Sign in to follow this  

Please give us more than one color on the chothes!

• Like 1

Following on from his new line of shirts released last week, Wox has continued working on Wurm's fashion range, with 3 new designs of pant. You can catch some sneak previews below - it's beginning to look like Wurm will have a pretty expansive range of clothing once he's done!

Nice! I'm sure many of us ladies would really really really love to see some dresses or skirts as well!

• Like 2

I'm so happy to see all these bug fixes being implemented, well done team!

Also super happy to see that grass can now be planted indoors as that's how I wanted to have my stables from the beginning, so now I can finally plant grass there instead of having packed dirt. Thank you for that. :D

Also loving the new marble statue as well as the clothing items. Personally, I'd love it if there were more "skins" for battle-y clothing too, like different types of aesthetic designs for leather armor, or different types of chain/platemail armor. Kind of like it is with the Great Helm/Basinet Helm, where the difference between them is that they look different. Pauldrons sounds like that would fall into that category so I'm looking forward to seeing those being released!

• Like 2

Please add clothing for female characters. Even just one skirt would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Tap Dance Bridge, Celebration

It’s been exciting to see all the new bridges being created across the lands of Wurm! This week we continue to take a look at some of these bridge projects with the Tap Dance Bridge completed on the Celebration server. The folks from Mercenary Camp took it upon themselves to provide a quicker, safer route between Tap Dance and Southern Celebration. Hats off to them for such an impressive building project! The unique center arch-section allows larger ships to pass through and gives the bridge a fun, roller-coaster effect.

Tap%20Dance%20Bridge.jpg?dl=1

You can learn more about the Tap Dance Bridge project here. GM Jberg/Logi also took some aerial screenshots of the bridge for us, which look pretty cool!

Hey.............

That's my bridge! :)

• Like 2

Clothing and armor are not the same those a clearly just normal clothing.

il_570xN.301088008.jpg

Cloth Armor was ribbed and or quilted to add toughness and padding of blows and slashes so it looked more like today's puffy coats.

They did a fine job on producing more clothing for variety rather than everyone not in armor looking like a barefoot hermit.

True (and that looks more like a repro of a jacket worn by fencers of stage and screen) ...

But for game purpose, the green pants look to be a texture clone of the blue we have, the one with minor defense. That is the stats I referred. To have them added with the same qualities as our naked arse, would be a fail.

Fixes that apply to all servers are in black, to purely PvP servers in blue and to purely PvE servers in green.

I see what you did there ;)

Speaking from first hand knowledge, I get fewer scratches from cats and bushes and sliding down hillsides if I wear some clothing compared to running around the woods naked \o/  

So I would like ALL clothing to offer SOME protection (as it does now, with the unfortunate  exception of the new wool & leather headgear, which should be fixed to offer some protection).  I also would like to see "padded armor" added to the game, staged between cloth armor and normal leather armor.  It can look quite dashing! It's a little heavier than cloth and requires a cotton padding as well as wool squares and yarn. It would offer additional " Fashionista Tailor Love"

12.png45.pnggambeson-medieval-rembourrage-sous-armur

padded3.jpg

Byzantine_Greek_Alexander_Manuscript_Cat

Padded would be a nice option for priests, farmers, and players who need to travel light

But even "everyday clothing" should always offer some minimal protection, similar to our current cloth armor sets.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 4

Perhaps if they allowed cosmetic slots it would be worth while to allow the new clothes to take on the stats of the proper armor ( I know this would probably be a problem on PvP servers )

Well I would like to be able to wear a shirt underneath my armor.

Those rivets on studded can be very scratchy and chainmail will rub your nipples raw!  :o

*Grabs art team by the ankles and shakes them one by one*

Cloaks!!! ^_^

Thaks for the update. Great work Wox and awesome stables, Calimdor!

wow calimdor! your stables looks great! i always wanted stables where my horses could eat gras under a roof.

that with the clothing: where are the dresses? my girls want a fine dress which they can dye!  XD

• Like 3

A request for clothing: make a set of the current versions of clothing that are plain white and can be dyed.  They don't need to be different models at all, just capable of being coloured as we like.  It's always struck me as odd that I can dye things like signs and lamps, but not basic clothing.

• Like 5

...They don't need to be different models at all, just capable of being coloured as we like...

Sure, it would be a nice addition if clothing were dyeable but different models (styles) are still desirable (needed). Not to needle you about this thread of a difference though.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

The dropbox pictures always take a buttload of years to load, you might want to not host pictures there when including them in the OP.

I might've missed a reply to this somewhere in the thread, but what does

"Fix so can’t dig at the end of bridges."

mean?

Edited by Aeris

Gotta admit, the moment I read the word "pauldrons", I immediately thought of "that one game":

1251216721871.jpg

I really hope this isn't the direction we're heading, but based on what we've seen on tower guards, it seems pretty likely. Please have mercy on us, art gods.

The dropbox pictures always take a buttload of years to load, you might want to not host pictures there when including them in the OP.

I might've missed a reply to this somewhere in the thread, but what does

"Fix so can’t dig at the end of bridges."

mean?

There was a bug that you could dig at the border where a bridge connected, creating bridges that had a slope on the border. Which was bad because you couldn't drop dirt back down to level them up again.

So fixed :)

• Like 1

Hrm, they seem to be fine for me here in the UK, where are you located? Dropbox is easiest because everyone on the team can contribute and it gives you a bit more control over the files. We could try saving them as a slightly lower quality JPEG if a lot of people are having issues to reduce the download size.

I'm in the northern parts of Europe. I don't think the size is the issue, rather the connectivity to the dropbox server itself. I checked the file and it's not at all large (plus I have very fast connection speed) but the page still does the annoying loading dance whenever dropbox pictures are used.

Does anyone know if the lack of collision for trees is only a temporary thing while better collision is worked out for them, or if it's permanent? It seems so weird being able to clip right through trees, and it makes forests a lot less interesting, if easier.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the lack of collision for trees is only a temporary thing while better collision is worked out for them, or if it's permanent? It seems so weird being able to clip right through trees, and it makes forests a lot less interesting, if easier.

Only the god of Wurm knows and even then he is even stumped by such things. As for me, myself and I, we are all quite happy now not to become stuck between trees and walls as we wander around doing our various tasks. Even riding horse carts through the forests is unimpeded by their majestic trunks, which although of much greater girth than the elephants emit no threatening sounds to discourage our passing.

Yea, I like that they don't block and hope it remains that way.

=Ayes=

• Like 1