Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Saddles on bison, cart views, gems, mountain gear and placement of items

A few suggestions:

1. Bison can be saddled with normal saddles, but it is truly worthless as they still run off even with saddles.  PLEASE make it so they don't run away  when they have a saddle on their back, same as horses.  It would really help if the five speed bison in the wagon don't go all Usain Bolt when they are unhitched.

2. Since sitting was introduced on carts, the passenger's weapon obscures the driver's views.  Please make it so the weaps won't interfere with the driver's view.  Also, since sitting, carts no longer "tilt" backwards when going up slopes, so you can't see what is going on behind you like you could before.  Please tilt the carts back like they did before the sitting.  Or, alternatively, allow the driver to either sit or stand, so you can either have things as they currently are, or like they were before the introduction of sitting (no weapons to obscure your view, and see the cart as tilted backwards so you can see what is going on behind you when going uphill).

3. Allow us to make jewelry with gems (currently, gems are only useful for priests or for making sacrificial knives).  Allowing uses like rings or necklaces would be awesome.  Also, allow troll teeth to be made into necklaces or knife blades.

4.  Since we now bounce over walls, please allow other options to be safe while building on high slopes.  Things like grappling hooks, mountain gear, ropes, things that will allow stam regen while you are trying to build the next wall on your mountain deed, or perhaps just climbing up mountains as fence ladders no longer work.

5. Please allow better options for placing and moving items.  Drop/plant (and hope for the best), push and pull, and turn a standard amount really sucks.  Please make it more accurate to drop or plant on a specific spot inside the tile, or aligned to the tile edge, and as for turning, please allow turning clockwise or anti clockwise by an amount in degrees instead of just a standard amount.  Addition:  Please allow hauling straight from wagons or carts like it was before the whole "offload, go upstairs, activate rope, haul thing up" was introduced.  This added at least 3 more mouseclicks to the simple act of getting things from a wagon or cart to a few floors up.

6. Belated additions:

6a.  When you sit down on a cart or ship you have this really weird thing poking out the front of your body...I am sure everyone knows what I am referring to.  Please fix this.

6b.  Everyone now falls off carts when they are the passenger, when you take fast turns or go over bridges or even passing gates.  Whether a bug or just something to suggest, please look into this too. (If bug please move this part to bug section.  Thanks!)

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 16

+1.  Number two is very annoying especially with huge axe it blind sides my vision i cannot see ,but yes i agree with all of the above some really good suggestions :)

Edited by Toecutter
  • Like 2

Suggested the mountain gear back while I was on Xanadu. Given the number of mountains there, I thought it was a really cool idea. I even suggested chances of rope failure for the "We love when you die" people LOL

• Like 3

+1 the bison runs without looking back and immediately finds a rock area to sprint through, then soon disappears from sight like a master ninja.

• Like 3

+1 bump

If it please the devs better, planting stakes to hitch *any* animal to.... since saddled sheep would lead to too many jokes about the commonwealth =P

• Like 7

Bison on crack when you unhitch them...not a good look.  Please allow saddled bison to stay still, and get rid of the annoying weapon in your face while driving a cart, especially huge axe.  Ta.

yes to all, but especially 2 and 5.  Can we make a 1a, where we get a rope that leads 4 animals again?

• Like 1

Well I learned something in this post I had no idea you could saddle bison!

Yes it would be great to be able to have them not take off up a mountain side like the Flash when unhitched.

I believe someone said the cart thing was a result of bug fix for ships and carts entering mines and canals so it might be something we have to accept as a trade-off for not having to push a knarr through a canal opening.

Edited by Bachus

I like your post, it is relevant.  Number five could be fixed very easy, use the same code as the tree planting.  Random, center, and/or add fixed positions of NE,SE, NW, SW, Center NE, CSE, CNW, CSW.    

• Like 1

+ 1.  Double +1 to huge axe in front of driver's face while driving carts.

Saddles to keep bison in place when unhitched would be great.

While sitting on cart/wagon you can now unhitch animals one at a time i think......

+1 too all of them, but #2 and #5 would be extra great if they were implemented.

...still waiting for bison to get saddles and not run off...