Sign in to follow this  
Ulviirala

Robert the Kyklops - Update: Event time set!

wurm.20150613.1101bmu0m.jpg

Apparently it jumped someone in the fog looking for iron, when they poked their head into an unsuspicious cave entrance. What a day... what a day...

Robert is currently being held in a cave, waiting for the dinner party guests to arrive. We'll try to not disturb the area too much, while preparing it a bit for you, and making it easier to find. There are people living in the area, so we're trying not to be too disruptive. On the other hand, hopefully they won't get horribly murdered by Robert.

Tuga, Shodakai, and myself have spent some time to prepare Robert's party tomorrow! Please give him a warm surprise by showing up in large numbers on SUNDAY, 12PM PST / 9PM CEST / 7PM GMT!

auction_timer_E1434308422.gif

(*** Mostly copied from WKM who copied from Lisabet ***) ;)

Fighters:

Have 70+ fighting skill, bring a 70+ ql weapon, 40 skill in the appropriate weapon skill, and wear some armour during the fight.

Bystanders:

All welcome to come watch the fights and get free blood!

Loot is public:

• Sign-up with your main character by posting here!
  • Every name will be numbered on a list.
  • You need to be listed on the twitter list from the kill.
  • We'll make /random rolls for the loot that drops.
  • Tuga will manage the loot distribution! He also did the red dragon on Xanadu.
The location is N18, in the valley on the eastern side of the mountain. One way is probably from Greymead/Whitefay, going around the southern end of the lake to the south, and then west. It's probably the easiest, too.

The dirt from the cobblestone road is packed in a diagonal line. Tuga will pack some more dirt tomorrow to find it even easier, but we'll not make any permanent pavement.

It is possible to get a sailboat or knarr into the bay southeast of the lake that is shaped like a 9 through the south tip. All the way from the ocean. I went through with a sailboat myself once. Zoom in on the map dump and you'll see it. Corbitas, cogs, and caravels however won't fit because most of the canals up until that points ain't deep enough. And it's a very tight fit as it is.

If you head along the north highway east of Hammer Lake, there is a road leading above the mountain. It is 40 slope through and needs to be climbed with a mount or vehicle, it is not connected to anywhere and rather hidden. It can very vaguely be seen on the map dump, I rather found it by accident. The forest is rather thick and the road is hard to find if you don't already know somewhat where to look for it. I would not recommend it.

Here's a close-up of the location: http://abload.de/img/robert_closerup2kq66.jpg

robert_closerup2kq66.jpg

Despite looking like the circle is on top of the mountain, it is not. It's at the base of the mountain, it just overlaps the location due to the way elevation is rendered.

Here's one where you can see more of the area better: http://abload.de/img/robert_map8kpsv.jpg

robert_map8kpsv.jpg

If you look carefully on the map dump, you'll see a cobblestone road near the two tiny lakes. It's a dead end. Head north along the mountain and you'll find the place. Tuga has been packing some dirt as mentioned above, and will pack some more tomorrow but not make any permanent pavement. Can't miss it!

http://maps.mvcomputing.co.uk/Xanadu/

Robert's wiki article.

wurm.20150613.0947dlao4.jpg

Miscellaneous:

I'm building a house with a large balcony for bystanders to watch the fighting from a stone's throw away. There are no forges or ovens, please bring 11x clay if you want Somebody's alt has delivered 22 clay for one forge and oven each, so you can have something hot to do meanwhile! Currently there's only a QL21.00 iron vein readily-ish (1 tile steep slope to cave entrance) available (other veins (very good, utmost) close by are under tons of dirt).

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 4

+1 I would could come from summerholt and bash on it!    Weekend bashing \o/

Heading on over to pack some dirt / cut some trees help the lost :)

Edited by Sunnyside

We have tugged Robert away in a deeded cave, and a public dinner party will be organised very soon!

Edited by Ulviirala

After some getting tossed around, we've done it. Tuga, Shodakai, and myself are prepared to host Robert's dinner party tomorrow at 12PM PST! All information in the OP :)

That was fast! I threw up a timer on Niarja (note that your timer points to 11am PST, not 12pm)

That was fast! I threw up a timer on Niarja (note that your timer points to 11am PST, not 12pm)

Thank you! And thanks for pointing this out, I completely messed this up because of daylight saving time. It's 9PM CEST then, 7PM GMT. Unless I still got it wrong, I'm very tired heh. Been up all night to get lucky.

On another note, I'm building a house with an upper floor balcony for all bystanders wanting to watch the fight just a stone's throw away from the cave. Alas, there is no clay and thus no forges or ovens. Please bring 11x clay if you want something hot to do while you're there. Vegetables can be foraged, and meat acquired from local hostile creatures if you want to cook. Or bring a fishing rod to make a catch in the nearby lakes.

Currently there's only a QL21.00 iron readily-ish (1 tile steep-ish slope to cave entrance) available nearby. It's difficult so far away from home, but I'm trying to be a good co-host yet :)

We have a fountain on a water tile for drinking.

Edited by Ulviirala

WarRager as fighter.

And for the twitter thing, does my name show up if i just fight it, don't have to do anything else?

Edited by WarRager

Thanks for the event and grats for the catch :D

I'll bring Jaz and Zaj to fight it

We will go too, please add me to the group. Annyil/Tamina/Mittyke

Count me in, eye want to share my point of view with the Kyklops.

• Like 1

any way one could ride there from the west side?

Thanks for putting this together. Ellan will attend.

i will bet there with bells on!

whoo hoo!

I get to fight this time! \o/

i will be there with dimmi and Ermion fo priest

Maaaaybe I'll come. Just in case, count me in- Alkhadias

But i doubt :<