unfortunately as it stands, I believe CC has addressed this request multiple times with the statement that until underground wurm recieves a complete overhaul, any sort of underground structures are not possible (or not going to happen). I would love to see that change in the future though, fingers crossed?

Edited by Arronicus

Another scenario where I think this would be useful is when a neighbor might happen to tunnel into your mine. Would be nice to be able to put up a door of this sort to keep your mine secure and not allow access through an un-official entrance. Or to keep out would be griefers tunneling in from the perimeter or even farther away.