Sign in to follow this  

Green clothing! Need an "old school freedom" outfit including the pointy hat :)

Yes. Plz.

• Like 1

I am also quite excited by the non-collision with trees.  Getting around more easily is easily worth the trade-off of making climbing more difficult.

Does anyone know if the lack of collision for trees is only a temporary thing while better collision is worked out for them, or if it's permanent? It seems so weird being able to clip right through trees, and it makes forests a lot less interesting, if easier.

Only the god of Wurm knows and even then he is even stumped by such things. *snipped for space*

=Ayes=

I am also quite excited by the non-collision with trees.  Getting around more easily is easily worth the trade-off of making climbing more difficult.

The answer to this question, by a developer, is in the following thread from the server bug forum:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123559-no-collision-with-trees/?hl=%2Btree+%2Bcollision#entry1275629

There is no ambiguity to the answer.  It is clear.  It is precise.  It is fact and definitive.  It is not arguable.

ErikN, on 15 May 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:
"Yes it has been temporarily turned off due to there being some issues with the collision that we did not feel was big enough to delay the release to fix. But to avoid you guys having to suffer those issues we turned the collision off."

The answer to this question, by a developer, is in the following thread from the server bug forum:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/123559-no-collision-with-trees/?hl=%2Btree+%2Bcollision#entry1275629

There is no ambiguity to the answer.  It is clear.  It is precise.  It is fact and definitive.  It is not arguable.

So it is only temporary:

Unless they decide to make it permanent and not bother to tell us or it takes years for them to get around to fixing by which time people will think it is a feature and complain about it being fixed.

• Like 1

*snip*

So it is only temporary:

*snip* or it takes years for them to get around to fixing by which time people will think it is a feature and complain about it being fixed.

Yeah... which is kind of what I was afraid would happen from the moment I read that bug thread a long while back.  That sort of thing just gets under my skin.  I don't think I've been in a situation before where I could clearly see it developing from the moment of inception so I'm feeling rather militant about it.

Ghost trees have saved my life on occasion, for sure, but they're trees ffs.   :D   Come on ppl!  Trees!

• Like 1